Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapswimmer
Thanks for the compliment UK. Kiniki sizing is more US/Europe than Asian so you can go by the sizing they show on their site. By their standard and my waist a Medium is good and I have a medium. However the stretch of the material is such I went to a small which is shown above and it is tighter of course, but still very comfortable. It will depend on how you like the fit. Hope this helps. The cost is really good for the quality of the suit.

So far I have only worn the suit at home in the spa. However, I would not worry to wear it on the beach or at a pool. For my lap swimming, i prefer my Neptune Scepter suits. Just a choice, not a styling thing.

Interesting you prefer the Neptune Scepter suits. They are even briefer than the Kiniki aren't they? And completely unlined? I've been tempted by them on Amazon but haven't 'taken the plunge' because they are quite expensive and I was afraid they would be just too revealing for a public swimming pool. How does the sizing work: any guidance on that?
Old 10-22-2018, 12:40 PM

Default Neptune Scepter Bikini

Yes, they are lower front. I have several posts on the site of my suits in different locations and activities if you want to compare the two suits on me. The unlined suit print is not transparent, which the white Kiniki suit is a bit revealing when wet. I like the cup design of the NS suit as it does hold the package well. Sizing is Asian and I wear mediums. Also, the NS suits use the HIP measurement, not the Waist measurement like others.

NS suits are also Polyester which is much thinner than the nylon Kiniki and is extremely smooth to the touch. The polyester will not wear like the nylon, but taken care of it will give you many hours in the sun and surf.

I wear my NS suits lap swimming at the Y and am generally the only guy there in a bikini cut, although a few swimmers come around in them at times.

Go to the NS website directly. They have several suits on sale and I suggest you try one. http://www.neptunescepter.com/sale
Old 10-22-2018, 08:33 PM

Default U. K Family Friendly

As a relatively new member of the board I am conscious that many more contributors have a lot more ’Speedo awareness ’ but I can't see many UK public pools or gyms or indeed many private ones be keen on guys wearing the swim briefs that some contributors are suggesting!
Old 10-22-2018, 08:58 PM

In the UK you can wear 2" side racing/training speedos in most public pools, The lifeguards are recruited from lifesaving/guarding sections of swimming clubs where they will have trained and raced in speedos, square-cuts and jammers. So long as your swim suit is not less than 2" at the side, doesn't have a massive obvious pouch, isn't cut away to show your bum cheeks and isn't blatantly see through, and you spend your time swimming and not posing you'll be welcome anywhere.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:29 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Bond231

I've worn a speedo solar which has a 1" side. But I agree, you'd get some looks I think if you wore some more of these fashion briefs which are very high cut. As long as its a racing suit you're fine.

I wear a size 30 waist and tend to wear speedo, adidas or arena at the pool. Aussiebum or Hom maybe at the beach or a spa.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:21 PM

Never had any problem wearing 1.5" briefs at public pools.
Old 10-25-2018, 01:02 PM

Default 2" sides OK in UK

I am from the US and have little knowledge of what is acceptable in the UK public eye. I do find it odd that Kiniki and other UK bikini makers from the past have had 3/4 to 1" sides and cheeky bottoms for many years. Yet the dialog here suggest the public would frown on wearing such suits in public view would be unacceptable. Here, no one hardly looks your way in such suits.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:20 PM

There is a saying that the Italians like garlic but they also like their friends. They try not to breath garlic fumes over people they care for.
Lots of 1" briefs are being sold in the UK, so is anything from a 3/4 rear to a thong and of course dramatic pouch briefs and see through swimwear.
This stuff is reserved for the bedroom, the secluded garden and those quiet beaches where there is no one about to complain.

Even straight men like some sexy swim and under wear for those special nights in although they would swim in their local pool in knee length shorts.

If you are swimming mainly with men in knee length shorts, you'll stand out but be be accpted in 2" racing briefs. Once short shorts and 2" racing briefs become the majority knee length baggy shorts start to look stupid and you'll be accepted wearing 1" styles in public pools. 2" racing briefs are sports wear, anything briefer is fashion, the same as anything longer than short shorts for swimming is fashion.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:55 PM

I get it, the difference being sport or athletic wear versus a fashion statement. Ahhh the British formality. I probably should make it clear that here in the US, or at least in Texas, at beaches and public family pool settings, you would be frowned on wearing a transparent when wet bikini that leave nothing to the imagination. My white Kiniki brief is probably not suitable for the Y and I respect that. However, laying out on a Texas beach away from others it would be okay as I would not be right in your face. As a Swimmer, I like them brief, low cut, but conservative in presentation of the anatomy, meaning you can't make out the parts in the package. i do not see why hip exposure would have anything to do with that, but then I am not on that side of the pond.

Torch, you bring good logic and wisdom to the table. You are a good chat mate.
Old 10-26-2018, 12:43 PM

Default Butt Crack concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapswimmer
Yes, even the small size covers the butt crack and as you can see from the low rise front if I did not shave, there would likely be bush emerging from the top of the suit. Kiniki is surely not for everyones taste.

Shot this after the hot tub this morning. This suit is a medium size and on me the butt crack is covered.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kiniki Rear.jpg (61.5 KB, 65 views)