Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 07:25 AM

On the subject of "Speedos = Gay" debate, has anyone ever given thought to the debate about "Women who wear bikinis are hookers".

After all, the ads for hookers all show women in skimpy swimsuits. Never the less, a lot of ordinary women still wear skimpy swimsuits (and short shorts) at the beach and the pools without being stigmatized.

So why are men so paranoid about being labeled as gay for wearing a speedo in public?

This is a classic case of the "Double Standard".
Old 08-15-2013, 03:31 PM

Default hookers

Bringing hookers into the debate is a diversion from the essential consideration which is the taboo of same sex affinity or association in intimate terms.
The clothing chosen and the actions demonstrated in public displays are therefore frightening symbols for those of the unfathomable macho culture.
The soldiery of ancient Greece had no such hangups (but no tacky Pride parades to observe either) so maybe it will be a few thousand years again before we see a change in social mores on our planet.

As an aside, on the matter of procreation of the species, an Italian research professor has indicated that gays contribute to and do not diminish it. It is all to do with inherited genes and the x and y chromosomes - he reckons he can show that
the female family relatives of homosexuals have naturally greater fecundity.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:50 AM

I have tried so hard to understand everything there is to know about being alive in this crazy world. I decided to stop before I strain something. From there I've been working at just tolerating whatever other people are into, even if I'm not. When I say "I don't care" I'm kind of lying, because I do, but I don't feel the need to fight over it. Sometimes I think kids are really smart, they just roll their eyes and say "What-Ev."
Another quote I love is Rodney King. What a loser. But, he said so much with just "Can't we all just get along?" Genius.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:30 PM

Default Genius?

I certainly can't see how this word can be applied to Mr King with his appalling record of social irresponsibility - not to mention a complete naivety on the species homo sapien (unfortunately crediting wisdom to those who
have acquired a "celebrity" status occurs far too often in this age of mass communication and he appears to have died as he lived).

There has been throughout human history, and always will be, a tendency to self-destruct. The acquisition of territory has accounted for millions of deaths
over many years but religious belief and the hypocritical preachers thereof
have one hell of a lot to answer for in such unnecessary slaughter.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:27 AM

People are always looking to socially on up you... Because we wear speedos and they wear speedos means we are equal to them according to some... Being gay is one thing, being a deviant freak in public is another. I bet some gay guys use these parades as an excuse to wear a speedo anyway.

We do have a tendency to self destruct, usually succumbing to basic instinctual desires. Greed, lust, envy, power... In fact many people who reject a guy like me for being a speedo wearer comes down to the fact that they justify that they are "better" more moral, or more socially acceptable...
Old 09-12-2013, 08:13 PM

Dallas is coming down on the Pride parade/celebration there and have promised to arrest anyone that does not fit into the descency laws. Basically they are saying it is a felony to walk around nude or display arousal in public. All the local gay organizations are up in arms about the disrimination. How is enforcing existing laws descrimination? And gays wonder why why str8s have trouble accepting them.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:29 AM

Default parades

Yes, always the egotistical idiots to be found who spoil it for the rest in those events I'm afraid.
London annually hosts the biggest Afro-Caribbean street parade and music festival
in the world. The costumes made are ever more exotic and not a problem but thousands of extra police nevertheless have to be drafted in every year to maintain public order in the
ever-increasing numbers of spectators. Sad to say there are frequently multiple arrests on the drug dealers and running fights - and worse.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
Dallas is coming down on the Pride parade/celebration there and have promised to arrest anyone that does not fit into the descency laws. Basically they are saying it is a felony to walk around nude or display arousal in public. All the local gay organizations are up in arms about the disrimination. How is enforcing existing laws descrimination? And gays wonder why why str8s have trouble accepting them.

that's why I stopped going to Dallas pride...the queens just use it as an opportunity to wear as little as possible in public...and the Gayborhood in Dallas is way to judgmental for me.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:19 PM

Default pink parade

Modesty in London: http://25.media.tumblr.com/70da1308c...2vsgo1_400.jpg
Old 09-17-2013, 02:13 AM

The guys that want to be the center of attention and want to act out by going nude in public or make drug buys at parades as PSDave, Bryon, Area51tazz and others have talked about are stupid. Someone once said You can't fix stupid and those people are prime examples of that axiom. You can teach an idiot or someone who is ignorant but no amount of teaching can fix someone who is stupid.