Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2020, 12:25 PM

Default Inconsistent swimwear policy

Last week i was at a local pool where a woman was swimming fully clothed, complete with a head covering. That was one thing, but I went into the sauna section where she also entered, sitting not that far away from me. I felt a little self-conscious, sitting there in very brief Speedos, while she was there fully clothed. But I suppose swimming pools now have to employ this clothing policy to meet some people's cultural needs.

Now if a woman was sitting there in nothing more than a g-string bikini, it may have made me feel uncomfortable, but no more than someone fully clothed. Yet pool rules state that people can't wear thongs/g-strings, presumably because it would make others feel uncomfortable? Funny, that.
Old 02-22-2020, 08:29 PM

Rediscover an ancient religion that makes swimming in thongs and G strings part of a weekly ritual observance. Perhaps the return of Sulis Minerva.
Maybe at first you'll have to hire pools for your exclusive use or build your own temple swimming baths.
Preach that the wearing of thongs and G strings for worship is compulsory but allow speedos and bikinis at other times. Teach that the use of anything more than the minimum for modesty when swimming and sunbathing is abomination in the eyes of the Goddess.
Say the Goddess created the human form and to force men or women to cover up in the name of modesty is disrespectful of Her.
For the Goddess modesty is an acceptance of our bodies as they are in in thongs or G strings in Her presence.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:08 PM

Default Aphorism

"If God had intended us to be naked, we would have been born that way"
Old 02-24-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
Rediscover an ancient religion that makes swimming in thongs and G strings part of a weekly ritual observance. Perhaps the return of Sulis Minerva.
That's not too far off, considering Japanese Sumo wrestlers wear outfits that would show too much skin for a public pool; but for them, it's part of the culture.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:02 PM

A representative from CCBN (Central Council for British Naturism) was on BBC radio today discussing that as naturism was a philosophy it deserves the same protection for it's members as religions. He said it should be equally illegal to harass and bully someone for the clothes they wear in religious observance as for a naturist worshipping the sun.
This is not far from my suggestion earlier in this thread.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
Last week i was at a local pool where a woman was swimming fully clothed, complete with a head covering. That was one thing, but I went into the sauna section where she also entered, sitting not that far away from me. I felt a little self-conscious, sitting there in very brief Speedos, while she was there fully clothed. But I suppose swimming pools now have to employ this clothing policy to meet some people's cultural needs.

Now if a woman was sitting there in nothing more than a g-string bikini, it may have made me feel uncomfortable, but no more than someone fully clothed. Yet pool rules state that people can't wear thongs/g-strings, presumably because it would make others feel uncomfortable? Funny, that.

I would think that a woman fully clothed with head wrap wasn't there to do laps. Those outfits must weigh a ton wet. I would object on the fact we don't know when or if any of those clothes were last washed and what she could be adding to the pool. Pool maintenance does not consider clothing when chemicals added. If too many come like that I would worry about pool water contamination.
Why should you feel self-conscious in a swim suit in the Sauna? That is appropriate attire (or just a towel) She was the one out of place and should have felt uncomfortable. I will say, when I read that my first thought was how I sweat in a sauna and wondered what he clothes must smell like (ugh) A good reason she shouldn't be in the pool fully clothed. Not to mention she becomes a safety hazard wearing a virtual anchor.
I used to manage a resort hotel and can shed a bit of light on the no thong/g-string policies. Ironically it was because of the women that we put a stop to them. A woman with a kid in a stroller was wearing a thong. Not many with her figure would have - but she did. The clincher came when she bent over and displayed a very thong strap framed with butt hair. To add to it, she had bent over in front of the dining room window and a couple tables of business men. She was just bending for the second time when I arrived and am sure i blurted out something like "Oh F__K". I downed a double shot of Jack Daniels and tried to figure out how to approach the matter. I finally gave a waitress a very large tip to go over and tell her. That night we posted a new pool policy. NO thongs or g-string swim wear. God- that brought back some bad images.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:41 PM

I for one dont like people swimming fully clothed. I always wonder how clean those clothes really are that they are getting into the pool with. Dont even get me started on the people that wear full tennis shoes in the pool to work out in! We need to go back to people have to wear a speedo or less!