Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 10:00 PM

Default Honest Opinions

I'm 48 years old and I don't want to become one of those guys who thinks he looks good in a speedo, but he's actually creeping everyone out, LOL.

I've been on and off this board many times over the years. It's been quite a while since I visited last or posted. So I don't know who the current regulars are. I think I recognize Byron.

I've been hitting the weights very hard this year, trying to build up that muscular body I've always wanted. I've managed to put on 20 pounds in the past 7 months. I know some of it is fat and I start working on losing that next week....cutting back on calories and doing cardio. I'll keep up the weights so I can hold on to as much muscle as I can.

We have a Caribbean cruise coming up in a few months. Living in suburbia and working out at home, I rarely have a chance to wear a speedo. That's why I usually workout in one. Vacation is the one time I get to let a little bit of the exhibitionist in me out in public, LOL.

I'd like some honest opinions. Keep in mind I want to trim at least a couple inches off my waist...

If anyone has any suggestions or advice on cutting or losing fat when you're over 40, I can use all the help I can get.
I was always skinny growing up, so losing fat is new to me.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:53 PM

Eat 6/7 meals a day, but "small portion" each time.

Cut salt, sugar, oil, calories. Reduce starchy food/pastry/spaghetti or simple carbohydrate.

Choose food with more protein, whole food, complex carbohydrate, LOW G.I. food.

Drink more water.

Fish/lean chicken salad with low fat/salt dressing. Lean steak. Sushi. Some beans. Nuts/fruits for snacking.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:55 PM

You are going to gain it back on the cruise
Old 08-06-2013, 10:58 PM

Put more time weight training on chest, legs, back compound exercises.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:04 PM

Day1 chest
Day2 aerobic
Day3 legs
Day4 shoulder
Day5 back
Day6 aerobic
Day7 rest

Spend 20 minutes train your abs once every 2 to 3 days.
You may spend one day per week train your biceps/triceps.
Each session one and a half hour, try heavier weights.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:08 AM

What is your current height & weight

THree words "stationary rowing machine"
Old 08-07-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbie
What is your current height & weight?

I am 6 feet tall, currently weigh 190 pounds.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJHunkguy
try heavier weights.

Trust me, I've been lifting super heavy for the past seven months. 200 lb lat pulldowns, 50 lb dumbbell curls, etc. The twenty pounds I've put on this year is mostly muscle.... 3 inches on chest, 2 inches on arms, 2 inches on legs.

I'd love to start running, but not sure my knees are up for it. I already walk the dogs for 30 minutes every day and will probably use my elliptical runner in addition to that.

I'm currently doing a four day split workout, about 90 minutes four days per week. I'd like to build a little more but have been happy with my progress so far. I need to lose some fat and plan to concentrate on that while maintaining my current workout.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:51 AM

Default workout

Hi - yes, over a year by the look of it.
You can wear a speedo well at 48 but I would suggest more frequent abs. exercises than NJH suggests - plus a widenining of delts if possible will put the waistline in a little better proportion.
To complete the exhibitionist in you , at the top keep hair short, no sideburns, and definitely strange tash has to go. Good luck
Old 08-07-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron
Hi - yes, over a year by the look of it.
You can wear a speedo well at 48 but I would suggest more frequent abs. exercises than NJH suggests - plus a widenining of delts if possible will put the waistline in a little better proportion.
To complete the exhibitionist in you , at the top keep hair short, no sideburns, and definitely strange tash has to go. Good luck

I've added 3 inches to my shoulders so far. I work abs prior to every workout and plan to continue. I always keep my hair short and I'm not attached to my sideburns, so to speak. Right now they're only half way down my ear, so they're not long. I could certainly get rid of them.

The mustache, however.... I get compliments on my mustache. I could shorten the 'stache, but with the exception of U.S.A.F. basic training, I've had it (in various forms) since I was about 20. I am definitely not going clean-shaven. Too few guys have facial hair these days.