Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2018, 08:09 PM

Default How should I feel ?

Hello. Newbie here. I'm 50 years old I'm straight and married. Enjoy being in the sun and pool or lake.
For the past few years I've started wearing smaller swimwear to the neighbors pool. Just a bit smaller than Speedos. I truly enjoy having less on wile swimming or tanning. I have one neighbor who seems to be bothered by it. And she just makes dumb comments wile she's there. And my wife seems to be embarrassed at times. I'm not overweight I'm tan and 6' tall. I cant stand wearing regular swimwear anymore.
Why is this bothering me. Any ideas will help. Thx.
Old 03-06-2018, 09:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to dm106 Send a message via Skype™ to dm106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessisbetter
Hello. Newbie here. I'm 50 years old I'm straight and married. Enjoy being in the sun and pool or lake.
For the past few years I've started wearing smaller swimwear to the neighbors pool. Just a bit smaller than Speedos. I truly enjoy having less on wile swimming or tanning. I have one neighbor who seems to be bothered by it. And she just makes dumb comments wile she's there. And my wife seems to be embarrassed at times. I'm not overweight I'm tan and 6' tall. I cant stand wearing regular swimwear anymore.
Why is this bothering me. Any ideas will help. Thx.

When I was on high school swim team my mom didn't want me wearing my Speedos to the beach or on vacation trips (hotel pools, etc.) but I prevailed. Some women think speedos are cool, some think, ewww. I think it all depends on your own personal comfort level and confidence. If you're not embarrassed then don't give a damn for what some others may think. That being said, if you are wearing something very skimpy and revealing, you might want to think about what's appropriate in the situation you are in.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:13 PM

Front is covered with no outlines. And back is covered. Only side straps between. Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:06 AM

What dumb comments did your neighbor say? Could it be really jokes of support?

I agree it had to do with suit selection according to the situation.
Old 03-07-2018, 06:37 AM

Is the neighbour you are having issues with the owner of the garden the pool is in or is she also a guest there ?
If you are going into her garden in brief bikini swimwear and she doesn't like it then you are abusing her hospitality and had better wear something more conventional.
If she is also a guest and the owners of the pool and garden have no issues with your choice of swimwear then it is her problem.
If the owners of the pool object to your swimwear choice they would tell you or simply stop inviting you over, so try to ignore this woman's hostile comments.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm106
When I was on high school swim team my mom didn't want me wearing my Speedos to the beach or on vacation trips (hotel pools, etc.) but I prevailed. Some women think speedos are cool, some think, ewww. I think it all depends on your own personal comfort level and confidence. If you're not embarrassed then don't give a damn for what some others may think. That being said, if you are wearing something very skimpy and revealing, you might want to think about what's appropriate in the situation you are in.
If you wear speedos for swimming, I think it makes sense to wear them to the beach or when relaxing by the pool. Otherwise your pale thighs show every tim you are doing serious swimming.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Is the neighbour you are having issues with the owner of the garden the pool is in or is she also a guest there ?
If you are going into her garden in brief bikini swimwear and she doesn't like it then you are abusing her hospitality and had better wear something more conventional.
If she is also a guest and the owners of the pool and garden have no issues with your choice of swimwear then it is her problem.
If the owners of the pool object to your swimwear choice they would tell you or simply stop inviting you over, so try to ignore this woman's hostile comments.

She is also a guest. And my freinds who own the pool dont care. They suggestef it when i told them i was going to mexico. Now its all i wear. Thanks for your reply.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessisbetter
Front is covered with no outlines. And back is covered. Only side straps between. Thanks for your thoughts.

What you are describing is a string bikini or tanga -- that is considerably less than a speedo.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:10 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
What you are describing is a string bikini or tanga -- that is considerably less than a speedo.

I figure that is what the problem is. Not many people can pull one off and for older guys it just come off as creepy.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:10 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave

I figure that is what the problem is. Not many people can pull one off and for older guys it just come off as creepy.