Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2015, 07:28 PM

JUST DO IT mang. :P

It's becoming more and more accepted in the U.S., and if you're confident about it, you'll be fine!
Old 06-27-2015, 08:00 AM

Default I want to go soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumu
Black's Beach in San Diego. The glider port trail is the safest trail but be careful there, too! Ends on the straight end of the beach, the gay end is about a half mile walk north up the beach. Its a rather natural beach, waves and rip tides can be dangerous there. Shuffle your feet on the bottom to minimize stingray problems. Its best to keep your feet off the bottom, to start swimming as soon as you can, stingrays breed there in the summer. Its real scenic at the base of 300 ft. cliffs. in Balboa Park south of the prado there is a speedo friendly gay area too.

How's the crown down there? Am I expecting to see a lot of older gay men ogling at other guys or is it super fit younger guys that make me feel inadequate, lol? How prevalent are speedos? I really would like a speedo tan, but I don't want to be over-dressed.

I am so down to go, but I just haven't found the time. At the back of my head I also want to lose some weight and tone myself up a bit. So, I've put off going for another month.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:16 AM

The older gay guys will be ogling the super fit young guys.
Since you do not aspire to being super fit you will be ignored.
Of course, watching the older gay guys ogling the super fit young guys will make you jealous of the unwanted attention they receive.
Wearing your speedos and being ignored on a beach seething with unrequited sexual tension may be slightly perturbing, so get yourself fit and slim enough to be noticed but not constantly followed about by wayward eyes.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:59 PM

Thought I'd try to resurrect this thread.

Eagle Beach in Aruba. Probably speedo to square cut to boardies ratio of 1:4:25. .but...no one paid any attention to me in my speedo at all regardless or age or what they were wearing.

I can also attest that Brighton Beach in Brooklyn, NY is speedo friendly. Those flickr pics are pretty old, but I was there in 2014 and even the lifeguards wore orange sunga-type speedos. Speedo ratio was probably 1:15 or so.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:20 PM

Default All the time

I haven't worn board shorts in about 3 years, I'm from Rhode Island, which has lots of beaches
Old 10-20-2017, 10:31 AM

I don't follow the term 'speedo-friendly'. That infers that if nobody's wearing them at the beach, and you decide to put on a pair on you'd be subject to hostility and abuse. Really? Does that ever happen?

Shouldn't the term be 'speedo-prevalence?
Old 10-20-2017, 04:58 PM

Surely there would be grades of beaches that would vary day to day depending on exactly who is there in any given day. I would suggest as follows:

Speedo violent: Wear speedos and someone will come over and hit you.

Speedo shunning: People will turn their backs on you and avoid contact except for unfriendly sideways glances.

Speedo snideing: People accept you in your speedos but make occasional snide remarks that you are intended to overhear.

Speedo neutral: You wear your speedos, they wear their baggy shorts, live and let swim.

Speedo friendly: Enough men and boys in speedos for brief swimwear to appear the normal option without it seeming to be the "gay option".

Speedo majority: Nearly all men and boys in speedos, anyone sunbathing or swimming in big baggy shorts beginning to look ridiculously overdressed.
Old 10-20-2017, 06:22 PM
Speedo Member

Torchwatch, I like your gradient approach on the matter. I wonder how easy it would be to develop a single forum entry with such a "grade" for each country, region, state, beach, pool (or whatever that would be easily updated by members based upon experiences).

For all of you who like me have been the first guy (sometimes the only) to swim/sun at a pool or beach in what you find comfortable/practical/preferable to wear, thanks. You gotta realize in some of these uptight locales you're giving other, less-daring dudes the go-ahead to follow your lead.

Glad for this board and the free thinkers herein. Happy Friday, guys.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:48 PM

Default Beach

I go to the beach quite regularly and I'm the only one wearing a Speedo and my girlfriend wears a thong, not a over popular beach, no one has ever bother us, why would they.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Speedo Member

How is Clearwater beach in this regard? I have quite an interest in that beach as well as Lanikai in Oahu.