Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2014, 08:30 PM

Default 2014 Expedia Flip Flop Report

Quote:
One of the most surprising stats is that there is a growing acceptance toward Speedos. Last year’s study revealed that 65 percent of beachgoers worldwide find Speedo-style bathing suits to be "acceptable." This year, that number jumped to 74 percent.

http://viewfinder.expedia.com/featur...ip-flop-report

And some commentary:
http://oystercoloredvelvet.com/?fash...se-this-summer
http://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle...ShJ/story.html
Old 08-12-2014, 04:57 AM

I've mentioned this many times, here in San Francisco I'm seeing a lot more guys out running in "traditional" short shorts. I haven't been to the pool in several years, but I'm guessing swimwear follows running wear.

I've never seen a poll of what San Franciscans think of guys wearing abbreviated clothing -IE- speedos and short shorts, but as the old saying goes "Actions speak louder than words".
Old 08-12-2014, 01:05 PM

Runners, guys in particular, are finally seeing that "traditional" short shorts are best for running. The shorts allow for a greater range of motion in their legs.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:34 AM

Default "traditional"

A greater range of motion in the legs is obviously desirable for the runners but athletics seem to be one of the few areas of sports where experimentations in what to wear have not been undertaken (or have they ?)
I am thinking of earlier posts where the aerodynamics of divers and the speed advantage of swimmers in certain fabrics have been debated (not to mention the changes we have seen in such events as the luge and slalom snow skiing)
Old 08-14-2014, 01:43 AM

Default Flip Flop Report

Thanks Jackk for commentaries to add to knikon's post (#106 in speedos stigmatised thread where he reported on Market Watch).
I do hope the survey (as referred to in post#111 ) is reliable as I have seen criticism of Expedia's methodology.

Last edited by Byron : 08-14-2014 at 02:32 AM.