Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > Story Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2015, 04:38 AM
Speedo Member

Default College sophomore swimmer coaches me.

I grew up in a University town in the midwest. When I was young, I was largely oblivious to University student life...but as I hit 18, and was in the back half of my senior year in high school, thoughts of what college life might be like fascinated me.

I was a swimmer on our high school team. Tall (6'2") lanky, with what I guess they call a 'typical swimmer's build.' Broad shoulders and chest, but with only a 28" waist. Truth is, I was all state in butterfly and breast stroke, and the coach was trying to get me into a more challenging environment, so when I got to college, I'd really have earned that 'free ride' athletic scholarship.

His only solution to challenge me was to get the University swim coach to let me workout with all the college guys. My parents approved, and while I was a bit intimidated, thought it would be incredibly cool to be hanging around older and much better swimmers.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:51 PM
Speedo Member

Showing up for that first practice was hard. I was very intimidated by these larger more developed guys, who already had an easy rapport. I sought out the coach who put his arm on my shoulder and assured me it would be great.
"First let's get you started with a team suit"...."but I'm not on this team", and he said, 'this will have you feeling part of the group and not stand out'. We went into his office, opened a file drawer, and pulled out a big handful of classic nylon speedo briefs. There was always something about the feel of nylon that triggered a 'tingle' in me. All the suits were 30's, 32's, 34's and he found one 28", though it sure looked smaller than that. "Here, this one's yours, go put it on". I went to the locker room, slid the suit on, and decided that as it formed to my body with wear, it would do just fine. It was maroon, with white side stripes, keeping with school colors. I made my way out to the pool, and coach introduced me to the team as this 'superstar kid' who was going to be part of the group. Most of the guys shook my hand, one in particular - Ray - shaggy chlorine bleached blonde hair with a deep tan, told me he'd help me fit in.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:54 AM

Default College Sophomore

raymcc - you've got a good story going. Looking forward to the next post
Old 12-28-2015, 12:52 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

Keep going! Has the makings of a great story!
Old 12-29-2015, 01:26 AM

Cant wait to hear more