Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2014, 03:33 AM

Default Where do you keep em

Just by question how do you store your speedos? I have tried many ways in the past (Hangars, Piled in my dresser, In canvas bags, etc) and I finally just resorted to putting each one in a ziploc bag in my dresser. I find that keeping them separated keeps them from getting the weird smell one gets when they store a stash of lycra in a tight spot for too long.

thoughts, Ideas, comments stories... How do you store your speedos?
Old 12-18-2014, 10:21 AM

LOL I love to keep my Lycra in a "tight spot" Very relaxing in a "tense" sort of way.

Mostly, mine are just tossed in dresser drawers.

Sebbie
Old 12-18-2014, 11:18 AM

I have had all my Lycra on hangers in a separate closet, and was told that was not good. The possible stretching from hanging was a concern. I then placed all my Lycra in plastic storage boxes, with lids, carefully keeping all types together. I was told that was not good due to slight off-gassing of the Lycra, and this causes the odor and early deterioration. Currently I have everything in separate boxes, but no lids. Not sure if this is correct, but the odor issue seems to be gone. I really liked it when everything was hanging, just like a sporting goods store, displaying everything I liked.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:45 PM

I have mine neatly laid in a big dresser drawer. I havenot noticed an odor issue or any abnormal wearing out.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:17 PM

The suits that I bought for swimming laps I keep in my swim bag so I can choose whichever one I feel like wearing that day. The others that I've had for awhile, I keep in a dresser drawer in no particular order.

D67
Old 12-19-2014, 06:37 AM

Dedicated drawer for my swimsuits and tank tops !
Old 01-16-2015, 04:43 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer
Default How many suits?

Okay, understand that this question is from a newbie... so how many swimsuits do you have? And how often do you swim? Is there a correlation between the two? Or is it more about collecting as many suits as you can?

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2015, 11:39 AM

I am a collector, to what end I do not know. I have been collecting suits and other "sports" items for over 30 years. As you might guess there ore ones that no longer fit, but when I look at them I can remember where I found them. I am sure there are worse things to collect, at least these store in small areas.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:08 AM

I don't swim often as I don't have access to a pool (I did in college). I do however go to the beach very often so my speedos get regular use. Storage really didn't become a probem until this year because I bought so many suits. prior I only had about 10 suits. I did just let go of 2 of my oldest tho.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:10 AM
Speedo Member

I keep my speedos just in the same drawer were I keep my underwear, no inside plastic bags or suitcases in winter season and my “lycras speedos” keep undamaged also don’t take odor like “wet” or moldy……