Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 01:06 AM

Default Vote With Your Wallet

Here's one way to make speedos more popular.

If you've got the money, everyone go to a large store like Big 5 or Sports Authority and buy a couple of speedo style suits.

Companies use computerized inventory and sales tracking software so they will be aware of the popularity of all the various styles.

I don't know if this will make more guys wear speedos, but it's one step in the right direction.

CD
Old 04-15-2013, 04:25 AM

I think you are correct. I and my friends went to a shop and bought a few this afternoon.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:58 AM

If Sports Authority sold suits I like, I'd be happy to buy some of my swimwear from them. However, since all I ever see there is boring navy blue and black, I think I'll do my part for local business and go to the locally family owned swim store instead. They even send loyal customers a 15% off postcard once a year.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:24 AM

Default vote with.,.....

Just got 4 from ali baba.com and 3 from allexpress.com
Anyone else ......
Old 04-15-2013, 12:15 PM

I am in agreement with the comment above that the selection at any of the big box stores, like Sports Authority, are so limited and dull. Only once did I find a great selection, and that was at a store near a big competitive swimming facility. Another option is to go to the local swim shop (if you have one nearby) and buy some brief cut swimwear. They will notice and listen to suggestions.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:36 PM

Tell stores like Sports Authority that you already have black and navy speedos and are looking for something brighter, go in every week and tell them until they react to your demands. Get all your mates to go in every week until the stores are continuously full of guys demanding exciting speedos in front of other customers, but not buying anything. We did this to local sports shops while trying to get running shorts and spikes in the 1970's.

If you cannot get stuff locally then buy it mail order, chose the colours you want and styles that excite you. Should you be afraid that family members will intercept your more risky purchases then start buying ordinary boring things mail order until they get bored of opening your packages. A single package creates interest, a few every week, complacency. If they do open your rather brief and colourful bikini then swear (in a style acceptable in your home) and say they have sent you the wrong suit.

Be seen in your speedos, swim more it is healthy, the mixed sauna at your local sports centre, the beach or lake now spring has arrived. Judge for yourself which suits you can wear without "scaring the horses". Just put on your speedos and swim etc. Don't pose or shout "Look at me!", act naturally and be accepted.

If you use cam sites, eg cam4.com or caffmos community go on cam with your more daring bikinis and swim thongs. You will find loads of guys there in their underwear, let the viewers see that skimpy swimwear looks better. These sites are designed for showing off, so do so and have fun.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:02 AM

LOL I love this board and those that think the opinion and requests of the consumer actually are heard by the manufacturers. I have seen men wearing this length for years - nothing new. Of course, it is the over 50 crowd, but they are popular in the AARP catalog.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:37 PM

The manufacture's will change styles if they believe they will make money doing so. To date they don't believe their companies will make money on the briefer styles. The companies WILL listen when profit is involved.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:52 AM

Like people's lack of interest in complaining to the government, guys also don't make their opinion known to the apparel makers and distributors.

Most guys are like lemmings running off a cliff and they just buy whatever's on the rack and don't bother asking for something different.

This situation is very convoluted and and an example of circular reasoning. Consequently, there's no real choice and stores will just keep stocking the long and baggy stuff until the circle is broken.

However I am sending emails to the "contact" address of the big name apparel makers and retailers complaining that there's no choice in swimwer of shorts and they should consider offering something different.

CD
Old 04-21-2013, 01:48 PM

I totally agree, guys have to have their voices heard if they want something different. When the retailers hear from enough of us they will stock more variety.