Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2022, 11:42 PM

Default Speedo logo vs Logo Solar Brief

Folks,

Speedo is having a sale.

Does the Logo Solar Brief have a narrower cut than Logo Brief, or the Logo Solar has a more horizon waist in the front, while the Logo is more curved, or they actually are the same cut?

https://us.speedo.com/logo-solar-brief/13246788.html
https://us.speedo.com/logo-brief-spe.../13246767.html

Thanks,
Old 02-19-2022, 11:09 AM

Default Solar

The logo solar is very similar to solar suit. I find it’s bit more of race fit (tighter) than the patterned solar. Both great suits enjoy them both.
Peace
Old 02-19-2022, 01:49 PM

Thank you for the input!
Old 02-19-2022, 02:36 PM

The Speedo Solar Brief has never been available in the UK and Europe, while the American version of the Speedo Brief used to have 3" sides and the UK/European version had 2" sides going back to the days of Nylon suits.

I understood that the Speedo Solar brief had 1" sides and was intended for sunbathing and leisure swimming, while the American Speedo Brief was intended for training and competition.

American Speedo seem to have made a 2" side brief and depending on which colour you choose it may or may not be a Solar. I suspect it is an attempt by Speedo to phase out the word Solar to simply mean brightly coloured.

Speedo have chosen not to serve the needs of the swimmer who prefers briefs for the past 20 years and swimmers have chosen to go elsewhere. They now seem to want to recover their share of this market but can't stretch to marketing swim thongs and 1", 2", and 3" briefs all at the same time and have produced a universal 2" brief as a compromise.
Old 02-20-2022, 11:45 AM

Default Solar

I read somewhere that the speedo solar was cut smaller than a competition brief so that competitive swimmers could wear it for tanning and not worry about the possibility of untanned areas showing when racing. Hence the name, solar
Old 02-20-2022, 01:05 PM

Thumbs up

thank you, Torchwatch and Minimalist!
Old 02-21-2022, 02:28 AM
Speedo Member

Many years ago, the Solar really had 1 inch sides. Came in some fun patterns as well. Then they switched to the 2 inch sides, and offered it only in a bunch of solid colors. These all have the seam up the middle of the front and back.

I find this is the only Speedo suit that doesn't run true to size, I'm normally a 34, but have to wear a 32 in these so they don't flap as I swim. I think that the pouching is for men who don't want to be "compressed" in the front, so they are avoiding complaints of "too small" from customers buy a suit in their (vanity sizes) pants size.

Recently they started making patterned Solar suits, still with 2 inch sides. But they are conventional in design, no seams on the front and back, and with conventional Speedo sizing and fit. (Your waist at the top of the suit is the right size.) However, the two I have (Gold and Wavy Mood in "Bittersweet") are fully lined. While I'm not a fan of fully lined suits (too diaper-like), these aren't bad. They are nylon/Lycra, so they have good stretch.

They are also using this new (seamless) cut for the Solar Logo suits.

The patterns in the printed Solar suits are nice and fun. Speedo USA showing far better taste than they usually do. (Speedo Europe normally makes much more attractive and interesting patterned suits.)
Old 02-23-2022, 01:06 PM

I've found that the speedo logo suits definitely have a narrower butt than your typical Solar suit. Some of the new patterned solar suits without the front seam are a perfect fit. They should have made the Solar without the front seam right from the start.