Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2015, 03:07 PM

I was in Macy's over the weekend and asked about speedos. They told me that they wouldn't have them this year. Said sales were so poor last season that they decided against them this year. Suggested that maybe Internet would have them.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:12 PM

I just ordered two pair of Speedos from Macys online. There were a couple other brands to choose from too! Should have them tomorrow!! Its still a bit too chilly to start wearing them, but I'll be ready when it does get warm!
Old 03-09-2015, 09:20 PM

Smile

Surprisingly, Sears.com has a very large selection of briefs, bikinis, square cuts, and jammers. The brands are Dolfin, Gary Madjell, and I think Aquasmade or something like that.

D67
Old 03-10-2015, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
I was in Macy's over the weekend and asked about speedos. They told me that they wouldn't have them this year. Said sales were so poor last season that they decided against them this year. Suggested that maybe Internet would have them.

I've often wondered if these stores actually tried selling speedos (or short shorts) in the first place.

I've asked some clerks if the store would consider offering something other than boardies or knee length shorts and their reply was something to the effect that there's no market for them.

This is convoluted reasoning because stores don't know what the market really is unless they offer the product in the first place. This is a case of "Captive Marketing".
Old 03-10-2015, 05:17 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Captain.Jammer
Cool My 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by singletlover
Below are some links that were included in another forum board. Interesting items to say the least.

http://www.landsend.com/products/men...rief/id_279821

It may come as no surprise that I really like the looks of the Land's End Active Swim Jammer!

http://www.landsend.com/pp/StylePage...51400-_-451399
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 451400_AG15_FF_1MX.jpg (34.9 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 451400_AG15_FB_1MX.jpg (36.6 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-11-2015, 05:42 PM

From what I have seen shopping lately, the actual stores are not carrying the speedos -- they leave that to the websites. Penny's Macy's, Kohls and Lands End stores have all told me to go to the websites but have none in the store.
Old 03-23-2015, 05:39 AM

Sporting goods stores typically keep briefs in stock. The selection isn't huge, but places like Big 5, Sports Authority, and Dick's Sporting Goods usually have a rack of solid colored Speedo or Nike briefs.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:45 PM

In Canada it is super hard to find swim briefs in a chain sporting goods store. You're very lucky if you ever find something out of the Speedo brand - black or blue colours.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:46 PM

A few years ago wile in Quebec the briefs were for sale in many stores and I wasn't even looking to buy. The men at allthe pools I saw were mostly wearing them. Do not know if things have changed since then. When I drove over to Ontario I used a pair at the motel pool and no one made a comment that I was aware of. BUT -get this- one of the teenage boys in our group - all straight by the way- wanted to buy new jeans in Ontario and was told right out that they didn't approve of snug fitting jeans on boys. So there.