Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2014, 07:29 PM

Smile spoof

OK
(the trouble with being taken in by this stuff is that it is clearly OTT but one only has to listen to the born-again guys to realise just how OTT they can be
in their condemnations of sinful behaviour)

(good to note the Expedia beach survey material which, if true, shows a surprising but pleasing
74% speedo approval)
Old 07-29-2014, 12:08 AM

Default letting the side down

Re. post#107, do I see perhaps just one speedo in action here in the hot weather?
http://www.theguardian.com/world/pic...brockwell-lido
Old 08-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Speedo Member

Default a note to "so called Fashion Guru's"

Swim briefs aka "Speedos" stigmatised by main stream media by so called fashion idiots who actually don't have a clue, whats the bet that they never really get out and are the weirdo types that sit behind a screen most of their day sitting away at a desk, not to mention the tons of "freebies" they get from branded clothing companies made in low labour rate sweat shops.

The same can be said for research diet pills "Pioneered by scientist and endorsed by doctors" how do you pioneer something that cannot be proven and a doctor that endorses something, how does he/she have that ability to know that it will work for everyone, so, so called "Fashion guru's" where do you get off saying that the instyle is now and that a certain style is like so last week, what gives them the right and what gives them the authority to decide this.

I know I never gave them that right, but sadly the majority get off by buying fashion styles as its a sense of spending money for a new look, how sad.
And no I don't look like a scumbag as I do have a sense of dress code.
For example a nice white T shirt and a pair of jeans still looks awesome, buy hey you're not in if thats how you dress according to these know it all fashion guru's

The same goes for mass hysteria around movie/music stars, I'm still baffled how people go on about this or that in the entertainment industry, who gives a ****

Now I know a few will be annoyed by this but its the same for owning a Harley Davidson, when you buy one you buy a life style otherwise you're not in with the rest.

Why buy a life style, what's the point.. we all have our own individual right to self determination so use that to your own ability and stop chasing what's the now, lifes to short.

Fashion guru's, go get a real job
Old 08-03-2014, 11:19 AM

I can't understand men having a problem swimming in them, as being immersed in water you're not particularly noticeable, which takes care of the modesty issue.
Old 08-03-2014, 02:47 PM

I think it depends on how you define "swimming."
As far as I can tell, guys whp are in the pool doing laps as their daily fitness workout are perfectly comfortable being seen doing that in briefs.
Body builders hanging out at the beach wearing briefs aren't swimming, they are posing. They are comfortable, too, I assume.
To me, it boils down to being proud of my swimmer's physique and not being ashamed to share it with anyone who appreciates seeing it. Like the bodybuilder, I worked hard for it and like to show it, so in that sense I'm a poser, too.
If I thought I was disgusting or offending people I'd wonder why. Are they jealous? Intimidated? Repressed?
Old 08-03-2014, 03:05 PM

Smile

This debate is endless and will never come to a conclusion that everyone agrees with. I have only recently become a serious swimmer (2 months) and have changed the type of briefs I wear - the ones that are tighter, sturdier, low cut and hold my equipment in place. But I've been wearing speedos forever because I like how they feel and fit. I was not a poser and I'm sure there are lots of other speedo wearers who fall into the category that I was in. Speedos, when worn respectfully and in good taste (no thongs or sheer briefs) when around families and children are for anyone who wants to wear them. People shouldn't get hung up on what others think. Just be yourself and be comfortable in what you wear.

D67
Old 08-03-2014, 03:19 PM

Default fashion.....

I saw a newspaper pic of a female airhead recently captioned as "xxxxxxxx - best known in social circles as a celebrity for being a celebrity"
- that just about sums it up I think.

(she was falling out of a nightclub in the early hours at the time - as is the fashionable way to be seen )
Old 08-03-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byron
Re. post#107, do I see perhaps just one speedo in action here in the hot weather?
http://www.theguardian.com/world/pic...brockwell-lido

Looks like one of them is wearing a frogman suit!
Old 08-03-2014, 03:48 PM

Talking I wondered too...

... water temperature not up enough for some perhaps despite the description of a "cooling dip" (have to be careful in observing such a distance shot however - full body suits are available to be modest for Moslem girls wishing to swim)

Last edited by Byron : 08-03-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:40 PM

I agree with Dooley67. If you're comfortable in what you wear and it's tastefully worn it should be alright.