Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2018, 08:08 PM

We'll have to have a Kent meet, maybe at Larkfield Leisure Centre on a Sunday, you'll spot me, I'll be wearing yellow Arena Santamarias.
Though I'd really like to visit Crystal Palace one day and swim in a 60m pool.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 10-04-2018 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-13-2018, 08:44 AM

I'm in London and mostly wear Manta swimming trunks, which are small at the sides but very comfortable. I also wear black Adidas swimming trunks sometimes.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:28 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bond231

Hello fellow UK speedo clad guys!

This is my first post, I'm 27 based in South London. Have been a huge speedo and briefs fan since 13. My favourite brands are adidas and I have a fair few different brands.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:41 AM

Welcome uktrunks and bondi231, do you get your black Adidas trunks at Sports Direct? I look forward to reading posts from both of you are hearing of you opinions and preferences.
Keep wearing your briefs, swimming and having your say.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Welcome uktrunks and bondi231, do you get your black Adidas trunks at Sports Direct? I look forward to reading posts from both of you are hearing of you opinions and preferences.
Keep wearing your briefs, swimming and having your say.

Hi! No I bought 2 pairs of Adidas Infinitex 3-stripe swimming briefs from Amazon two years ago: one in black, the other in royal blue. I love the fabric, which is extremely soft and clingy, and the cut is extremely comfortable: very high in the leg, but with a good pouch for the essentials. Though I'm really a 34", I bought the 36" and it has turned out a good choice: because of the fabric, the trunks aren't at all baggy, and I lace them up tightly and find that works very well for a long swim.

Later, because the blue trunks were beginning to wear out (I do a lot of swimming and they were my favourites), I bought some Adidas Inifinitex Inspiration trunks. Also from Amazon, and I think European stock. Because of the size dilemma I just mentioned, I went for a size 4 rather than 5, and it turned out to be a bad choice. I like the look of the Inspiration, which has a coloured side panel, with the three stripes at an angle rather than straight, but I was disappointed by the fit which was very tight: I think the style of side panel makes the trunks much less stretchy than the others, and the fabric is less soft and clingy. The Inspiration trunks also seem to sit lower over your hips, less high cut at the legs (which gives a lot of freedom). So I ended up getting some Manta trunks from Amazon, which have been pretty good - though I'll continue wearing my old black Adidas 3-stripe till they finally give up!
Old 10-21-2018, 01:52 PM

Default Kiniki suits

I have grown fond of the Kiniki suits made in the UK. Well made, nylon and lycra for good wear resistance, and fit like a glove. My choice is the Micro cut. The white one I am posting does have a bit of transparency when wet, but my yellow one is quite fine. The small size fits me like a glove and I could wear it all day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kiniki Micor White Small.jpg (75.6 KB, 74 views)
Old 10-21-2018, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapswimmer
I have grown fond of the Kiniki suits made in the UK. Well made, nylon and lycra for good wear resistance, and fit like a glove. My choice is the Micro cut. The white one I am posting does have a bit of transparency when wet, but my yellow one is quite fine. The small size fits me like a glove and I could wear it all day.

Wow, looks an awesome suit, and you look awesome in it! Do you wear it for regular swimming in pools and fitness clubs? Any guidance on the sizing?
Old 10-21-2018, 03:01 PM

Thanks for the compliment UK. Kiniki sizing is more US/Europe than Asian so you can go by the sizing they show on their site. By their standard and my waist a Medium is good and I have a medium. However the stretch of the material is such I went to a small which is shown above and it is tighter of course, but still very comfortable. It will depend on how you like the fit. Hope this helps. The cost is really good for the quality of the suit.

So far I have only worn the suit at home in the spa. However, I would not worry to wear it on the beach or at a pool. For my lap swimming, i prefer my Neptune Scepter suits. Just a choice, not a styling thing.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:24 PM

Default Kiniki Micro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapswimmer
Thanks for the compliment UK. Kiniki sizing is more US/Europe than Asian so you can go by the sizing they show on their site. By their standard and my waist a Medium is good and I have a medium. However the stretch of the material is such I went to a small which is shown above and it is tighter of course, but still very comfortable. It will depend on how you like the fit. Hope this helps. The cost is really good for the quality of the suit.

So far I have only worn the suit at home in the spa. However, I would not worry to wear it on the beach or at a pool. For my lap swimming, i prefer my Neptune Scepter suits. Just a choice, not a styling thing.
I bought a Kiniki Micro and found that it didn;t cover the top of my bush or crack. More exposure than I wanted in a clothing required venue so I got rid of it. Does yours completely cover these?
Old 10-21-2018, 05:13 PM

Yes, even the small size covers the butt crack and as you can see from the low rise front if I did not shave, there would likely be bush emerging from the top of the suit. Kiniki is surely not for everyones taste.