Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2015, 07:05 PM

Default My Own Speedo Line

Hey Everyone!

I have been a huge speedo fan my entire life (I'm 28) and have been buying, wearing and promoting them from such a young age. I've realized after working multiple jobs through my young professional career that I have one true passion and no job or career other than one revolving around speedos and underwear will satisfy my drive/passion.

Like you guys, I love browsing websites that both sell and photograph them, wearing them and ultimately anything to do with them!!!

With that said, I am looking to start my own speedo line in the next two years as I have been accumulating my interests, styles, fabrics, patterns, photos into folders and books for use to build my own brand and line.

Has anyone ever ventured into something like this before? I saw a previous post about creating your own speedos which is great. Anyone have any business advice as well? Ever thought of it yourself?!
Old 03-19-2015, 10:07 PM

First do not call yours speedos. Speedo is a brand, not a type pf swimwear. Likely to get your new business sued.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:33 AM

Social media is HUGE right now with small business. Also, get a useful website (I can help with that). I can't stand a small business with a crappy website they did on vistaprint or Microsoft Word :P
Old 03-20-2015, 08:58 PM

Why would I even try to call it Speedo? That is very obvious as a huge fan.

Working titles:

ROBBED (my first name is Rob)
FLIPS
STRIKERS
PROXY
STEAMIES
REIDER (my last name - pronounced Rider)

All up for criticism. I like Proxy as you can call them your Proxies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
First do not call yours speedos. Speedo is a brand, not a type pf swimwear. Likely to get your new business sued.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:01 PM

Social media IS huge for new brands!!! I would love your help once I get started!! Speedo fan with a keen eye will definitely help Thanks!

I follow all on insta/twitter/fb:
Hunter and Crew
Aronik
Wapo
Estevez
Quid & Buck
Charlie BYMZ
Cheap Undies

Quote:
Originally Posted by area51tazz
Social media is HUGE right now with small business. Also, get a useful website (I can help with that). I can't stand a small business with a crappy website they did on vistaprint or Microsoft Word :P
Old 03-20-2015, 09:14 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedorob86

Working titles:

FLIPS
STRIKERS
PROXY
STEAMIES

speedorob,

I think you might want to have a title that has some connection to swimming or briefs, like BREVITY or BRIEFSWIM or something along that line.

D67
Old 03-20-2015, 09:17 PM

I'm not looking to make a line that is for use as a swim suit for competition or training. It is more a fashion line. Take a look at brands like Aronik and Charlie BYMZ so you have a better idea of where I am headed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooley67
speedorob,

I think you might want to have a title that has some connection to swimming or briefs, like BREVITY or BRIEFSWIM or something along that line.

D67
Old 03-21-2015, 01:37 AM

Smile

Quote:
I'm not looking to make a line that is for use as a swim suit for competition or training. It is more a fashion line. Take a look at brands like Aronik and Charlie BYMZ so you have a better idea of where I am headed.

I see what you mean. I looked at Aronik and Charlie BYMZ. I agree, you could go with any name that sounds catchy. PROXY might work.

D67
Old 03-21-2015, 01:56 AM

Quote:

Working titles:

FLIPS
STRIKERS
PROXY
STEAMIES

But you did in your first post asking about your own line of speedos. Dude, you can't even call your style speedos. They are swimsuits or swim briefs.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:45 PM

OMG!

Why am I being attacked for using the word speedo?! Calm down....

First of all this is called a speedo board.....not male swim brief board. Speedo is the name that has attached itself to the male brief swimsuit. Just like you call a kleenex a kleenex - hardly ever call it a tissue.

Just so we are all clear....I apologize for using the word speedo and when I start my own line, I will use the term swim brief instead of speedo.

I love how this is the ONLY comments I'm getting in response. Wow. I didn't think it would be an issue at all.....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimTeamSpeedo
But you did in your first post asking about your own line of speedos. Dude, you can't even call your style speedos. They are swimsuits or swim briefs.