Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2015, 11:11 AM

Default Speedos in fashion, but...

I was in the changing room of my local pool, and this guy emerged from the shower, wearing board shorts, but something didn't look right. He then took off his shorts to reveal a pair of... black Speedos!

So is this the future of Speedos, to be worn as an undergarment, to hide any semblance of a bulge under the garment which hides any semblance of an upper leg?
Old 10-11-2015, 12:18 PM

There was a period in the late 1980's where black speedos were worn under white swim shorts. The shorts went see through when wet showing off the speedos.
Brief underwear seems to have come back in fashion including men's thongs and jockstraps, so it seems natural to wear speedos swimwear as underwear under shorts. Young men getting used to being seen in the speedos and cotton briefs in changing rooms will not resist wearing just their speedos around the pool and on the beach when the time is right and other guys are doing it.
Be patient just a little longer.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 10-11-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 03:03 PM
Speedo Member

I agree, I am at a point in my life where I don't care what others think and have bought several wild colors in the skimpiest cuts which I plan to wear on our upcoming cruise. My brother in law and I both plan to ONLY wear speedos at the pool and every beach. You only live once, go for it! And I agree, the more that others guys see other guys wearing speedos, the more they will be willing to sport one.

I remember being in Antigua and two Italian ships were in port, the beach we went to must have been at least 75% of the guys were in speedos, it was super hot!
Old 10-11-2015, 08:10 PM

Me too. During the last few weeks at my local pool I've been wearing briefs with 1.5" sides, which are easily briefer than what other men wear. But as I find them really comfortable, and there are no rules which say I can't - that's the way it's going to be.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:45 AM
Speedo Member

I call this practice "speedo training wheels". He'll probably lose the shorts once he feels comfortable and confident. The board shorts will become sprinters, then square-cuts and then just the swim briefs (it may stop there, or it may progress into briefer swim wear). It's quite magical to watch this sort of evolution/growth happen right before your eyes.

It's especially rewarding to watch a friend go through this transformation, especially a friend who sorely needs the confidence.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:44 PM

Default Look at it this way

1. Wearing swim briefs is really all about developing the confidence to become comfortable in your own skin. Developing confidence in who you are is a good thing not a bad thing, and if wearing a swim brief becomes a step it that, then that is good too.

2. Wearing a swim brief is not about to age, build, weight or anything else of that sort, despite what you might read on the Internet. However,

3. People with weight and other similar issues is a big social problem in the US, an increasing issue in Europe, but seemingly less of an issue in most of Asia.

4. If a guy gets into a swim brief, looks at himself in a mirror, and concludes he could lose some weight and tone some muscles in order to look better, if the suit provides a real incentive to start exercising and lose some weight in order to look sharper when wearing the brief in public, I say that is good.

5. While guys with body weight and exercise avoidance issues might try to "hide" the problem by choosing to wear big board shorts, or for that matter, oversize shirts, jeans etc, they are attempting to cover up rather than confronting the problem. This is really an issue in not having self confidence and exercise avoidance.

6. Swimming is a great exercise that can help a guy to lose weight and develop muscularity. But as some of you have probably figured out by now, I don't swim, but I have other exercises that I am obsessive about, namely stationary rowing, stationary cycling, and weights. And I do have a hot tub so I get to use my suits there. And a lot of my motivation for engaging in this exercise routines regularly has to do with body image and how I look in a swim brief as a consequence of all the exercise, particularly so in this rather late date in my life.

7. I've seen lots of discussions on this blog that basically say "I would like to try wearing a swim brief, but I am fearful that my body won't be perfect and that others will laugh or be offended" i say, "What difference does it make?" I am fascinated by these guys who wear board shorts to and around the pool but then strip down to a swim brief underneath just before diving into the water. I've always thought that was a good way for guys to build their confidence about being increasingly comfortable in their own skins. And if the whole process leads them to a more aggressive regular exercise program while improving their daily diet, I say all the better.

8. All this other stuff that gets discussed regularly here, like having solo fun in your swim briefs, is just a side series of issues. I have been known to provide occasional and what I hope to be helpful advice on what I have learned over the years about that stuff, too, but I don't want the newcomer swim brief wearer to get bogged down in that part :-) To the extent that the regulars here focus on what happens if you get an erection while at the pool wearing a swim brief, we may make potential new wearers fearful of going out in public wearing just a swim brief.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:33 PM

I always enjoy the rationalization posts.
What it all boils down to is comfort. If a guy is comfortable wearing a speedo he should. And by comfort I mean how it fits as much as how comfortable he is around other people wearing it.
If a guy is comfortable wearing board shorts, then he should. With the popularity of boxer shorts and going commando it is understandable that being in a tight fitting suit would not be their choice. He should not be chastised by people on this board for his choices.
A man (or woman) should definitely dress according to their body. If a person is carrying so much weight that their swimsuit disappears in the rolls of fat then perhaps a speedo or bikini isn't right for them.
Comfort in wearing. I personally prefer a speedo because I have worn them since I was a child. However, since I have worn them so long it has become second nature for me to tug the back down where it has ridden up and adjust the package do to movement or water temp size changes. A lot of guys don't like having to do that. I have to admit, on the occasions I have worn the board short it has been nice not having to.
Convenience is another factor. Some people like to walk, swim, surf or play some sports and don't want a "base camp" where they leave shorts worn as cover ups or keys, change etc. The board short offers them pockets that speedos don't. They are free to roam as they like. They save their speedos for exercise swimming.
If a person needs to rationalize why they are wearing a particular piece of clothing and chastise those that don't conform to their personal like or dislikes seems like there must be some deep seeded insecurities about all their choices in life.
If you want to go to the beach or pool and enjoy the water and sun, put on what you want and go. If you have worn a speedo with shorts over them don't take inventory of how many are wearing speedos, just pull off the shorts and enjoy the day. Your enjoyment should not depend on strangers and what they are wearing. And please, don't sit down and slither out of the shorts like a snake losing their skin, just pull them off before you lay down on your towel. You will draw more attention by trying to be discrete. Will people look?? Of course they will look, it is human nature. When another person enters a room or area people automatically will check them out. It only takes a matter of seconds and probably won't even interrupt a conversation they are having. That don't really care what you are wearing (unless it is totally obscene) they are just acknowledging another presence in their area. Don't take it as judgmental. The average person does't even take note they are being looked at. To me it seems that if there is so much concern about your swimsuit, how can you enjoy your day? Don't think so much, spend that time enjoying.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:05 PM

In my high school, it was underwear that was under board shorts. I've never followed this trend, wearing always speedo
Old 10-13-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
Your enjoyment should not depend on strangers and what they are wearing.
Not at all, although it's hard not to notice what other people are wearing. Actually, that can reinforce your position. For example, at the pool last weekend a girl was wearing a bikini with string sides, which was narrow at the front, so compared to that I felt quite overdressed.