Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2023, 12:23 AM

Default Are you seeing speedo at waterparks?

I was at Volcano Bay Waterpark in Orlando this week. Me and my friend just had our speedos and had no issue wearing them. I was happy to see three other guys in speedos and several guys in short square cuts. I have seen many more square cuts on guys in the past few years. Speedos I normally see 3-4 guys in them every time I go to a water park in Orlando. Do you wear a speedo to a waterpark?
Old 09-11-2023, 02:27 AM

Default Waterpark

Haven’t hit up the water parks in Orlando in a couple years as my kids are older now. But when they were young we used to go pretty regularly. Never had a problem wearing them. You’d always have a few tourists in briefs or square cuts. Sometimes you’d see more than others but as always, as long as you are comfortable in them you’re fine. You hear stories on here of suit damage and such but I never had an issue. You hear people on here afraid as they think people will have a problem with what you have on but I can say I honestly can’t count the number of times I’ve visited those parks and although you will get some looks and stares at times, but never once have I felt uncomfortable wearing a Speedo to a water park.
Old 09-11-2023, 11:33 AM

Default Water Park

I have worn them at Disney World and Atlantis.
Never had a problem at Disney World.
At Atlantis, I was told that they are discouraged because they tend to rip.
Odd thing about that is, the swim shorts I had brought ripped on one of the slides earlier in the trip, so the only choice I had left was the speedo.
Going to Atlantis again this year.
For the past several years, I have worn only tan through swinsuits.
Not so much that I care about tan lines, more because they are light weight, fast drying and feel less confining.
I bought a relatively short regular swimsuit for the trip.
I strongly suspect that the tan trough swimsuits would be too likely to rip.
I am bringing a tan through swim brief for the pools and lazy river.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:04 PM
Speedo Member

Default Malaysia

Just been on holiday to Singapore and Malaysia.
My wife and I went to Legoland in Malaysia, which has an attached waterpark. I was thinking of wearing a square-cut, but my wife said that my Marcuse "puppy" briefs, which are her favourite, would be fine. I was the only adult in briefs. I saw one teenager in briefs, but about 10% of men and teenagers were in square-cuts (almost all of them plain black though). Nobody said anything about my attire.
Later we went to Escape on Penang Island. There was one other guy in a brief - a brightly coloured skimpy one (he was with his wife and child). Once again about 10% of guys wore black square-cuts. Some people wore long lycra tights and long sleeved rashies. It was noticeable that some of these people got stuck in the looping slide, and we even saw one lady in a swim burkini who ended up sliding backwards back to the bottom of the looping slide and had to be rescued. I shot through at high speed (and a wedgie). Just goes to show how much more slippery skin is than swimsuits.
Old 10-11-2023, 10:02 AM

Many years ago, at Wet N Wild, I did Der Stuka 6 times, wearing a Speedo.

Dork shorts with mesh liners were awful when you hit the water trough at the bottom.
Old 11-19-2023, 11:38 PM
Speedo Member

I don't see many other males wearing briefs at Australian waterparks nowadays but they remain a perfectly acceptable swimwear choice.
When I visit the waterpark I follow these rules of my own.
1. Go outside school holidays late in the season. Apart from a shorter queue this period seems to have a more adult vibe.
2.Wear "dad" briefs. Its best to leave the skimpy stuff at home and limit yourself to the racer brief cut of about 5cm (2 inch) sides and a full back.
3. Move between slides regularly. I'm really only there for the body slides but I still move between them and the raft rides as most other patrons do.
4. Be friendly. I always smile and make eye contact with the ride attendants.
5. Don't stay too long. Most adult visitors only spend a couple of hours there and I just do the same.
Occasionally other guests have commented on my briefs and I always tell them its because you slide better in them.
Hope these tips give some other guys the courage to wear briefs at the waterpark.

Last edited by Fairfax : 11-19-2023 at 11:49 PM.
Old 11-20-2023, 08:14 AM

There is nothing indecent or inappropriate in your choice of swimwear. Unless federal or local law, or water park policy prohibit them there is no reason why you can't wear them and why staff or members of the public should be able to complain about you.
Go to the water parks when you want to, don't feel limited to school term times, children used to swim in speedos and it did them no harm. They don't need protection from men in speedos. You may have concerns that children or their parents may be abusive towards you, but once you have paid for entry you have the right to use the facilities without unreasonable abuse.
Your ticket to the water park gives you unlimited use of the facilities until it time expires, the session ends or the water park closes for the night. So long as you stay within the terms and conditions of your ticket water park staff and members of the public have no authority over you. Leaving before staff begin to notice you is an unreasonable restriction on the terms and conditions of your ticket. leave when you want to within these terms and conditions.
In Nazi Germany Jews were made to wear a star of David and gay men to wear a pink triangle, they were then portrayed as monsters, arrested and murdered. Today being Jewish, gay or simply being a single man wearing speedos does not make you a monster and a threat to children.
If you feel grumpy at a water park be grumpy, stop smiling!