Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2016, 09:21 AM

Default Has anyone purchased Sport briefs?

I'm about to purchase this brief in either Navy or Black but I'm unsure of the size. the last suit I bought was a Speedo Solar in 32, I now wear a size 34 for pants and my waist measures at 36, but the speedo fits just fine. I probably stretched it out.

So, should I get the size 34 Sport Brief or the size 36?
Just how true to size are they?

I understand the whole sizing down and whatnot, but I don't want a really tight suit.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:33 AM

I bought that brief in 2014. I did not size down and it is quite comfortable. I hover around 35-36 so I went with the 36. The shell is a single layer of nylon/lycra. The front has a swatch of nylon/lycra that is stitched to the waistband, along the leg openings, to the center of the crotch. The draw strings come through the waistband via holes that are not finished. These may tear in time. I have not worn it extensively for swimming , so I cannot speak of its durability. It has done time as underwear for me. FYI I paid $15 at the time.

Last edited by singletlover : 05-25-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:24 AM

I comfortably wear a 34" Speedo for swimming, but bought a 32" Sporti brief (red). The fabric is very stretchy, and fits very comfortably. But the brief is just that - quite brief, side seam measures 2.25 inches.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmboy
I comfortably wear a 34" Speedo for swimming, but bought a 32" Sporti brief (red). The fabric is very stretchy, and fits very comfortably. But the brief is just that - quite brief, side seam measures 2.25 inches.

What's your waist size vs waist measurement? I need to know for the comparison of it all.
Old 05-29-2016, 05:21 PM

My waist size is 34".
Old 05-31-2016, 05:13 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriefBro
I'm about to purchase this brief in either Navy or Black but I'm unsure of the size. the last suit I bought was a Speedo Solar in 32, I now wear a size 34 for pants and my waist measures at 36, but the speedo fits just fine. I probably stretched it out.

So, should I get the size 34 Sport Brief or the size 36?
Just how true to size are they?

I understand the whole sizing down and whatnot, but I don't want a really tight suit.

the euro cut is one of my favorites

order your waist size definitely dont downsize
Old 05-31-2016, 05:00 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer

I have been very impressed by the Sporti brand. I have two pair of Jammers from them and they seem to be quality products--even down to the logo being embroidered instead of a decal. I am by no means a heavy duty swimmer, but they seem to be holding up well (I believe both of them are made of the XtraLife Lycra fabric).

To me, and maybe Jammers are a different story, but it seems the sizing is a bit bigger. I have put on weight but still 'fit into' the Jammers I had gotten when I was a little smaller. Maybe they just stretch really well (Or have stretched out)? But it seems to me, at least, that the Jammer sizing may fit a little on the loose side. The Racer Cut suits may have a different sizing method.

Here are pics of me in these Jammers:

jammers-1000w-2 by C J, on Flickr

Sporti-Flash-Piped-Splice-Jammer-purple-right by C J, on Flickr

Last edited by Captain.Jammer : 05-31-2016 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 09:01 AM
Speedo Member

Default I have it

I have the black Sporti Euro. The only thing is when I wear it, it tends to start to rain, and wish I had someone to help me with the weather.