Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2018, 08:57 AM

Default Kiniki Andre v Eden v Riviera

Could any guys please give me an idea if side width , pouch tightness,seat coverage of these styles . If you don’t have them I’d just like to get an idea of how suitable you feel they are for the communal pool and how stylish and sexy you find them . Thanks , Paul
Old 03-24-2018, 12:02 PM

Kiniki have been around a long time, I remember seeing their small ads in the (Sunday) Observer in the 1970's.
In the 1970's there was a fashion for high, narrow waists and Kiniki did not change their styles for a long time although fashion changed to Arena and Japanese style low waists.
Kiniki seem to have concentrated their development effort into tan through fabrics.

The Kiniki Brazil is an old design with a high waist and a cut away half back showing a lot of the sides of your buttocks.

The Kiniki Riviera again is an old design, similar to the Brazil but with a 3/4 cut away rear, displaying some of the sides of your buttocks.

The Kiniki Eden is a more modern design with a lower cut waist though not as low as the Japanese styles, the waist is less than 2" at the sides so is a bikini rather than a racing brief.

The Kiniki Andre is similar to the Eden with a lower waist than the older designs but they've cut away the legs to make a 1" side and less than full coverage at the rear.

It's up to you to decide whether you preffer a high or a low waist such as Desmiit make:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Desm...mvR6 ODprC8vQ

Then decide how much you want the rear cut away full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 or thong. Once you know what you want it's easier to choose.
Old 03-24-2018, 08:34 PM

Thanks that’s a good help . I’m looking for something just suitable for the public pool and I like low rise with thin sides . I think the Andre looks my best bet with only a 2.5 cm side compared to my Snyder at 4 cm it should be more skimpy . I tend to size down a little to get a briefer effect if anything .
Old 03-30-2018, 11:14 AM
Speedo Member

I'd say the Riviera would be most suitable for a public pool - I've worn them there. The Andre is way too skimpy and unlined. I have an Eden, but the sizing is very small.
Old 03-30-2018, 12:45 PM

Thanks speedobility . I agree the Andre is rather minimal but that’s what I like in the pool , without being too much . My Snyder bikini is unlined and it is perfectly suitable for the pool and I have never had any negative feedback . Thanks so much for your opinion .
Old 03-30-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon44
Thanks speedobility . I agree the Andre is rather minimal but that’s what I like in the pool , without being too much . My Snyder bikini is unlined and it is perfectly suitable for the pool and I have never had any negative feedback . Thanks so much for your opinion .
Napoleon- I'm with you-definitely skimpy and I've worn my Andres a couple of times in pools abroad without issue and will wear my black one soon at my local pool. I currently have worn a royal blue Joe Snyder standard bikini to this pool and have had no issues. However I wouldn't wear the same style white one as it's totally transparent! wore it last year with my wife at a friend's hot tub. Both girls were quick to tell me though were comfortable enough with me in it.
Reminds me, do you know if there is an issue with the Joe Snyder UK web page? seems to have been temporarily unavailable for a couple of weeks now. I'd like a wine bikini.
Old 03-30-2018, 07:06 PM

Hmm I didn’t know it had been off that long . I rent my got a couple of new Rio thing from them . You could try emailing them and asking what the problem is . Yes the wine looks a nice colour ( have you tried the bulges , I haven’t )
I used to have an Andre in purple and wore it with no problems at my leisure club at the time there was absolutely no problems . Yes it’s brief but it’s not outlandish . I don’t know what happened to it . I think the riviera is too much coverage to be interesting . I think I may have had one as well ! I certainly had a riviera thong which I wore to the beach on a couple of nice days.
Old 03-31-2018, 09:27 AM

I did buy the Andre once. I got it in large size but it was ridiculously tight. Also, without a drawstring, there was no way I was going to wear that to a public pool.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:40 PM

so i got the andre - unlined and no draw string - i loved wearing it on the beach
felt so good

i also got the riviera - that is a little bigger but hi cut legs - feels good though

my eden pair is very comfy to wear too

i also got the europa, ashby and tracer swim briefs

i just love to show off in them

i dont mind swapping pics either - message me and ill swap on skype

id luv to chat more about them - speedobilly im s yorks too
Old 04-08-2018, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Kiniki have been around a long time, I remember seeing their small ads in the (Sunday) Observer in the 1970's.
In the 1970's there was a fashion for high, narrow waists and Kiniki did not change their styles for a long time although fashion changed to Arena and Japanese style low waists.
Kiniki seem to have concentrated their development effort into tan through fabrics.

The Kiniki Brazil is an old design with a high waist and a cut away half back showing a lot of the sides of your buttocks.

The Kiniki Riviera again is an old design, similar to the Brazil but with a 3/4 cut away rear, displaying some of the sides of your buttocks.

The Kiniki Eden is a more modern design with a lower cut waist though not as low as the Japanese styles, the waist is less than 2" at the sides so is a bikini rather than a racing brief.

The Kiniki Andre is similar to the Eden with a lower waist than the older designs but they've cut away the legs to make a 1" side and less than full coverage at the rear.

It's up to you to decide whether you preffer a high or a low waist such as Desmiit make:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Desm...mvR6 ODprC8vQ

Then decide how much you want the rear cut away full, 3/4, 1/2, 1/4 or thong. Once you know what you want it's easier to choose.
Thanks for the link but I don’t quite understand the last bit , “then decide how many ch you want the rear cut away , full 3/4 1/2 etc “
Do you mean there is a desmit choice of seat ?