Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2016, 05:48 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackk78
Another reaction I've encountered a few times is the suggestion that someone (or more than one person) get a speedo as a joke. They'll see me in my swimsuit. Obviously curious, but embarrassed to say they want to try one themselves, the person suggests that maybe they should wear one as a joke. Inevitably, they end up wearing the brief suit again.

I agree, I think that is a common reaction to mask their curiosity and attraction for wearing a speedo
Old 01-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Speedo Member

More people saw me for the first time in my speedos this past Summer than the two Summers prior. I never once received negative feedback. My wives girl friends were the most positive with a couple insisting I wear them everywhere and not just in my backyard pool. Their boyfriends/husbands initially were unsure how to feel but as I continued to be the topic of conversation and causing the girls to fan themselves the guys became more curious and started asking questions. Anymore I wear speedos just as much for the tease as the comfort.
Old 02-13-2016, 09:12 AM

Went to use the coed hot tub at the gym wearing a speedo. It was empty except for one older woman woman. She was wearing a conservative one piece.

"Are you a swimmer?" she asked after I'd settled in the seat.

"I swim laps," I replied.

"I just ask, since it's not often I see men wearing one of those skimpy little bikinis."

"I wear them all the time these days," I said. I stood up. "Much more comfortable than baggy shorts," I said giving her a look before sitting back down.

"Well I think they look cute on you," she said approvingly.

"Thanks."

We relaxed in silence.

A few minutes later, another woman about the same age joined us in the hot tub. They knew each other and started talking. After a while, the timer for the jets turned off.

"Do you mind getting that?" the first woman asked.

"Not at all," I replied. I got out and turned the jets back on.

As I was getting back into the hot tub she said, "Sorry, I just wanted to give her a look at your cute bikini."

I stopped on the stairs to prolong my exposure. "No worries," I said, settling back into the hot tub.

They left before I did and said goodbye on their way out.
Old 02-15-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackk78
Most times, three things occur:

1. They're surprised to see a man wearing a skimpy swimsuit. They might make a comment, but I've never had anyone say anything negative.
2. It quickly becomes normal.
3. Men start to get curious about wearing one themselves. Women tend to wonder why more men aren't wearing them, often saying this aloud and suggesting their husbands/sons give it a try.

I think that I have encountered all of those in my time.

1a) The only comment that I've gotten directly about my suit was about my square cut the first time I wore non-shorts around my mom, and the only comment was "You got a new suit?"
1b) Another time I got a comment from a friend a few months after I had gone swimming in my square cut with her a few times over the summer. She mentioned how she always thought that it was just the kind of suit that I always wore, so she didn't think anything of it, but admitted that she "warned" another mutual friend before we all went swimming together, just so that the second friend wouldn't get caught off guard by it. To me, that experience just solidified that idea that I should wear a speedo around people the first time I swim with them because then they think that's just what you always wear, and think it's less of a big deal.

2) Every single time I've gone swimming, the speedo might garner some looks and attention for the first 5 minutes, but it's back to normal after that because in the end, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

3) This I've encountered with my fiance. The first time we went swimming together, I wore my square cut and he was very excited and interested about it, admitting that he never knew anyone that wore such a suit. The second day I wore my speedo brief, and since he was so interested, asked me if he could wear my square cut, to which I agreed. When we got back, he even asked to try on my brief, and a few months later, actually bought one for himself. He has only worn it on a cruise last year, but it's a start.