Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 02:20 PM

Default Waterpark

Hey, I'm new and just discovered this board. A always speedos when sunning by the pool or going to the beach. For the first time this summer I wore one to a waterpark in florida. It was the Sea World park Aquatica. The day before at Disney I saw so many Europeans I figured wearing a speedo to a waterpark the next day would be no big deal and there would be lots of foreigners in them. When we got there I didn't see any other men in them right off the bat and i was self-conscious and considered wearing board shorts only I had only packed my navy blue 3" speedo and wasn't going to spend the day going down the slides in the cargo shorts I wore there. As we headed to the locker room I saw a man in his late 30's early 40s walking with his wife and daughter and he had a pair of square cuts on so I felt a little more at ease. After exiting the locker room I spent the rest of the afternoon in the speedo. I saw 2 other speedos on men and a handful of square cut suits. I did get some stares and giggles from young kids and teenagers and one man kind of sighed and shook his head as he walked by at one point. I definitely felt out of place but after waiting in line a few times and walking around a little bit I felt more at ease. My question is, should I have been as self conscious? Was it as big a deal as I am making it? Do you think the people there really cared that much? Has anyone had any other similiar experiences at water parks? No one said anything directly to me about it
Old 09-15-2013, 05:59 PM

It is normal to feel self conscious when you wear Speedos for the first time in public or when you wear a new and briefer pair than usual. You may be sexually excited by doing this and be looking around to see if anyone is noticing your bulge or you may just feel shy. If you think you may be the only guy about in Speedos you will be looking out just in case. If you are (nearly) the only guy in Speedos people will be looking at you, some in approval, others disapproving but most just in curiosity, wondering if they might dare to do that. Giggling little girls are a problem, just because you aren't interested in them doesn't mean that you aren't exciting them.
When you see other guys in Speedos you of course will want to look at them, and they will look at you. After a while though it will feel normal, just what you happen to be wearing on a nice sunny day while having fun, enjoy it.
Saw a YouTube video of a guy in a black thong buying beer and gas (petrol) at a service station and shouting at everyone as he went around. Looked like an annoying idiot, I didn't like his excessive tattoos either.
Wear your Speedos in public and people will get used to it but prance about making a noise and you would annoy them.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:14 PM

You could just go to a Water Park where Speedos are normal and worn by everyone like this one in Normandy, France.

http://www.saint-lo.fr/Sports-et-loi...ntre-aquatique

Download the flyer Aquatic Centre (pdf - 1.19 MB) too.

I actually went camping here:
http://www.camping-auxpommiers.com/
and used the speedos/squarecuts only pool.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 09-15-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:08 PM

Default water parks

Welcome as new member today. Yes, you reflect an old problem and the reception/rejection of speedos at these venues seems to vary a lot.
Money is at the root of it as usual - managements want families to come and spend a lot and the thought of some mums and and dads maybe thinking it unsuitable if hundreds of speedos are to be seen gives them a fright in their pockets.

St Lo is in a nice region today: http://www.manche-tourism.com/en?gcl...FbHKtAodTyUAxg

A different story 69 years ago however as 95% of the town was destroyed following the D-Day invasion.
The US First Army struggled for two weeks against fierce German resistance and it was
becoming a worrying stalemate in the Allied advance.
http://surfacezero.com/g503/data/226...6ce4_large.jpg
Old 09-16-2013, 10:35 PM

I wore a turbo brief to Hurricane Harbor and a Squarecut to Schlitterbahn. Mainly to see if there was any response difference...nope :P Just wear what you want to be happy
Old 09-25-2013, 02:31 PM

My family goes to Orlando almost every year and briefs are all I pack for the waterparks. We've been to Blizzard Beach and usually go to Wet'n Wild but we may also try Aquatica next month. Sometimes the same park has lots of Speedos one time and very few the next but I have never had anybody comment, stare, or even act like they cared. Orlando is one of the few places where I feel comfortable at the waterparks without the baggy shorts.