Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2017, 11:54 PM

Default Speedo partners

I am a gay man in his 30s living in SoCal. I must not be looking properly but I have never met a man I have dated in the past that was supportive of my swim brief/thong/Lycra interests. Truthfully, it wasn’t a dealbreaker but the more I think about it, the more I believe it is the case now. I would love to have a romantic partner/husband interested and supportive of my swim brief/thong/ Lycra.

Question up for discussion: if you are single, is it a dealbreaker if your partner is not supportive of your speedo/thong/Lycra etc. If you are married, does your husband/wife support it? If not, why not and how do you cope?
Old 12-11-2017, 01:01 AM

I too am single and 36 years old. I have dated a few guys in the past that had a slight interest in speedos. They had no problem wearing one or admiring me in my suits in the privacy of closed doors. They would not dare wear one out in public at a pool or beach. They also questioned my suit choice when out in public and so I never wore a speedo with them. I’m to the point now where I do not care anymore what others think. I always wear speedos, thongs, or nude depending on the situation. I think as long as someone I am dating is comfortable being seen with me in public in my suits is all that matters. Just as long as they don’t try to make me wear shorts. Yeah it would be a plus if they shared the same interest in speedos and joined me in wearing them. It’s not a deal breaker if they don’t. Just as long as they are accepting my speedos.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:44 AM

@MeSooQuiet sorry you dealt with previous partners who didn’t understand. It’s one thing to feel uncomfortable about being the sole person by the pool/beach in a speedo/thong, but without the support of one’s partner isn’t great. Hope you find someone understanding, supportive and can even partake with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSooQuiet
I too am single and 36 years old. I have dated a few guys in the past that had a slight interest in speedos. They had no problem wearing one or admiring me in my suits in the privacy of closed doors. They would not dare wear one out in public at a pool or beach. They also questioned my suit choice when out in public and so I never wore a speedo with them. I’m to the point now where I do not care anymore what others think. I always wear speedos, thongs, or nude depending on the situation. I think as long as someone I am dating is comfortable being seen with me in public in my suits is all that matters. Just as long as they don’t try to make me wear shorts. Yeah it would be a plus if they shared the same interest in speedos and joined me in wearing them. It’s not a deal breaker if they don’t. Just as long as they are accepting my speedos.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:55 PM

Interesting situation. I am not gay and every woman I have had a relationship with regardless of depth has never commented in a negative way about my Speedo suit choice, and some suits have been rather skimpy. In fact, they liked the feel of the lycra and I think it turned us both on.

My thought was that the gay community was more Speedo focused than the straight community. I would like to hear more of this situation from you
Old 12-11-2017, 10:45 PM

I'm currently single, and my previous boyfriends never accompanied me to the beach. I did have one similar incident with someone I used to date, and has become a platonic friend since. A number of years ago, he expressed an interest in going to the lake with me. I knew that he had a bit of a prudish streak, so I warned him ahead of time that I normally wear thong swimwear. Had he objected at the time, I would have taken a speedo instead, but he said he was OK with that, so I took the thong. He must have thought I was joking, because when I removed my shorts and laid out in the thong, his response could only be called utter revulsion. During the whole time we were there, he neither looked at me nor spoke to me. After about an hour, he said he was ready to go home. On the drive back, I told him that if he had said something, I would have worn a speedo. Let's just say that his enthusiasm for that idea was not much greater than for the thong.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:31 AM

Lap swimmer, thanks for your reply.

Some gay men are into it and some aren’t. From just my own experience with gay men and swim briefs/thongs/Lycra, those who were opposed to it felt it was too “out there” (to paraphrase someone’s explanation), since being gay was already a target in their opinion, why exacerbate. Ignorance alone, I felt pity and somewhat demoralized in that I came out of the closet to express myself so why hide more of my fetish/interest?

I too might be ignorant
Old 12-12-2017, 12:34 AM

NE OH Thonger, thanks for sharing your story.

At least, a friendship came out of the incident. Do you go to the lake with him still? You did give him a heads up, but I guess it went tits up.

I’ve gone to the (nude) beach in my thong before and no one seemed to mind. I should be more brave and wear it to more public areas within reason. I love a thong tan line.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:24 PM

He didn't go to the beach with me again for a long time. When we did go again, I wore a brief suit. While he was still of the opinion that I was too scantily dressed, he wasn't as upset as when I wore the thong. We got to the point where he comes along to the lake about once a year. He even let go his objection to me wearing a thong last year. He still doesn't like it, but he came to realize that I do and he could handle it for a couple hours
Old 12-12-2017, 03:43 PM

Well, should I ever be in OH, I would join you in some thong fun by the lake �� My friends and neighbors have gotten used to it but then again it’s CA so it might not be all that out there.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:25 PM

[quote=speedomeup]

From just my own experience with gay men and swim briefs/thongs/Lycra, those who were opposed to it felt it was too “out there” (to paraphrase someone’s explanation), since being gay was already a target in their opinion, why exacerbate.

Well, if that is the concern your negative buds have, then I might assume people look at me in my tight brief and think I am gay. Ha Ha! It is probably too complex an issue that we can never resolve. I like my Neptune Scepter briefs and they are not only tight, but low cut as well. They leave very little to the imagination.

I say to you like others here, wear what makes you feel good and enjoy the water experience. Don't let 3 ounces of Lycra spoil your fun or fetish.