Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2023, 12:31 PM

Default The Dangers of Checking out Swim Briefs Online

I was interested in taking a look at exactly what swimoutlet.com was offering in men's swim briefs under the inexpensive "Sporti" brand, so I went to their Web site and started searching and looking at the various colors and designs. Turns out that there are a lot of them, and I had fun looking through them all.

Except, of course, a huge number of non swimwear Web sites that are funded with ads use Google's scheme of placing ads based on the users past Web site searches particularly searches for anything that would be a potential online purchase like swimwear.

Nowadays, whenever I go to an ad supported Web site, even my aol mail service, I almost invariably get an ad alongside featuring a guy in a Sporti swim brief! And as you can imagine the picture often shows a guy in a bright red Euro brief or some other equally skimpy Sporti brief.

I am glad I live alone and have no one here who might notice that even when I pull up my email, the list is "decorated" by an athletic guy in a very skimpy swim brief.

Be assured that I am not complaining about this, however :-)

And, many of the Sporti designs are very good looking.
Old 07-14-2023, 01:57 PM

Default Use an Ad Blocker

I use Ublock Origin to keep out all those ads. It has a red shield that shows how many ads are blocked on the site you are at, sometimes the number is very high. Link to site for the program
https://ublockorigin.com/
Old 07-15-2023, 07:14 AM

Try searching for something boring like Landrover Underseal Spray now and then to balance out your interests and confuse the AI.
Old 07-15-2023, 12:12 PM

Default Guys, I am not complaining

These ads are far more interesting than the ones for women's clothing I have been getting, despite not shopping for women's clothing. Plus, I am getting to see the wide range of colors and cuts in Sporti briefs, an inexpensive way for guys who like to wear them in private as well.
Old 07-15-2023, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbie
These ads are far more interesting than the ones for women's clothing I have been getting, despite not shopping for women's clothing. Plus, I am getting to see the wide range of colors and cuts in Sporti briefs, an inexpensive way for guys who like to wear them in private as well.

I am on Facebook, and used to get ads from women's whorehouses on my FB news page. I had to put "prefer men" in my FB bio, to stop that.
Old 07-15-2023, 05:04 PM

BikenSwim; you have just given Facebook personal information, bad move!

It appears that Facebook members are being hacked, inappropriate comments are being planted on their accounts which cause the Facebook system to expel them from Facebook without explanation or appeal.
The Facebook system is unable to accept that it is being hacked and that fake entries are being made so account holders are being held responsible for fake entries on their accounts.
It is a Catch 22 situation, the hackers are laughing because Facebook members are being expelled at their instigation while Facebook is unable to accept it's being hacked.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 07-15-2023 at 05:14 PM.
Old 07-16-2023, 10:38 AM

I have received unsolicited ads for gay dating sites after purchasing brief swimwear on line.
Old 07-17-2023, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
BikenSwim; you have just given Facebook personal information, bad move!

It appears that Facebook members are being hacked, inappropriate comments are being planted on their accounts which cause the Facebook system to expel them from Facebook without explanation or appeal.
The Facebook system is unable to accept that it is being hacked and that fake entries are being made so account holders are being held responsible for fake entries on their accounts.
It is a Catch 22 situation, the hackers are laughing because Facebook members are being expelled at their instigation while Facebook is unable to accept it's being hacked.

Another great program I run every few weeks is the Free version of CCleaner which removes the thousands of tracking cookies and cleans the Registry. Now with CCleaner and Ublock Origin, I am able to remove my personal info on Facebook and not see many ads. This makes sites think you are using a new Windows computer, I have to log in again. https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download
Old 07-23-2023, 02:25 AM

The Sporti brief swimsuits (especially the Euro brief style) are very comfortable and nice-looking suits, available in nice colors. And the Euro suits are quite brief, which I like, and very affordable. The only bad thing is the colors tend to fade rather quickly after maybe 15-20 swims. I sent Swimoutlet an email about a week ago asking if they could make the suits more colorfast, and raise the price a bit if necessary. They never responded.
Old 08-15-2023, 05:26 AM
Speedo Member

I wear black Sporti
Euro briefs all the time