Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2015, 11:01 PM

Default response back from Brett..

Well, Brett Walsh was nice enough to write a response back.

He guided me to his videos of him and his teammates swimming.

Here is what he wrote:

"" Hi Joey,

Sorry just saw this e-mail now, I've been in Austin, Texas.
I don't have any videos but my university does.
Go onto http://www.dartfish.tv/ make yourself an account and then search
for the university of alabama, there are a lot of videos on that site!

Keep on doing what you're doing now! the world needs more swimmers!

Roll Tide,
Brett
""
Old 02-17-2015, 01:46 AM

Default updated pic of Brett Walsh

I guess he set some really good records lately...according to the Univ of Alabama facebook page

nice legs!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10974294_785363424863496_425576184595755458_o copy.jpg (52.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 02-17-2015, 01:51 AM

Here is the article on his times..
http://www.rolltide.com/sports/c-swi...021615aaa.html
Old 02-17-2015, 09:03 PM

Thanks for sharing the pix and info about those hot 'Bama swimboys!
Old 02-18-2015, 12:38 AM

Smile A couple of teens in square cuts

I couldn't find the old link to this topic so this might be a little off topic here. The last two days at the Y, there were two young guys, probably about 16 or 17 doing different sprints, free, back, fly, etc. Each was wearing a tight fitting square cut; one of the guys' suit was pretty low cut. They must be on one of the local high school teams - this is school vacation week so they were just getting in some fun time and swimming against each other. It was nice to see them in the square cuts when they didn't need to wear those suits since it wasn't a swim practice. They were comfortable and clearly having fun and seemed to be pretty confident in what they were wearing. It was very nice to see some of the younger set in those suits. As for the older set, I was the only other person wearing a brief, my Turbo Ipanema. No big deal.

D67
Old 02-18-2015, 05:26 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley67
... The last two days at the Y, there were two young guys, probably about 16 or 17 doing different sprints, free, back, fly, etc. Each was wearing a tight fitting square cut; one of the guys' suit was pretty low cut. They must be on one of the local high school teams - this is school vacation week so they were just getting in some fun time and swimming against each other. ...

D67
I wonder if they were practice drag suits? Seems like they are all sqaurecuts.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/mens-drag-suits-c9264/

I don't know much about swimsuits, but from what I have read they wear them during practices to make it more of a challenge to swim, so that they work harder and improve. Then, during competition, they can go even faster without the drag effect.
Old 02-18-2015, 06:17 PM

I think they were drag suits because it looked like one of the guys had a speedo on underneath.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:58 AM

Sound like drag suits,especially if you could see the suit underneath, although Nike has come out with a shorter cut jammer that looks more like a square cut. Back in my swim team days we did wear drag suits. I hated them because I liked wearing my swimsuits. They did make a difference, though in your speed. Ours had tears and pockets in them to really slow you down. They were for a purpose, but some of the guys also liked that they made the revealing nature of their swimsuits less obvious. In fact, a few guys wore them at meets over their swim briefs between sets, slipping them off only for the race.

D67, I am seeing more and more high school age swimmers in briefs over the last few years. I am not going to say jammers are losing steam, but more and more serious swimmers and coaches are going back to briefs, imo. The local teams use the pool I swim at, coming in early in the morning. We often overlap and I would say 80% of the guys are in brief cut suits. All the guys on the AAU team that I help at occasionally are in briefs. They then switch to tech suits for races that have a jammer cut.

STS
Old 02-20-2015, 02:12 AM

The idea of using a drag suit for better conditioning during practice does not have any technical merit.

The water resistance is what actually provides muscle conditioning. Although a drag suit makes you swim slower, it does not add any strength because the opposition to the movement of arms and legs is the same with - or with out the suit.

As for jammers, they are an impediment to leg movement and you're better off wearing a minimal suit.