Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2024, 05:07 PM
Speedo Member

Default Back up pairs

Do you take a back up pair , perhaps more conservative , to the pool in case you want to go back on perhaps a more daring first choice ? I occasionally do this but sometimes like to leave myself with no option !
Old 02-04-2024, 06:40 PM

Going to a public pool I will take the swim briefs that I want to wear that day. Colour, design and newness will have influenced my choice, do I wish to show up or blend in on this particular day.
I'll also carry a couple of "old faithful" swim briefs as spares just in case, these are swimsuits that I know I can wear just about anywhere any time.
If I'm in the pool locker room in a state of undress and discover that the waist cord has pull out of one side rather than spending hours trying to re-thread them I'll simply pull on the spare speedos.

In France my car broke down and got towed to a "secret" garage full of broken British cars and camper vans. I was told I was to be taken to a campsite and given 10 minutes to pack. I grabbed tent, sleeping bag, small stove, mess kit, torch, satnav, passport etc but no speedos.
The campsite turned out to be a ***** luxury campsite with an ultra modern aqua centre with 3 pools, one indoors: https://www.eurocamp.co.uk/campsites...2&gclsrc=3p.ds

Shorts were banned in the aqua centre as everyone wore shorts all the time there so I had to buy slate grey square cuts from the campsite shop.
Always have speedos and spare speedos with you when you are traveling.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 02-04-2024 at 06:43 PM.
Old 02-05-2024, 12:40 AM

I never take a backup pair to the beach or pool.
When traveling, I pack both briefs and shorts.
Sometime I should take a vacation and only pack briefs.
When I went to Atlantis, I had packed one each of briefs and shorts.
I ripped the shorts on a slide and had to wear briefs for the rest of the trip.
Strange thing was that one of the employees working the slides said that briefs were discouraged because they tended to rip.
Old 02-05-2024, 04:39 AM
Speedo Member

Thanks for the replies . I normally go swimming in the same hotel pool pretty much every day and it is a fairly “middle class” environment . It’s very unlikely that any comment would be made if one were to be perceived wearing anything a little daring or brief . Years ago I went to a municipal pool in a rougher area and decided at the last minute to duck out of wearing the very small sei
Wear I had brought . On entering the sauna there I was glad because the vibe was completely different and I’m pretty sure comments would have been made . It’s different in a more cosmopolitan situation where you can wear pretty much what you want .
Old 02-05-2024, 07:59 AM

Ideally one should wear a swim thong when going down a water slide, the flow of water down the slide protects one from friction with the slide and one goes faster. Wearing shorts on a water slide removes the water, causes friction and tears the shorts.
French boys know this and tuck their speedos into a thong before sliding, the lifeguards supervising the top of the slides ignore it. If you want to slide fast slide French.
Old 02-05-2024, 11:14 AM

Going down a slide nude might be fun, too.
Old 02-05-2024, 01:02 PM

I used to bring half a dozen different thongs & bikinis to the beach, and change every few hours under a towel. I liked the variety, and I wore the tiniest ones in late afternoon. I ended up with no tan lines as the suits were different heights.
After a guy said I must be crazy, I now only bring one extra dry pair to wear when I am leaving the beach.
Old 02-06-2024, 04:59 AM
Speedo Member

Yes , I do that when I’m on the beach . Changing into different styles after a couple of hours !
Old 02-06-2024, 02:15 PM

If you go to the beach with a friend each time you go in the water slip into a dry suit slightly briefer than the one before. The difference between suits 3 and 4 may not be very much but there will be a huge difference between suits 1 and 4. This way you can end up in a swim thong and your friend will accept it.
A male friend may even wonder if you have a spare bikini brief or swim thong for him.
Old 02-07-2024, 02:46 AM

I had a former friend who wore women's clothes to work. I am a Bear who usually wears very flat-front bikinis or gaff thongs to the beach. The ex-friend finally said I did not have proper respect for Drag. I still wear what I like!