Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2016, 06:40 PM
Speedo Member

Default Parakeet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapswimmer
A member privately messaged me in reference to the "Toucan beak" look we discussed. He suggested we were "Puffins" since we liked a more round and undefined bulge. So, After a bit of consideration, I think we have two classes of Speedo enthusiasts. The Toucan Beak crowd and the Puffin crowd. You and I are Puffins in our Neptune suits, so welcome to the family,, or species, that is. When my new USA Flag and Clouds suits arrive, I will post a complimentary Puffin Pic.

How about Parakeet beak for those that prefer a flat front (no center seam) ?
Old 07-05-2016, 11:51 PM

Hey, we are all birds of one Speedo feather,, so you Parakeets are sure welcome.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:32 PM
Speedo Member

Default New and original material

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapswimmer
I first ordered a large NS. Found the side and butt was a bit loose. Went to Medium and stayed there. If you lay a medium on a large, you will see the width is similar but the crotch cut is a bit less. I am a 31 waist. But remember the low hip cut in NS is measured across the hips. I have photos of the suit on other strings if you are interested. I think you will find the suit a real pleasure to wear. You wear it well... Welcome to the Neptune society I am going to get the American Flag,, feeling patriotic. I too like a more rounded smooth pouch look. Your reference to Toucan beak,, gave me a chuckle,,,

I see you got the new Polyester/Spandex suit. How does it stretch compared to the Nylon/Spandex material? I appears in their collection to be a bit tighter fit.
I have just ordered a NS in the "New fabric" and am wondering what the difference is compared with the original material. I have the Union Flag NS in the original fabric.
Hopefully my new NS should arrive with a week.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:01 PM

Here is my new Neptune Scepter Cloud in the Poly material. Swam 2,000 Meters in it and it swims well. No slip, and it like the others is very comfortable. The Poly material is not as smooth as the Nylon/Spandex suits, but none-the-less a quality suit. Now to see how it holds up in the water and sun,, time and time again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CloudsNS (Copy).jpg (74.3 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by lapswimmer : 07-15-2016 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-15-2016, 10:13 PM

Also, got a nylon Flag from Scepter... Not swam yet but shot a picture at the pool while doing the Cloud. These suits are consistent in cut and feel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flag NS (Copy).jpg (75.3 KB, 44 views)
Old 07-16-2016, 09:47 AM

Default NS Cloud and Flag look great

Those suits look great! The Flag in particular. Are they both the same size and material?
Old 07-16-2016, 03:18 PM

The Cloud is the new material, polyester/spandex. The Flag is the regular material, nylon/spandex. my jury is still out on which material is a better quality, but will see as the summer progresses and they both get water and sun time. Both are Medium size, which have snug fit on my hips.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:03 PM
Speedo Member

Have now received my new Neptune Scepter briefs in the "new material". Very nice I have found that the material seems very similar to the original material. I like it.
The cut seems to be briefer than my previous pair (the Union Jack UK flag design) and when comparing the two, there the new pair are approximately 1cm less from waistband to crutch.
I chose the most conservative print (the basket weave) that really just looks plain charcoal colour. For this pair, I did not want vivid patterns or giant swirls on my backside!
Also note that these have tiny brass rings in the holes where the waist drawstring comes out, rather that the previous buttonhole type sewn hole. I wonder whether that means that this new material is more likely to fray. Time will tell. Have already worn them to the pool and for some sunbathing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NP1707#1.jpg (18.0 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg NP1707#3.jpg (18.4 KB, 58 views)
Old 07-19-2016, 12:40 PM

Looks good Phil. You wear it well.
The metal eyelets for the drawstring are used on the nylon suits also. this is an improvement they incorporated several months back. i prefer the more conservative prints also. The Cloud is about as wild as I want. Next swim for me will be the USA Flag suit in nylon. I think they put some chemical in the material as these suits are just addicting.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:57 PM

Phil, I take it your living in London. Years ago I got a suit from a company over there called Intersparta. My first low hip bikini cut suit. I can't find them anymore so wondered if they went out of business.

I also have a problem with my USA NS Flag suit. The stitching in front has a gap which looks bad. I sent this photo to the maker and see how they handle the issue. Not sure if you can see the problem in this low-rez photo, but it is quite noticeable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg USA Flag Suit.jpg (75.0 KB, 27 views)