Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2013, 02:09 PM

Default aussiebum 1.5" classic

I´ve ordered my new Aussiebum 1.5" classic. It fits great but there is one thing I didn't notice , or well, I wouldn´t ever know since I got it. it's a little bit transparent swimsuit. in the crotch side it is more covered , but in the sides and the buttocks I think its too transparent. the question is: will it look too revealing when wet?
Old 12-08-2013, 03:37 PM

Default the link

http://www.aussiebum.com/swimwear/2187/azure
Old 12-08-2013, 05:15 PM

Aussiebum light and ice blues are famous for their transparency. The only thing to do is to wear it in the shower and pose in front of the mirror, you may have to restrict this swim suit to lonely beaches and the bedroom.
Old 12-08-2013, 05:30 PM

Default new ABs

A question to Aussie Bum might be appropriate. You appear to have purchased Azure within a "brand new range of colors" and if a brand new "Azure" has appeared what's the difference from the previous "Royal Blue" ? (comparing the zoom-ins on the AB website the blue color on one is the same as the shade of blue on the other - so what's "brand new" about it?)
Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Speedo Member

Under the description, its showing a 4 out of 10 for sheer rating, so it will be transparent alittle bit when its wet. Like that said, jump in the shower and look in a mirror or take a picture of yourself.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:06 AM

Default well..

I'm really a bit sad having bought this item without knowing that it was not suitable to wear even at a speedo friendly beach. but two thinks make me still happy:

1. Now I own a original AB suit, being so difficult and expensive to get in my country (Peru).
2. I still like the colour and the way it looks.
3. One more for my collection, I have only this and a water polo suit, but more to come this next year. I bought on ebay a japanese arena swuimsuit, very low rise, and I'm very excited about it.

maybe some of you'd think I'm still in the "beginner level". yes I do, but I'm happy beginning with this nice collection and getting advice from you all: so thank you guys!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:29 AM

A 4 out of 10 for sheer rating, isn't that bad in transparency. Even if the sides and the buttocks being more transparent.

In my view and believe of a country like Peru, I thought that level of partly transparency would be acceptable in public beaches. Not conservative like much of the U.S.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:49 AM

well, I read in many posts about travel and speedos, that many people think that all south ameirca is open minded like brazil. but not all south america is Brazil. Peru is not speedo friendly, not even sunga-friendly like Rio de Janeiro. Indeed Peru is still very conservative. younger people are more open minded nowadays, but speedos are only ok in swim lessons here. if u wear it at the beach is because you are not peruvian, maybe brazilian or european, or your are gay (the most usual choice) or because you are an exhibitionist. of course there are brave people that don't care and wear speedos, but here is very very unusual. I was once in Colombia, and believe me, is a speedo paradise compared to Peru.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:44 PM

Default S. America

You're right - to people like me the continent only means Copacabana or Ipanema.
Where's the highest city in the world and was it in Peru that the wreckage
of a British airliner which crashed in 1947 was revealed in recent years?
(the movement and melting of an Andes glacier at last showed up what had disappeared without trace despite many searches at the time - and ironically the incident contributed to modern aircraft navigation safety as much was subsequently researched about the JetStream at high altitude)
Old 12-10-2013, 02:35 AM

in peru there were many aircraft accidents. thanks heaven not in recent years! but your post made me investigate about this 1947 crash you're writing, but excuse my ignorance, I don't even know about this story. but I will ask my family if they know something. there was an aircraft crash in the sea in front of Lima (the capital city) that was the worst accident in the hisotry of peruvian aviation. this crash made change a lot in the airplanes all over the world as the aviation systems had improved a lot since. sadly but true. and the cause was because a stupid aircraft engineer left a metallic tape near the radar when doing the check just before the airplane departed. of course every one involved directly or indirectly are now in jail, because of their negligence. well, I was only 7 or 8 years old when it happened, but this story stills scrares me a lot. but as I told before, in the late 90s and in the 2000s there were minor incidents but not fatal, compared to other countries.