Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2014, 05:15 PM

Default Murder in Thailand

There has in the last few days been the murder of a British couple in Thailand.
The Thai police have released a number of suspects with no evidence against them and have no further suspects or new leads.
The military general currently running Thailand has said that good looking tourists should not wear bikinis if they don't want to be murdered.
The victims were apparently in brief clothing.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:49 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
There has in the last few days been the murder of a British couple in Thailand.
The Thai police have released a number of suspects with no evidence against them and have no further suspects or new leads.
The military general currently running Thailand has said that good looking tourists should not wear bikinis if they don't want to be murdered.
The victims were apparently in brief clothing.

TW,

That's really horrible. Do you know if there is a prevailing attitude in Thailand of dislike of Westerners? I know that Thailand is known for its beautiful beaches that tourists flock to and that Thailand's marketing of its beach offerings is quite strenuous.

D67
Old 09-18-2014, 06:02 PM

They prefer to dress modestly in South East Asia and tourists should be aware of that. When I was in Malaysia I never wore shorts around town, and I didn't wear Speedos on the beach.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:09 PM

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...y-thai-4274831

read the story above.

The Thai military took over the country when the Royalist and Republican parties deadlocked. All political activities are now banned.

How a general can determine the thinking of an unknown murderer and blame the victims is beyond me.
It was the defence of rapists in UK some years ago that a woman in a short skirt was asking for it. That no longer applies.

I feel for the loss of the families involved.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:17 PM

It seems like another example of the victim of the crime being considered responsible for the crime. Just like the the prevailing attitude that a woman dressing "provocatively" is asking to be assaulted. What a tragedy for these two young people and their families.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:54 PM

Thumbs down An apology too late

The Prime Minister made a statement of apology for his comments because of all the outrage on social media. A little bit late for that; it's obvious that his initial statement was how he really felt.

D67
Old 09-19-2014, 04:29 PM

I'm surprised at the outbreak of violence in Thailand. It was always a peaceful nation. The last time I saw Thailand in the news was for a tigress killing villagers.