Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2018, 08:31 PM

Default Minimal suits

There seem to be a lot of briefer than speedo swimsuits (string side and/or partial or no back covering) for sale on line, but I almost never see a man wearing one in a public setting.
Has anyone else noticed this and wonder who is buying them and what they do with them after they buy them?
Old 01-26-2018, 01:59 AM

I think many of the string sides / partial cover swimsuits would be wearing at private resorts, beaches at vacation spots.
As well as some less family oriented pools and locations.
And sometimes could be wore at Pride parades or dance clubs.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:25 AM
Speedo Member

I have a few skimpy swim bikinis. I usually include them when I'm online looking at other bikinis, and the skimpy ones look too cute not to add to my order. Then I usually try them from time to time, and occasionally wear them when I'm alone at home, or maybe with the wife. Most are very inappropriate for serious swimming because of how revealing they are and the lack of support and function. But they are fun in the right situation!
Old 01-26-2018, 10:52 AM

It is all about location. I am a committed thong wearer (as the user name suggests), but not all venues are the same. I live close to Ohio's border with Pennsylvania. On Ohio state park beaches, thongs are legal, if rarely worn. Under Pennsylvania law, any swimsuit with less than full rear coverage is illegal to wear on a public beach. If I went thonging there, I would be fined. Most suits smaller than a brief are not going to work in a public pool setting, not just for coverage, but because they lack a drawstring to keep everything in place.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:23 PM
Speedo Member

Wow thanks nethonger! I never would've thought about legality of a swim suit. Are those rules just for men? I still have a speedo thong from 15 years ago, would that be allowed? I can't recall if it has a drawstring, but I know that it does not draw attention to my package.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:35 PM
Speedo Member

The laws need to be gender neutral to withstand scrutiny in the US. So if a thong is illegal on a man, it will be illegal on a woman. Enforcement can be biased though...typically these laws are only enforced if someone complains.

Check state laws and municipal laws regarding indecent exposure. Most important is to know the area. As an example, it is technically illegal to be nude on california state beaches, but there are some where that law is never enforced.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:15 PM

In Britain we have a law against indecent exposure which applies to the "front bits" and is judged by assumed public opinion, another against behaviour liable to cause a breach of the peace, implying that public nudity would "frighten the horses" and a new recent law banning nudity. Also there is a whole raft of local byelaws varying from place to place.

The total effect of all these laws is confusing, wearing a thong would not be deemed indecent but causing offense by wearing a thong could have you up on a charge.

The act of pulling down ones trousers and underwear and leaning forwards exposing ones bottom to a viewer is called a Moonie in the UK. It used to be done for fun hoping to get a smile from the victim but more recently it has been used as an insult alleging the victim is a pervert wanting the exposed ass. Police have to consider whether a crime has been committed.

Elderly men found wandering around in their underwear are picked up by the police and assumed to have dementia.

So if you want to wear a thong find a quiet place and act in a manner unlikely to upset anyone. If they don't call the police you don't have a problem.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkherder
The laws need to be gender neutral to withstand scrutiny in the US. So if a thong is illegal on a man, it will be illegal on a woman. Enforcement can be biased though...typically these laws are only enforced if someone complains.

Check state laws and municipal laws regarding indecent exposure. Most important is to know the area. As an example, it is technically illegal to be nude on california state beaches, but there are some where that law is never enforced.
Yet in many places in the US, women are required to wear some sort of top where men are not.
NY state is an exception. Women are allowed to be topless on beaches and in parks, but very few do so.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:29 PM
Speedo Member

True, but I don’t think such laws should withstand scrutiny. And those laws are being challenged on the basis of gender equality. E.g.: https://www.theatlantic.com/national...public/279755/
Old 01-26-2018, 08:51 PM

I like the smallest brief without getting to like a string. bikini style almost.

I have a long torso, so regular briefs just cover too much and looks/feels weird I think.