Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2021, 11:17 PM

Default Norwegian women's beach team fined for not playing in bikinis

Norwegian women's beach handball team fined for not playing in bikinis, but guys can wear shirts & shorts. I think they should make the guys play in bikinis as well for equal treatment. NBC News item: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/...kinis-n1274453

Last edited by BikenSwim : 08-23-2021 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 12:10 AM
StrawberryBoards

Yeah the fix was done on the wrong uniform
Old 07-21-2021, 05:22 AM

In England Paralympics it is the opposite, a woman was told her bikini was too brief.
https://www.aol.com/sports/paralympi...023214759.html

Last edited by BikenSwim : 08-23-2021 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:54 AM
StrawberryBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikenSwim
In England Paralympics it is the opposite, a woman was told her bikini was too brief.
https://www.aol.com/sports/paralympi...023214759.html

I dont know beach handball culture well but having been around competitive volleyball for decades I can assure you that 95% of female players love wearing the bikinis. As for the men's tour alot of the pro beach volley events are played shirtless (unlike the Olympics.) The beach vibe really helps marketing.

I 100% support the women who don't want to compete in what they dont want to compete in but its unfair for the media make the organizers out to be evil. They just trying to market the sport as "beach" and the bikinis are as much about making it trendy and cool as sexy. Maybe if the men's uniforms were as beachy as the women's the men's television ratings would be better.
Old 07-21-2021, 10:59 AM

Default Volleyball

I had a colleague who played competitive beach vollevball. He metioned that the normal attire was board shorts and no shirts for men, but a few of the men wore swim briefs because they thought that it would intimidate the opposition.
Seems strange to me that the Olympics require men to wear shirts since most other competitions (at least in the US) do not.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:58 PM
Speedo Member

It'd be interesting to see what happens if they said male competitors had to wear swim briefs. My guess is the men would protest just like the women are.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:00 PM

https://www.pri.org/stories/2014-09-...ance-seriously
Old 07-21-2021, 08:47 PM
StrawberryBoards

There is a positive benefit of requiring bikinis and speedos gor everyone is that no one can be judged as an individual for wearing them.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:14 AM
Speedo Member

I don't know if it is still the case, but I have previously read that the rules state a maximum bikini size for females, and a minimum shorts length for males. This is stupid and sexist, unbefitting a sport that is in the olympics. If playing in loose clothing (shorts and t-shirts like the males) leads to playing better, then all players should be allowed to do so, likewise, if playing in tight skimpy lycra is better, all players should be allowed to do so.