Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2014, 03:28 PM

Default Preferred style; speedo, bikini or micro bikini

Guys. Guess that the recent post 'package size' might influence your answer here. What style of suit do you prefer?
As mentioned in other posts I started off at school with discovering light weight fabric speedo suits where the allowance of a bulge and being able to show that I was male made me happy. Though discovering that very brief bikini my friend lent me made me appreciate briefer suits especially for sunning. I have a lovely story about finding a very brief new style speedo made suit in Jersey, Channel isles which I will share in the relevant place. Pushing the brevity further to string side micro bikinis gave me a good feeling though female friends, ex and current wives disliked. So I'm now coming back to speedo sizes though still hanging in for minimal widths in suits. My wife is more accepting that she won't change me but prefers the tight mini Lycra shorts' cos it emphasises my thighs! I still love bikinis though!!
Old 07-01-2014, 07:07 PM
Speedo Member

I'm more of a standard speedo cut guy. Though I prefer this trend towards 2" sides rather then 3". It's makes for a more low cut suit but is still fairly modest.

Bikini cut is nice if it snug and fits well. The problem is all to often they end up being to high in the hips rather then lower. This gives you that awful v look in the front and back where as you want it straight across from hip bone to hip bone.

I've been trying many different styles but can't pull if the bikini convincingly yet.

My son rocks the bikini cut though!!....lol
Old 07-01-2014, 10:22 PM

Default ...bikini fit

Very true on second para. - always my pet hate.
They can look so good and yet too often so wrong - the straight-line fit is essential for maximum effect.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:22 AM

I am more of a 2 inch cut. Speedo is a bit wider than I prefer, but I like the prints. I am really into Turbo and a few other specialty swim oriented brands. I like low cut on waist and hips. I also like Funky Trunk classic cut for times when a more conservative look is best.

STS
Old 07-02-2014, 02:56 AM

Smile

I like the speedo style suit although I' m not crazy about the Speedo brand. And I know exactly what you mean about the bikini cut Turbofan. I have a white Greek Bikini which if worn the way it's intended, you get that v you talked about. If I lower the sides to my hips, it screws up the fit. The ones, I like the best are the 1.5 - 2" sides and very low cut in front, sitting below the hip bones. I agree that it is still a modest suit. And because of Turbofan's and STS's influence, I'm loving the Turbo and Nike fit and colors.

D67
Old 07-02-2014, 04:43 PM

If it's straight line you guys want, have you tried the low cut narrow bikinis made by Kiniki? I have a few of them and they fit well without a V look. Very brief though. Last year my wife and I watched the Wimbledon final with a friend in her hot tub and I wore a black one and turquoise one separately of course! The girls are crazy for leopard print and my wife had a very small leopard bikini while our friend who has a fuller figure was in a leopard swimsuit. My wife freaked out a bit when she saw my bikini semi transparent though!! Very soft fabric on it which gave quite a bulge and left little to the imagination. I last wore them on business in Warsaw a couple of years ago at my hotel pool and nobody seem to bother though by the time I used the pool it was later and few people were around.

Last edited by Schoolspeedo : 07-02-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:03 PM

Default Europe

With Warsaw experience any tips also for billybananahammock on Prague?
(would my sole response be generally true?)
Old 07-03-2014, 04:21 AM

I like 1" bikinis best but I like a flat front and no countour pouch. Skimpy cut but more modest detail.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:36 PM

Never wear broader than 2" side suits and have started wearing a 1.5 " one. Does that count as a bikini? Certainly as brief as I intend to go.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:26 AM

Default yes and no examples

http://38.media.tumblr.com/c10371dc1...szg1o1_500.jpg
http://38.media.tumblr.com/db46dfe88...szg1o1_500.jpg

Last edited by Byron : 07-04-2014 at 03:30 AM.