Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Off Topic > Off Topic Chat and Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2020, 01:31 PM

Default Too Snug? Too Skimpy?

Too Snug? Too Skimpy?

A not-that-well-known fact is that many guys seek out undergarments that they believe will add to the pleasures from male self-abuse. Maybe even most guys are subject to this “affliction”. For example, part of this drives the fear that young guys have when required to wear an athletic supporter or swim brief in order to participate in a sport at school. This experience commonly can be equal measures of terror but also what I might best describe is a “longing” to somehow still find out exactly what will happen to their bodies and minds if they get into this situation. The movie “Pride” lays out exactly what happened when a swim team from inner-city Philadelphia was required to wear team swim briefs in order to compete at meets. There was both fear but also a degree of admiration for the swimmers from the suburban areas seemingly nonchalantly wearing the swim briefs in the competitions. While claiming that their ‘nads would not fit inside such a snug garment, I suspect that their real concern on the part of the inner-city swimmers was that climbing into the brief might lead to an erection that in turn could set up an embarrassing situation.

A lot of guys seem to be subject to the same frustration. They are seeking out garments that are useful in helping to have a premium quality masturbation or partner-sex experience, but if a particular garment is too successful in that regard, this could lead to things that might happen uncontrollably in an inopportune time or place. So there has to be underwear for regular use, and then a separate category I would label underwear worn for dates. The guy wants to look and feel sexy on a date but whatever he is wearing can’t be so arousing that the poor guy ends up ejaculating or even getting a severe hard-on before the appropriate time. Appropriate underwear selection poses quite a dilemma and underwear manufactures are constantly dealing with finding a path to make the sexy underwear guys like to wear but not so sexy as to cause the guy to ejaculate at a time or in a place that would be embarrassing for him. Generally guys love to feel horny, but not so horny that something embarrassing happens.

Remember that famous “Dallas” season where JR Ewing’s wife Sue Ellen was having an affair with Peter Richards (Peter Dick, get it?) the camp counselor. In a number of episodes, Peter was clad only in a classic sapphire blue Speedo®. This was, of course, a May-December romance of sorts as Peter Richards, played by Christopher Atkins (of “Blue Lagoon” fame) was much younger than Sue Ellen as played by the actress Linda Gray. The scenes showing Peter in the classic blue Speedo® were on screen for maybe but a few minutes, and when this was originally aired TV sets were still the old CRT style sets with low resolution. Still, those scenes caused quite a stir when originally aired. Now on DVD, Peter’s body in the snug-fitting but Classic swim brief was a sight to see, and it is clear that he not only was his penis pointed straight up, but that he was also more than a little erect.

It was as if he was sending the message to Sue Ellen that he was feeling really horny. Meanwhile Sue Ellen was saying “and I am ready for you to be inside of me”! Ratings no doubt soared, and maybe sales of classic blue Speedos® as well. Guys who had never thought about walking around in a suit with penis pointed toward the sky were suddenly having second thoughts. This looked like fun for Christopher Atkins, and no doubt it was. But, all of this was accomplished with a suit that fit snug but not skimpy.

I have long thought about the role of what happens to a guy just before, into and after puberty plays an outsized psychological role once a guy reaches adulthood, but in particular what specific garments a guy chooses to wear in order to feel horny and then use to masturbate in the absence of a real life sexual partner, Guys build “lists” of these items and these lists typically include the specific items guys would have liked to have been able to wear as a young teen but for a variety of reasons were unable to do. I think my fascination with swim briefs and jock straps is in part related to the fact that I both admired the guys who were lucky enough to participate in a sport where these were required wear.

As my readers already know I also have a “thing” for tighty whiteys, but in particular for tighty whiteys that are significantly undersized as in boy’s sizes. This may seem a bit goofy, but when I was a boy I had to wear longer-legged boxer briefs not the real briefs the other guys seemed to all be wearing. At some point just the thought of getting into any brief—not just a swim brief—became a turn-on, and the snugger the fit the better. Somehow, psychologically, this has stayed with me for my entire adult life, and I still enjoy wearing the snuggest of undersized cotton briefs.

Many of the guys who are psychologically hung up on swim briefs in this regard seem to be on a lifelong quest to find and wear the brief that fits the snuggest, but also covers the smallest part of the male anatomy. So briefs with three-inch sides are replaced with brief with narrower and narrower sides and then maybe full coverage backs leads to backs with narrower coverage, and in turn to thong backs with minimal coverage. I would say “whatever floats your boat both psychologically and physically” but keep in mind that Atkins was having a lot of pleasure in what now we now would call a full-sized swim brief.

As an adult living alone I have gotten a chance to mess with all my psychological and physical hang-ups in this regard and I feel sorry for guys who are living in situations where they cannot run experiments that I like to do for, to, with and by myself on a regular basis. I also realize that for most guys the term “sex” and the term “physical relationship” are so intertwined as to be all but impossible to separate. Somehow, I never quite saw things that way. It’s been fun for me to write about things that guys do to, for and with themselves which is a topic not ordinarily discussed, as well as the role that various garments might play in a particular situation a guy finds himself in. It has been estimated that guys likely engage in some form of solo sex 25 or even 50 times for every single time partner sex occurs,, and various items of clothing no doubt play a significant role in a lot of these even in adulthood.
Old 05-19-2021, 09:52 PM

Default An Engineering Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbie
I’ve watched sports equipment change over many decades. I managed to dig out of my drawer one of my first straps. I’m thinking that the first one I bought was a bit bigger than this one, but this one still is from way back.

Not being a participant in any sports that required a strap, I think I got my first strap after I had moved away from home and was into college. But growing up, I was a tall but really skinny guy, and my weight at 5’10 was about 110 lbs. So that meant that I also had a really small waist.

This strap I purchased way back, but I do not recall exactly where I went or how I got to that point. I did not have the excuse the other guys had—that I needed it for a sport. I just liked the look and potentially the fit and feel of the strap. I knew I wanted a really snug fit. I also thought that a really tight strap would be fun to jerk off in, though that was an empirical “experiment” of sorts.

Anyhow, I somehow ended up with the strap you see here. As you can see the brand is MacGregor, a popular sports clothing brand in the day. The size is B R which stands for Boys Regular. Translated, that might be a size appropriate for a small 12-year old. Just getting into this was going to be something of a struggle even for me at my low body weight. But I was not buying the strap in order to wear it while engaging in a sport, unless you count what I had in my mind you could call a sport.

The measure says the waist measure but 9 inches across. Double that and you get 18 inches. But the waistband stretches a lot. I can still get into this, somewhat. The elastic still has a lot of stretch to it. That pouch looks to be more appropriate for a pre-pubescent boy, but that meant once I did get in it fit snug—really snug.

Oddly enough, otherwise this strap is still in reasonably good shape for being 50-years old or more. It has stained yellow in some interesting spots, but I would attribute that to the fact that cum-stains are often difficult to wash out completely, and what remains tends to gradually darken over time. Clearly, I had a lot of fun after I slipped on this strap.

Have my readers also kept sports clothing items like this that they bought when they were young?

Keeps the business end of t he swimming up!!!!
Old 07-06-2021, 05:16 AM
Speedo Member

Yahh , its sometimes also happened with me. I also feel the eroticism in underwear.