Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2017, 08:53 AM

Football (soccer) is popular in hot countries, though. I remember Cameroon wearing sleeveless shirts in the African Nations Cup finals, but soon after FIFA banned that type of shirt. Even to the extent that women footballers can't wear them.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:54 PM
Speedo Member

Default Trending positive

Was at the gym tonight and the JV swim team was getting ready for the pool. First time I ever saw anyone wearing speedos without it being under a pair of jammers. Three guys in speedos only and the rest were in jammers. It is a start! Let's hope for a trend, and maybe next summer some at the beach.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISpeedo
Was at the gym tonight and the JV swim team was getting ready for the pool. First time I ever saw anyone wearing speedos without it being under a pair of jammers. Three guys in speedos only and the rest were in jammers. It is a start! Let's hope for a trend, and maybe next summer some at the beach.

I don't understand the idea of wearing a speedo under jammers or boardies. Taken it's illogical extreme, it's like saying you went swimming naked under your suits.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:08 PM

Classic racing speedos have a smooth front, they give support while smoothing down a bulge to an acceptable level. Many jammers are worn tight and have a front pouch that forms a noticeable bulge. Combining speedos with jammers seems to work.
Swimmers wearing loose shorts have a similar problem that once wet the loose fabric moulds rather obviously around their bulge, by wearing speedos under their loose shorts once again smooth's over the bulge.
Some of those wearing Lycra jammers or loose shorts over their speedos are waiting for someone they find attractive, wearing speedos who will lead them into removing their shorts and becoming speedo wearers.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:31 PM
Speedo Member

Torchwatch
Excellent summary and I agree with the reasons you gave, but I think many guys wear then over their speedos because they are too embarrassed to wear briefs. Sad, as we all know what a guy has under his brief and if the swim brief is in good taste and not see thru what is the issue? It is like the towel dance you see young guys do in the locker room while changing, it is too funny. Let's hope the younger generation gets a mind change and starts up the speedo market, acceptance, and population once again.

Last edited by MISpeedo : 12-07-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:13 PM

well put, MISpeedo.

I have noticed more and more younger generation men into swim briefs and delighted to show off their assets for themselves/partners/fellow enthusiasts. I am happy to continue the tradition and take back the brief trend
Old 06-26-2018, 02:27 AM

The shorter look is definitely coming back in track & field as evidenced by these recent vidoes.

If short shorts are in becoming vogue for track and field, I wonder why short trunks and speedos aren't coming back in swimming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4x5xOI5YYc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf5BQfTCriw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9-sqfQ1t5U
Old 06-26-2018, 10:39 AM

Default track

I don't think short shorts ever went completely away for running.
I have lived close to two colleges for 30 years and have intermittently seen track and cross country on training runs around the area. Most of the men wore short shorts and were shirtless, with some shorts split to the waist on the side.
Old 06-26-2018, 05:44 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer
Smile Casual wear short shorts

I work in a major retail store and, so far, this spring/summer, I have seen several men wearing much-shorter-than-recently-has-been-socially-acceptable casual shorts. It is nice to see some men exposing their thighs, again!
Old 06-27-2018, 01:34 AM

Default Shorts

We just returned from a week at Disney and Universal. While shorts of all lengths were seen, there were a fair number of shorter ones. My very fashion conscious younger son (mid 20's) actually bought 3 pair of Chubbies for the trip.While not super short like the ones worn in the 70's they were definitely shorter than what you would have seen recently, especially for someone who is 6'5".