Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 06:55 PM

Default This guy's Speedo pic made it into school yearbook!

A sweet story about a boy and his Speedo

http://www.angelfire.com/blues/dnfire/swimmer.htm
Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 PM

Default questions

Well, interesting reminiscences but Louis sounds a bit frustrated and understandably so as he did after all start this thread as when? why? how? and when?
Old 02-15-2012, 07:16 PM

Default correction for above

Last one where ?
Old 02-15-2012, 11:26 PM

Good point, Byron. Sorry louis...

Not sure when I really got turned on by Speedo type suits. I swam since a kid, on Y team, school team, club team, AAU and then college. I spent more of my teen years in a speedo than any other piece of clothing, I think, given all the practices. I think about 14 or so I discovered my swim suits made me excited in a way different from swimming, especially when I got to see all the hot guys in theirs. They also seemed to make the girls interested, too. I have written some stories based on my swim team life.

To this day, I wear only Speedo type suits, and they still have the same effect.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:07 AM

Default stories

Yes, and well written as I recall - must have been much enjoyed by those avid readers who demanded the next chapter......
Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM

Default Early start with Speedos

My interest in speedo style suits goes back to entering puberty. I think early on I found them attractive on other guys and being a bit of an exhibitionist, sexy to wear myself. Around that time I got a hand-me-down speedo that belonged to my father (gold satin-like material with a palm tree on one side!) and I loved it. Shortly thereafter we vacationed in Florida and when my mother took me to buy a new suit, I picked out a speedo style. After that, no looking back. I've never worn anything else. My intro to the style certainly had sexual overtones but I soon discovered how comfortable and practical they were too.

A note on basketball shorts. I too miss the old style shorts but I doubt they will be back. On a professional level basketball is a much more physical game than it used to be. You see players wearing long compression shorts that stick out under their already long uniform shorts, and elbow, wrist, and knee braces that cover most of their arms and legs. Old uniforms were designed for freedom of movement. Now players are dressed for combat. Maybe football style pads are next. Styles trickle down so I don't expect college and school uniforms to look any different than the pros.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:13 AM

Default Big guys

Boston: You are correct; Many sports are no longer ones of grace but of a kind of bruit force. Individual sports lake diving, swimming, skating etc. have been the holdouts therefore allowing briefer attire.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:46 AM

Default speedo fetish ...and all that jaz

Thats ok SwimTeam Speeo, but you are not going to get away with it (LOL)
To compensate you must send Mike (our moderator) a new or used speedo to offer on the board.
I already sent him two myself. lol just kidding,but yes the more speedos he gets the more will be offered on this board.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Speedo Member

Default Fetishes (& basketball shorts)

I started my interest in them when my college roommate wore speedos for swimming (white ones -- I posted a story about it here) at the pool, and Jockey Elance bikinis for underwear. He looked great in them, and when I bought them I realized how comfortable they were.

How did they become fetishistic? That's a good question. Certainly there's a moral side to it. Someone who collects, say, political campaign buttons and wears them isn't considered to have a fetish any more than a guy who wears nothing but jeans and t-shirts having drawers full of jeans and t-shirts.

Those are both perfectly acceptable, and even though they display some part of the wearer's personality -- I like politics! or, I want to fit in! -- they're accepted as part of our "normal" culture.

Speedos, bikinis, and other tight-fitting swimwear are seen by most people as outside the norm. When worn by guys, that is -- women and girls who wear the tiniest triangle tops with a g-string are seen as strong, confident women. But that's another topic. When we guys wear our skimpy swimwear people wonder why we don't just fit in with the crowd, and since we don't, there must be something odd about us.

Add to that America's prudish obsession with sex and you come up with guy + speedo = deviant. (It's a double-standard, since woman + two-piece bikini = the popular girl.) So we have to enjoy our interest underground, on web sites and winking to one another at pools and on beaches.

Is that part of the fun? Not for me. I'd rather everyone wore them (well, as long as they're reasonably h/w/p). But others may take additional pleasure in speedos' borderline acceptance -- and that's totally cool. Maybe we become so connected to them because we have to band together to promote them lest they become totally impermissible.

--> On that basketball shorts note -- the "skirt" comment is spot-on. I remember seeing a similar comparison on a fashion blog, where street fashion (as opposed to runways) is the subject of the photos.

The blogger had a shot of a young black kid (late teens) on a NYC basketball court. He was posing for the camera in his long white t-shirt, shorts that were both super-long (to his calves) and billowy, and tall black athletic sox that must have gone nearly to his knees. Next to this photo was a photo of a 20-something white girl, slim, wearing a long, billowy skirt (to her calves) and black stockings. The blogger made the point that both looks were so similar that it was impossible to say anything but the male athlete's look was a direct descendant of the women's 50s-style skirt & stocking look.

It's so odd to me that these basketball athletes -- certainly at the college and pro level -- who claim to need every last advantage to perform at 110% will wear clothes so bulky and loose that they've got to be slowed down by them. If bulky clothes made your fast break faster, why don't track runners wear them? The answer: Fashion, and all its cultural baggage.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:14 AM

Default Good summary

Fashion = manufacturers who want you to keep spending on their trendy clothing at exorbitant prices and with frequent design changes the product is tweaked here and there so that the trend afficionadoes are out there buying more because what they have is no longer perceived as cool.

The true and simple needs in sports clothing are therefore just forgotten in this marketing strategy.

The little speedo offers scant opportunity to raise sales figures in this way but the more the fabric the more space available to experiment with art, color and logo presentation.

(It is done a little differently in Formula 1 as someone somewhere must sit up all night sewing multiple sponsors' badges on to drivers' racing suits).