Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Speedo Member

Default What you feel about to be the only one guy wearing speedos?

As we know in a lot of countries is less common to wear speedos, them a lot of guys who wear speedos are the onlyone to wear it at the beach or a pool, them I would like to make a question to the guys here .What you feel about to be the only one guy wearing speedos? Adrenalin? The cooler at the place? Shy? Afraid? the “alfa guy”? the guy with more personality? great to the ego? Happy to all the people have their eyes over you???
Be free to responded at real you feel.
Old 08-10-2014, 01:34 PM

Default the only one...

What you ask has been covered in many posts over many months already.
Some members have expressed extreme self-conciousness and others have
said be confident and wear what you wish to wear and ignore the opinions of others.
That sums it up - I really cannot see that you will learn any more by repetitions of posts on the subject (and I think it was Dooley who rightly pointed out that this could go on ad infinitum)
Old 08-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Speedo Member

Be pretty cool if anybody response the question and no one response for other. By the way Byron I think you have a big problem, I don’t know what kind of problem but always when I make a question you repeat thinks like “it was responded may times for many people and bla bla bla…” I don’t have time to read all the forum (I work and have life XD) but I think you feel threatened sometimes like if anybody show independence at the question you have the impulse to keep the control of the questions and answers :-)
Old 08-10-2014, 03:13 PM

Talking No problem..

A rather silly post there . I am not a control freak and have no power nor wish to restrict anybody's "independence" on this forum and any replies can come to you from any of the members as and when they feel they want to add more in a VERY well trodden path of past AND recent subject matter. Any decisions on controlling content will be taken by Mike the administrator and I will say no more as I have already heard too much similar rubbish from STS.

I will of course exercise my own right to post with an opinion and say, as I clearly imply , that this forum becomes utterly boring if people too lazy to learn from existing threads keep flogging a dead horse.
Btw have you considered joining "the rest of us" (whoever that may be) in just ignoring me?
Old 08-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Speedo Member

It don’t deal about “Be Lazy”. Each tread have a link in the forum, if I search and read all the titles of the treads and the topic and it is not between this , them, the question is valid, if somebody exposed some idea about my question (or another question in other tread) it is exactly the same like search about (for example) “sizes of Speedos” but read in the topic conversations about “why you and me speak about how valid is a question” if anybody have time to read all the forum “response for response” like “searching the Sorcerer's Stone” COOL FOR HIM!!!!!
Old 08-10-2014, 05:05 PM

It is the nature of forums to be repetitive, for new members to ask the same old questions and usually to be given the same old answers.
New members can't be expected to trawl through the archives and should be encouraged to ask any question they wish to.

Being the only person in a pool in speedos one quickly gets into the water and starts swimming. One keeps swimming hoping to go further and faster than anyone else in the pool. I want to show that I am a better swimmer than the younger guys in their big, dragging shorts, if they want to swim better too they should get their own speedos. I don't care if you don't like my speedos or my body, I can out-swim you, in the sea if you got into trouble I could rescue you.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:49 PM

Whenever I wear a speedo I am at a pool or beach -- appropriate location for the garment. I don't really pay that much attention to if I am the only one or not - it simply doesn't matter to me.
Here is one observation I have made on that subject. Often times I have seen other guys checking out my speedos and as time passes I see them sliding their board shorts off to reveal a speedo. It seems that being the first one to be in a speedo isn't possible for they level of confidence - but if another guy is wearing one, it is ok for them to wear theirs too.
Think about it when you go to the beach the next time and are too self conscious to drop your shorts and expose your speedos. There may be another guy, or even many other guys with the same insecurities and if you lead the way there may be a lot of guys in speedos before the day is over.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:58 PM

Smile

I said that the debate is endless and there won't be agreement on any one conclusion. Having said that, let's not discourage newcomers from asking a question even if it is a repetition. If having the question raised again bothers you, then don't participate in the debate and just let it go. Mike is the leader of the board, no one else is.

I think that PSDave makes a very good point about others' possible insecurity about being the first one to be seen wearing a speedo on the beach. But, that shouldn't discourage others. For me, I don't care if I'm the only one; I want to feel comfortable in what I wear and that happens to be a speedo. And since I've become a serious swimmer just 2 months ago, that has provided me with an even greater incentive to be comfortable in what I wear, and maybe be admired for being in pretty decent shape at my age and wearing a speedo.

So Zungaboy, ask whatever questions you want and don't let anyone tell you to not raise a question for a thread starter.

Dooley67
Old 08-10-2014, 08:55 PM

Zungaboy, I agree with Dooley67, PSDave and Torch water as long as you are confident in you speedos other guys may have them on and just need to see another guy wearing briefs to be confident enough to shed the board shorts.
I wear my briefs when I'm at the beach or pool it doesn't matter if I'm the only one wearing briefs at the time
Old 08-10-2014, 09:37 PM

I'm with many of you. I actually feel more confident and less self conscious in a speedo. Like I said in a recent Thread I just wore one to the US Open of Surf and I was one of maybe 5 on the beach wearing one out of possibly 10-20 thousand attendees and the only one with a striped bikini plus I was dumb enough to carry around 3 cameras (2 digitals & a speed graphic). My 1934 speed graphic got more comments than my bikini... It was surreal tho standing in nothing but a striped bikini in front of that many people felt a bit weird.

Give it 2 years and this question will resurface as a thread lol.