Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2014, 08:13 PM

Smile A brave teen

This morning when I went to the Y to swim laps, again I was the only one in briefs, a Turbo, USA Polo team suit. No matter. In the lane next to me a teenager, probably about 15 or 16 got out because he was finished. He was wearing jammers and he had a bit too much girth to him which spilled over the top of the jammers. I thought, what a brave kid at that age, wearing a swimsuit that maybe even accentuated that he was somewhat overweight. Obviously he felt OK with it and it made me feel good that someone his age could have such confidence. That should be a lesson to all of us; wear what feels good and don't pay attention to what others say about it.

D67
Old 08-11-2014, 08:30 PM

Default on checking post#19...

Found silly - couldn't find stupid (rubbish seems to have been forgotten)

Btw, I would have preferred a quotation from a different Mr King and not a violent druggie.

Last edited by Byron : 08-11-2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:45 PM

Default Good and bad

Byron,

Your "good" side provides many interesting and insightful posts to the board. Unfortunately, however, when your "bad" side erupts, it places a major damper on the members. If every member posted snarky comments, as you do and refer to as "freedom of speech", the board would burn up like a funeral pyre. As mentioned at the beginning, you do provide much good to the board. Please let that part of you be for ever remembered.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:17 AM

Default to Zungaboy

I love that you asked your question and you certainly have received many thoughtful replies. I hope you continue to join in the conversation and feel free to ask questions. It gets people talking. Most of us on the board are welcoming and genuinely appreciative of sharing conversation. Sorry your post got such an early unwelcoming reply.

STS
Old 08-12-2014, 08:14 AM

Default to make a point.....

http://www.beachbelievers.com/node/5180
....does any of this article sound rather familiar?
(it was written nearly FOUR YEARS ago)
Old 08-12-2014, 09:43 AM

The obese man in the photo in the article above actually has good legs and an acceptable loin area. The problem is the overhanging belly. If he was wearing boardshorts down to his ankles his belly would still hang over the waistband just as much. He has gone to the beach presumably to swim and sunbathe, which are legitimate pursuits (even in speedos).
So why attack him for wearing speedos when it is his exposed belly that is the issue and would remain the issue whatever swimwear he chose, unless the public were to demand that obese men and women wear singlets/vests to hide their excessive chests and bellies?
Since the average man in the West is slightly overweight these days such demands would result in nearly all men wearing vests and baggy shorts for swimming, a return to Victorian values perhaps.
We should give moral support to the older and bigger men who choose to wear brief swimwear not because we lust after them but because depriving them of their freedom to choose their own swimwear ultimately deprives everyone else of their right too.
Old 08-12-2014, 01:02 PM

Thumbs up

Torchwatch, you are right on target with your very well thought out post.

D67
Old 08-12-2014, 07:25 PM

Default 2 Mornings

Yesterday at Y in Addidas brief with high school junior swim team guy and this morning in Australian Water Polo brief=both real tight. Addidas had very small gap area in left groin which leads me to beleive that it was not sewed up properly. Great to see HS junior in speedos-he thought nothing of wearing them as did the US team member who I swam with last winter. His US team suit was so brief that they kind of pinched his butt checks but he was such a great swimmer I heard no complaints. I really think that serious lap swimmers like myself have little to be self conscious about when wearing briefs and believe me the turbos I wore this morning were really tight.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:19 PM

Default In re:post 25

What was the point?
Old 08-12-2014, 10:20 PM

Default Also

When I wear brief swimwear I take my time when I put it on in the locker room and at the pool. When I'm not in the water I still hang around talking to people with no hesitation. In other words I consider wearing my speedo as nothing unusual. The pool is for swimming-the suit is for swimming-so swim! Same in the locker room. Many just like to see what suit I'm going to wear next-I have may but have mostly settled for Caussie and water polo suits which are just the opposite in their feel and toughness. The Caussie is as if you had nothing on where as the polo is double lined. I may cut one of the layers out but I hate to completely ruin the suit.