Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 02:46 AM

Default Re.post#8

Did the Speedoboard have a logo?
Old 11-06-2012, 05:02 PM

It did, the old speedo board had a logo and printed it on suits presented to competition winners. The competitions were irregular and infrequent making the speedo board logo printed suits a rare item indeed.
Usually the competitions ended before you noticed that they started making them difficult to enter.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:26 PM

Will work on a photo for you all this week
Old 11-06-2012, 07:45 PM

Default logo

Thanks guys - look forward with interest - and maybe we need a new thread for any other members who have such a rare item in long-forgotten storage?
Old 11-08-2012, 07:24 PM

Here is the Speedo Board Suit, as promised.

Well maybe not. Seems it is too big. Now I am lost. Any suggestions, I 'm on a Mac
Old 11-08-2012, 09:09 PM

Default Reducing pictures

Use a photo editor package to reduce the size of a photo, keeping the picture in proportion reduce the number of piccells it uses.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbie
If the suits lasted indefinitely, the companies that make them would not get to sell more suits as replacements. Same issure the car companies have run into..with cars now routinely going 100,000+ miles, people end up keeping their cars longer, trading less often, and the compsanies do not sell as many. Products can be too good to make money on.

I have to say in theory, you are right. BUT, we are men. We want new speedos cuz of color, pattern or cut and because we started a love affair with them when we saw them on the hanger. And cars -- come on, lets face it, cars are like drugs or alcohol, they are addictive and once you have seen it you have to have it. You can have a car with 10,000 mile on it or one with 200,000 mile on it, if you see "the one" you have to buy it. It is in the male genes. I have a great car that I love but there are a couple newer models that are taunting me to trade. No matter how much I know I don't need it, I know I am weak and till get it -- just like I do when I am on vacation or just shopping and I see a speedo I love - gotta have it. Some things are not meant to be purchased by logic and for men, speedos and cars are two if them. Has logic ever been priority when shopping for a car or speedo?
By the way, my emotions and logic are coming to blows - I am now thinking that I need a second car (crossover CLK) so can keep the one I still love (or as logical as it is to buy a second Benz)
Old 11-09-2012, 01:59 PM

Default speedos of the past

Maybe this is becoming a topic to require a thread of its own.
I am fascinated to learn a little more with the help of Louis and am picking up on Singletlover's posts #1 #8 and #15.

It seems that one speedo is recorded as from Phil in 2004 and a Finals suit is mentioned bearing the old Speedoboard logo. Would this not have been one
of many of the yellow roundel invented and printed by Phil on the suits he donated some years ago to Mike at the old Speedo Fantasy Board for distribution?
We have heard of these suits being awarded as competition prizes but can anyone explain the nature of the competitions? (in which some reference was made to "competitive swimmers" I believe).

Any progress yet on a pic of the old yellow logo so that we may all see Phil's creation of the past which must have become a rare collector's piece by now with age having taken its toll on the fabrics?

Such recollections are perhaps appropriate as the new MSSB comes up to its first birthday does it not ? (Mike - was it November 2011?).

Some who do not know the "experiences" website may also be interested to read this: http://www.experienceproject.com/sto...Speedos/946903
Old 11-09-2012, 02:27 PM

Default cars

They are indeed a big feature of "must have" male addictions and I believe their longevity has long been noted in California as the climate delays the onset of body-rusting which will occur elsewhere to shorten their lives.

I guess the same might apply to Dave of Palm Springs (and certainly there must be some explanation for the remaining Chevvies Fords Dodges et al on the roads in Cuba).
In his case the Mercs seem to be the preferred choice however and a crossover CLK is one of their new models I believe.

(saw a Lincoln Continental stretched limo. parked last week - how appropriate that I was in Lincoln's Inn at the time!)
Old 11-09-2012, 07:40 PM

Default PS on MB CLK

Is this it? http://pictures.topspeed.com//IMG/jp...es-clk-rew.jpg