Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2013, 12:19 PM

Default If anyone "discovers" your suits, you now have the perfect "excuse"

You may think you need some sort of "explanation" as to why you have a few pairs of brief-style suits. Just indicate that you are interested in swimming, and have discovered that long-legged board shorts do not work very well because they cause drag, making swimming more difficult, and get water- logged coming out of the water and don't dry quickly. The brief suits in the water just work a whole lot better, and are the garment of choice for guys who are, or aspire to be "real" swimmers.

Do you normally wear brief-style underwear under your regular clothing? These are often less modest than a brief swimsuit would be. Further, the suit usually provides better support for male body parts than garments that are called underwear, especially when engaging in physical activity and exercise of any sort. Proper support for exercise requires a garment that fits pretty snug. The other option is to wear an athletic supporter (jock strap) as an undergarment for these activities, but that is far less modest than the swim brief as you entire butt is bare, except for the leg straps.

Its really not a good idea to engage in exercise or other physical activity in just loose-fitting shorts without some support underneath such as a swim brief or strap. Doing this without support and your private parts can easily get injured. A lot of the swim briefs provide very good support for a variety of different activities. Active sports where there is danger that you are going to get hit in the groin area require wearing a hard cup inside the strap or brief, but that is a topic for another day.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:58 PM

Maybe you are afraid that people will think you look gross in a speedo. Maybe there is some foundation to that fear. We don't know and we aren't supposed to judge, we have to leave that up to your own feelings of self confidence.
If in fact you are a swimmer then you certainly don't need any excuse to wear the proper uniform.
Otherwise you should wear whatever you want as long as it is legal. If anyone has a problem with it, it should be theirs, not yours. If anyone asks why, tell them why. You like it. When you're at a public beach, be prepared to see it all, be whatever part of "all" you feel like.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 PM

Default support

Agree with Sebbie - I remember jumping about in badminton (the days when I might have had some athletic ability) and felt far more comfortable with a speedo substituting for a jock.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis
Sorry thisweirdthing, what i meant is how do you conceal from your parents the speedos you buy, you say in your bed room, but are you not afraid your folks will discouver the speedos. Unless they are locked up.
Congratulations on your english, I live in the province of Quebec in Canada witch is a francophone province so the main language being french , anyway living in south America your english is excellent better then mine.

Hé mon gars, comment va? Tu sais que je peut ecrire un peu en francais, car j'aime ce langue. Il y a relation entre la langue francaise et l'espagnol.
T'inquiète pas. Je ne suis pa un expert en anglais.
well, yes, I keep them in a bag in have in my bedroom. it is closed with a lock. I only have the key, so it's much uneasy somebody dicovers this collection. each week, at least once, I bring them out so they have some fresh air LOL
Old 12-11-2013, 06:32 AM

Is there a local gym with a pool? That is a good place to start "getting out there".
Old 12-11-2013, 08:42 AM

Default starting collection-to thisweird.......

Wow your french is very good for a spanish speaking person from South America, never the less permit me to correct a few things.
cette langue not ce
je ne suis pas not pa.
Now just to keep this post on thread, sure do give your speedos fresh air but there also made to get wet so do just that wear them proudly buddy.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbie
You may think you need some sort of "explanation" as to why you have a few pairs of brief-style suits. Just indicate that you are interested in swimming, and have discovered that long-legged board shorts do not work very well because they cause drag, making swimming more difficult, and get water- logged coming out of the water and don't dry quickly. The brief suits in the water just work a whole lot better, and are the garment of choice for guys who are, or aspire to be "real" swimmers.

Do you normally wear brief-style underwear under your regular clothing? These are often less modest than a brief swimsuit would be. Further, the suit usually provides better support for male body parts than garments that are called underwear, especially when engaging in physical activity and exercise of any sort. Proper support for exercise requires a garment that fits pretty snug. The other option is to wear an athletic supporter (jock strap) as an undergarment for these activities, but that is far less modest than the swim brief as you entire butt is bare, except for the leg straps.

Its really not a good idea to engage in exercise or other physical activity in just loose-fitting shorts without some support underneath such as a swim brief or strap. Doing this without support and your private parts can easily get injured. A lot of the swim briefs provide very good support for a variety of different activities. Active sports where there is danger that you are going to get hit in the groin area require wearing a hard cup inside the strap or brief, but that is a topic for another day.

The "swimmer explanation" is indeed the only one accurate explanation why I have speedos. Well, I don't wear board shorts without proper support. I don't like some board shorts because your private parts don't have anywhere to "rest". Yes, I have to admit that I wear briefs as underwear. I used to wear long boxer shorts in high school and university, although they looked ugly and stupid. but THAT'S WHAT ALMOST ALL YOUNG MEN WEAR NOWADAYS, because the think they will look like kids if they wore briefs. I wore them for a long time because of that, I didn't wanted to wear child undies. but that's all crappy teenager things. I wear only briefs now. and they're sometimes made with cool designs!
Old 12-12-2013, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Free
Maybe you are afraid that people will think you look gross in a speedo. Maybe there is some foundation to that fear. We don't know and we aren't supposed to judge, we have to leave that up to your own feelings of self confidence.
If in fact you are a swimmer then you certainly don't need any excuse to wear the proper uniform.
Otherwise you should wear whatever you want as long as it is legal. If anyone has a problem with it, it should be theirs, not yours. If anyone asks why, tell them why. You like it. When you're at a public beach, be prepared to see it all, be whatever part of "all" you feel like.

wow, you read my mind. Sometimes I really hate that many people judge everything.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knikon
Is there a local gym with a pool? That is a good place to start "getting out there".

yes, there is and i'm looking forward to join this summer (well, it's almost summer here in southern hemisphere)!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louis
Wow your french is very good for a spanish speaking person from South America, never the less permit me to correct a few things.
cette langue not ce
je ne suis pas not pa.
Now just to keep this post on thread, sure do give your speedos fresh air but there also made to get wet so do just that wear them proudly buddy.

thanks so much for the corrections. I hope I will wear them soon, too.