Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Lycra Forums > General Mens Lycra Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2020, 05:31 PM

Default Updates on Running tights

Updates on Running tights

I continue to enjoy wearing the Tesla running tights for a variety of exercises, as well as for more general leisure and casual wear. I have no problem with being out in my yard wearing the tights.

These are perfect for a lot of different exercises done indoors on my stationary rowing machine, stationary bike and on my weightlifting machine. I still like wearing a cotton brief as an undergarment to absorb any sweat or other moisture that may occur during a workout.

I continue to believe that a good snug fit that is almost like a second skin (some might say “painted on”) works best. A guys body feels sensual all over that way. I try and undersize one or even 2 sizes down. They will stretch a lot. Getting the fit exact and correct is just as important as for a swim brief.
Old 09-19-2020, 05:43 PM

Default Seasons change! Clothing must change with the seasons

Seasons change! Clothing must change with the seasons

All of you know that I have a very consistent exercise program in my home gym. I have two rowing machines, a stationary bike and an elaborate piece of weight lifting equipment. I use this equipment from 1 ½ to 2 hours per day, pretty extensive for a 72 y/o like me. But I am pretty much stuck in the house what with Covid and all, nothing much to do other than exercise and watch TV.

But that also means I can wear whatever I want, pretty much. Somehow, swim briefs have never worked very well for the exercise routine I am in. But compression gear does work very well. All summer long, you would find me exercising wearing a compression tee and compression shorts. Either that or occasionally a wrestling singlet, something very similar to what the guys wear who do compression rowing competitively, and not that different from what the water rowers wear.

Underneath, everything works the best with a snug-fitting pair of tighty whiteys, a little more padding for my bottom on the rowing and cycling seats. For the summer I have both swimming jammers from Speedo, Tyr, sporti and others, but I also have a big assortment of compression shorts from brands like Tesla, Starter, Nike, Bollinger and others. My compression shorts get very heavy use. Then I have some wrestling singlets I like from Asics, and one that is a bit of a pain to het into from Russell Some real football pants from Russell too.

What with Covid and all I can go a week without wearing anything like a shirt or jeans. I get a lot of use out of these clothing items and I always feel that the right clothes for exercising makes the time move swiftly.

But the seasons are beginning to change and today is cooler than it has been. Time to move from the compression shorts to my compression running tights that have been the main topic of these posts. I have several of the Tesla brand plus some others from companies like Russell but I think I like the Teslas the best. I picked out one of my favorite pairs of Teslas today. I love the snug fit and the sizing. They really do fit me like a second skin, but remain comfortable for all the movements involved is stationary rowing and cycling.

I feel great even though I am stuck in the house and part of feeling great means having clothing that looks great and is fun to wear. As the weather turns skill cooler I will probably add more layers, but more about that another time.
Old 09-26-2020, 01:37 PM

I just got to thinking

As a young teen just past puberty, I would seek to avoid any item of clothing that I feared would give me a hard-on that I would be wearing when I was any place other than alone. I suspect most guys that age have the same fear.

But as an adult, I increasingly sought out items of clothing that I thought would make me feel horny, because I developed more confidence in my own ability to keep from letting a hard-on get to the point where the situation got out of control. Plus I got hooked on messing around by myself and as I got older there was lots more opportunity to just kick back and have fun.

Now, as a senior living alone I get to really have fun, and these Tesla running tights have become an important part of that....Gosh they feel good this morning. Had I owned these as a teenager I would have been absolutely bonkers in getting to wear them.
Old 10-05-2020, 12:23 PM

Sebbie
Based on your recommendation, I bought a pair of Tesla tights. I liked them so much that I now own 8, mostly 3/4 length. I agree with you on all aspects of them......price, quality, and fit. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-08-2020, 03:54 PM

you are welcome!
Old 10-30-2020, 12:59 PM

Default a month of wear update

I have been wearing my Tesla running tights for about a month now--the same pair all but every day. They have really held up very well. The weather has turned cold enough so that often I now pull on a pair of sweatpants and sweatshirt over. But they work fine in that mode too. I could pull on a pair of skinny jeans instead of the sweatpants, but I am in the house nearly all of the time.

My recommendations on sizing still hold. This morning my weight was 151 lbs and I am 5' 9" The SMALL size on Amazon works perfectly for me for a fit like a second skin all the way to my ankle.

I still recommend maybe sizing these down if in doubt on sizing as you might on a swim brief. They are able to stretch a lot and the undersizing has posed no problems on my rowing machine or exercise bike. Plus I get that constant compression feel all over my lower body telling me that the tights are working their ways on me.

I still like an undersized pair of tighty whiteys underneath partly as padding for the rowing and biking, and I recommend you try that too. But a skimpy swim brief might work as well. A strap not so much as you are missing the bottom LOL

I see Amazon is nearly out of the summer weight version but they have lots of the winterweight ones. Not sure exactly what the difference is. They look pretty much the same.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:12 PM

Smile Tesla tights

I agree; the Tesla tights are great. I'm the same size, 5'9" and 150 lbs. The size "small" works really well. The difference between the regular and winter weight tights seems to be a lining for cold weather.
Old 11-13-2020, 12:44 PM

Default Getting ready for the winter months

Getting ready for the winter months

A basic problem for us guys who enjoy wearing Lycra clothing is facing the colder winter months, when the weather is often simply too cold to be suitable for what we wore during the summer. I am a great believer in the idea that guys should be able to feel good and enjoy themselves no matter what the outdoor weather. And I thought you might be interested in how I have adapted to a situation where the outdoor temperature has almost overnight dropped from 70 degrees F to about 40 degrees F.

Lightweight compression gear, both the tops and the bottoms, has become extremely popular with guys, who have discovered that they like the look, fit and feel of being clad in something really snug and tight. I spent most of my summer days this year wearing compression shorts and tee, sometimes pulling on snug-fitting jeans right over the gear whenever I had to go out—not often with the Covid mess.

But then a few weeks ago I swapped out the compression shorts and jammer for a pair of my (size SM) Tesla Compression pants and a slightly looser fitting long-sleeved compression tee, mainly just pulling on sweatpants and sweatshirt over for year work, even though some days the weather was warm enough I would remove the sweatshirt and keep working.

But this morning it was cold enough that I decided to run an experiment. I have a neat pair of Head-branded compression pants that are snug-fitting but made of a thicker material than the Teslas I have. I suspect these are similar to the Teslas that Amazon is selling right now as Thermal weight. Then over the top I had a new Tesla summer weight long sleeved compression tee in bright red. I pulled both of these on and I thought to myself how great my body feels. I have not normally thought about my arms as being an erogenous zone, but the red tee reminded me of that. I am feeling good all over, and, after pulling on A sweatshirt and sweat pants, I am all ready to spend some yard time on my lawn tractor mulching leaves even though the outdoor temperature is only 40F.

I’m not certain if I will discard all of these outer garments while I am exercising today or not. Of course I still have some really tight tighty whiteys on under the Head compression pants. My body feels great with all of this. I feel great, and my only advice is that just because the weather has turned colder is no reason not to enjoy yourself and who you really are. No doubt, given the sales of compression gear there are a lot of guys out there who are doing exactly the same thing, just like me!
Old 11-14-2020, 01:58 PM

Default Strapped and Cupped with Compression gear

Strapped and Cupped with Compression gear

I got up this morning thinking to myself that it has been awhile since I got myself strapped and cupped, despite being a great fan of doing this on a regular basis. But what I was really thinking about is how good a strap and cup would likely feel worn UNDER my snug Tesla compression pants. The more I thought about this the hornier I got to feeling…it is neat to just think about some of these ideas for awhile without actually getting into the gear.

I had a grocery store run to make that I needed to get out of the way before I could get into the gear I was planning on wearing today around, but that was a short trip and when I got home I was already oozing a lot. Be warned. If you are in the right frame of mind, this might just happen to you as well. Hat is nothing to be concerned about but part of the fun.

I always like to wear something under my strap and cup, maybe either one of my undersized white cotton briefs or even a thong. Among other things this will collect the ooze without it soiling your strap. Then the strap and cup goes on. This is always a fun move because psychologically you know that if you grow at all the space will be very limited. Your penis will attempt to find a “solution” to the predicament it is in, and sometimes with really entertaining results.

Then, of course, pull on the compression pants over the cupped strap, the snugger the fit the better the situation will feel. The idea is to leave no space at all for the cup to move around and reduce the steady but subtle pressure level on your penis. I am feeling really good now. I have a long sleeved compression tee on top and my Teslas on the bottom, with the outline of the strapped cup quite visible.

Then I decided to take the whole thing one step farther, and add my pair of gold Russell football pants over the compression pants and put a looser fitting tee (one that looks almost like a football jersey on top.

All of this I think looks and feels great and I am now feeling horny as all get out. It’s funny how I can get myself stirred up so easily, but in my mind also a great blessing. I will go through my morning stationary rowing and cycling all decked out like this. I can tell that my penis has found where the walls of the hard cup and is lightly pressing against them. It likes where it is at and is telling me so in no uncertain terms.

The stuff I am wearing is not that different from what an ordinary high school, college or even pro football player would wear. I have always thought that football was a brutal sport, but maybe there is not that well understood “compensation” given all of the physically and psychologically interesting gear the guys get to wear.

All of this gear is way super fun to be in, and is certainly highly recommended if you are hunkered down and searching for doing something interesting to, by, and for yourself. We all need stuff like that right now. It is way neat to just be a guy and to be able to kick back and enjoy who you are.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:50 PM

Default Just enjoying myself

Just enjoying myself

I realize that a lot of guys have an interest in wearing swim briefs, but are deeply concerned about the consequences that could occur should one or more male peers see them clad in one, especially so for guys that are not swimmers or at least not competitive swimmers.

But somehow, compression gear is completely different in this regard. Prior to when Under Armor came on the scene, compression gear was mainly sold to serious athletes who felt that it gave them a competitive edge to a degree. You may have found snug-fitting compression shorts in the sporting goods section, on the racks next to the jock straps and cups, in the same kind of bubble packaging. As is also known, compression garments have serious medical uses for dealing with certain medical conditions, but this was not a big market at all.

Under Armor more or less introduced the idea to the masses that compression gear was useful in a wide variety of situations that previously had not occurred to people. Amazingly, sales soared.

I grew up living in a very cold climate in the 1950s and 1960s—the standard garb for me was cotton boxer briefs in the summer switching to long underwear in the wintertime. The long underwear provided an extra layer of protection from the nasty cold winds and when temperatures dropped way below 0 degrees F. There were tops and bottoms though I normally did not wear the long-sleeved tops instead preferring a short sleeved tee with a heavier flannel shirt and maybe a sweater over that.

The old-style winter underwear fit snuggly—the bottoms so that any kind of jeans or pants could easily go over. But the cotton blend weaves were always scratchy and uncomfortable. Indoor rooms were often overheated which meant that the long cotton underwear collected a lot of sweat moisture, which made things even more uncomfortable. No wonder guys simply hated what they were of necessity wearing in the winter months.

As I see it, the widespread availability of low-cost compression gear has changed a lot of things. For the past 40 years or so I have lived in a climate that does not get nearly as cold in the wintertime. It is rare for the winter temperature to drop below the teens Fahrenheit. Still even now it is too cold to be running around outdoors clad only in a pair of compression shorts, as I was doing only a few weeks ago.

And, I do not have to spend a lot of money building a wardrobe with the Under Armor label. I can order from Amazon and fine excellent quality tops and bottoms for $15 or $20. Cheap enough to be able to use these as daily wear.

Unlike the old long underwear that was rough and scratchy, the gear I am buying is slick and smooth. It feels great next to my body in all sorts of ways, and if guys have not already figured this out I would suggest that they do just that. Moreover, if I am seen wearing this when I am with a group of friends, what I am wearing is not going to create any sort of stir, at all except among the guys who might want to do the same thing themselves and need advice on where to purchase the gear.

I guess some of the long-legged tights I have were designed to be worn as underwear under something else, and others were meant to perhaps be worn as an outer garment for running down the street, but to me this makes little difference. Then there is the thermal versus lighter weight choices, but I do not think that makes a big difference either. If a guy is really concerned about wandering about in a pair of tights meant to be worn as underwear when in view outdoors, just slip a loose-fitting pair of shorts over.

Today I need to get out on my lawn tractor to mulch leaves, it is quite cool outside, in the 40s F and I have pulled on sweat pants and a sweatshirt over my compression gear. I will be comfortable wearing the two layers, and no one will see anything they did not expect to see.

What is not to like? The gear is inexpensive, feels great (makes me constantly feel a bit horny) and there is no “explaining” or “rationalizing” to do for anyone else. I suspect these thoughts have occurred to younger guys as well. This is a great, fun opportunity for all guys to take advantage of doing.