Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2012, 05:33 PM

Question More 'anti-Speedo' comments on TV

The new show "Missing" on ABC - about an ex-CIA agent searching for her missing (kidnapped) son - had a scene last week where several agents are searching Dubrovnik, Croatia, for someone involved with the kidnapping. One male agent asks the others if they've seen anything yet. A female agent replies "Not yet - just some fat guy in Speedos. I may need trauma counseling!" Booooo......
Old 04-08-2012, 08:27 PM

I'm sure the script writer and director both thought that line was original & hilarious.

Much like the role McDonalds plays in fast-food humor, Speedos have become the all purpose 'go to' joke for inappropriate male fashion.

It's like Chinese water torture: I've got a sense of humor and the occasional Speedo joke is funny, but there's a constant drumbeat of anti-Speedo jokes that aren't funny. That poisons the atmosphere for someone who wants to try wearing Speedos, but lacks confidence. Can't joke writers spread their targets around a bit?
Old 04-08-2012, 08:48 PM

Default usual crap

I'm not sure what's worse in those tv shows - the usually appalling scriptwriting of so-called humor, or the canned audience laughter dubbed on the hilariously witty line.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:04 AM

Default Usual crap

When and where did the disparagement of speedos originate? What about the basis of that spreading?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 AM

The comment about the fat guy in a speedo didn't even register when I saw it. Anymore than if he had said a fat guy in baggies. It was a description of what he saw. There was a fat man with nothing else on but a speedo -- do you have another way to describe him?
Having been to that area I can attest to the fact that there are a lot of fat guys in speedos that have no shortage of body hair. I know many get uptight when it is said, but come on guys, isn't it true that when a guy reaches a certain size he should not wear speedos? anymore than a woman of incredible girth should wear a bikini -- but they do. Personally I am offended by any person that is fat, no matter what they are wearing. I see it as a lack of self respect or self control. There is no excuse for being fat. (Please no one say thyroid - it is controllable with medication)
I think that a lot of the dispairaging comments about speedos started with fat guys wearing them. They look so silly with the huge body and the tiny bit of material trying its best not to split under the strain. Watching a fat man waddle along in a speedo has been a comedy relief in movies since before talkies. Not to mention how the suit seems to be swallowed by the rolls of fat when he sit. It is just as funny as a fat woman in any kind of bathing suit. (bikinis tend to look gross if she is too fat).
As has been said many times before, the in your face gay pride, white parties etc have added to the poor speedos bad reputation by making it the unofficial uniform of the gay man. Parading down the street demanding equal rights for gays in a pair of speedos while floats stocked with speedo clad men really puts it out there. Speedo=gay.
And yet, I have travelled the world and only worn speedos. I have a 2" pair of black nylon I travel with that has never been inappropriate at any hotel pool or beach. Simple black swimwear fits in anywhere. Thongs, Asian cut, see through scream "look at me" and the assumption being "I'm Gay!"
I have never asked the stupidest of all questions "Is it speedo friendly?" because I know there is no place that isn't if the suit is basic speedo swim suit. Sometimes common sense has to prevail.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:26 AM
Speedo Member

Default One of these guys dancing in red speedos is in a thong

This is getting out of hand!

http://tinyurl.com/7g6r5tx
Old 04-09-2012, 08:13 AM

Yes speedos equals gay and there are homophobes queueing up to abuse and hurt guys that wear them. Wearing speedos and brief underwear outrageously in public at a Gay Parade or while dancing on stage it is done so openly and courageously the majority of the straight community enjoy it and the homophobes have to stay out of the way. Did you notice in the video above that the abuse started when the boy dancers appeared in shorts and ended when the speedos came into view.

Speedos also equal fit swimmers; slim, muscular, young and beautiful. Moving fast and gracefully in the water. Who could object to the sight, even the Christians approve under the flag of Muscular Christianity.

Speedos however also equal the fat hairy guy on the beach, red faced and sweating in the sun. The skinny guy trying to get fit and the older guys in the slow lane swimming lengths equal speedos too.

There is no excuse for being gay, fat, hairy, skinny or old. Neither is there any excuse for wearing something brief and going out in public and having fun, safe from homophobes who being cowards have to stay away. When the cat's away the mice will play so let's be outrageous when we can.

If you are straight or straight acting gay and wear speedos for your serious swim training try thinking that what you are doing has nothing to do with the gay perhaps camp guys on the Pride Parade. Ignore or tolerate them. Remember that army surplus uniforms are not just worn by highly trained super fit soldiers and it doesn't matter.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:36 AM

Default more anti-speedo......

Ati-speedo comments examples should not be taken that seriousely, yesI admit that they do exist but how many times did i see comments in favor such as I like your speedo were did you get it. You look good in that suit is it expensif or women telling men that they look good in there speedo.
On the internet theres thousands of swimwear sellers (FIRMS) that sell speedo style brief suits off all kinds and makes.
They must sell them to someone as theres allways so MANY offered.
Look at ebay and type mens swim in the searcg bar and bingo lots of speedos by the hundreds (lots of shorts but speedos to) Its amazing to notice that in no time you see the mention won or sold.
Guys speedos are not dead yet they are very well alive, you couldnt count the hundreds of web site that mentions things about speedos .
Further more water polo players and spring board divers wear them.
To put it all in a nut shell speedos are the most comfortable, the best for swimming, and lets not forget to mention for LOOKS (drool LOL)
Life savers wear them to train, and lifesavers with pride even wear brief style suits in the mardi gras sydney parades (RED AUSSIBUMS) and gays and non gay appreciate the show and never anycomplaints because because they are wearing speedos (OF COURSE AUSTRALIA IS AUSTRALIA NOT AMERICA.
Any way so far only one complaint a lunatic fondamentalist traditionalist prreacher that thinks he is a Jimmy Swaggart or a Jim Baker ot that fool Jerry Fallwell whom all made millions of dollars in the name of Christ by there eloquent sermons.
SPEEDO ON GUYS , THE TIME HAS NOT CAME YET FOR THERE DISSAPEARING .
Old 04-09-2012, 02:35 PM

Default a litttle photo-shop?

Cliff diver over Dubrovnik
(a guy who will sure need some trauma counselling I would think):

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_7_oIZ3JInH...vnik+62882.jpg
Old 04-09-2012, 07:42 PM

Default a little photo shop

Something is written behind his speedo i like the blue white letters wonder what brand or club.