Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2023, 02:36 PM

Default Exhibitionist or Enthusiast

We're all on this forum for one reason, speedos!
How would you describe yourself as a speedo wearer?
Do you enjoy wearing speedos so others can look at you in your speedo?
Do you wear a speedo because you like the comfort and convenience of a small suit?

I would say I'm a little bit of both. The pros of wearing a speedo far outweigh board shorts when it comes to swimming or tanning. We all know that.

As far as being an exhibitionist, I don't go out of my way to make a spectacle out of myself. However, I do like wearing my speedo at the beach. I'm not necessarily looking for people to look at me, but there's something exciting about wearing a small tight swimsuit that is different from what other guys might be wearing. I won't deny that I would love to wear a suit someday that provides a good bulge at a beach where thongs and speedos are the norm, so maybe I am?
Old 06-24-2023, 07:05 PM

Default Comfort and freedom

Comfort and freedom of movement for me.
I know I don't look particularly good in a speedo but that doesn't keep me from wearing them.
Old 06-25-2023, 09:12 AM

In the pool older men in speedos were constantly overtaking younger men in shorts because speedos have less drag than shorts and because constant swimming hones your style and improves your fitness and endurance.
A younger man wanting to swim at the same speed as the older men would have to do a lot of swim training and buy some speedos.
It's considerably easier to declare all the men in speedos are gay that you don't want to be with them and to give up swimming.

In cycling you'll find the faster fitter cyclists are wearing Lycra cycle shorts, simply declare them all to be fanatics and continue cycling slowly in jeans.

Our sports shops have all become boutiques where unfit people buy clothing unsuitable for doing sport because they think it looks cool.

I heard a BBC Radio 4 Woman's Hour program in which a woman said that before she could go for a jog she'd have to get all the gear and then she'd be too embarrassed to wear it because she's so fat and unfit. Catch 22!

Go swimming in shorts until you are fit enough to keep up with the older men in speedos, you'll know that that you'll be able to overtake them if you buy some speedos suddenly it will be a lot easier to buy those speedos and you'll know that you've earned them. Who cares about the slow guy in shorts that think you're gay!
Old 06-28-2023, 04:01 PM

Definitely not at exhibitionist. On holiday last week I would wear a top and a pair of board shorts at the hotel pool and the beach. Only when going for a swim would I strip down to my swim briefs. I don't wear them for others to watch me.
Old 07-03-2023, 12:30 AM
Speedo Member

Just my opinion but I regard the exhibitionist label as being created by the speedo haters to describe men who want to enjoy sunbathing.
I'm an enthusiast of swimwear the same way women enjoy it. Its simply fun to wear (in and out of the water) and if some people perv on me or are offended by me than so be it.
Old 07-03-2023, 04:34 PM

They say women are sexually objectified when they are wearing small bikinis, but they still continue to wear them.
But when men are sexually objectified, the result is them all cowering in a pair of long shorts.
Old 07-11-2023, 01:48 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speedo

I would say I'm a little bit of both. The pros of wearing a speedo far outweigh board shorts when it comes to swimming or tanning. We all know that.

As far as being an exhibitionist, I don't go out of my way to make a spectacle out of myself. However, I do like wearing my speedo at the beach. I'm not necessarily looking for people to look at me, but there's something exciting about wearing a small tight swimsuit that is different from what other guys might be wearing. I won't deny that I would love to wear a suit someday that provides a good bulge at a beach where thongs and speedos are the norm, so maybe I am?
I am similar to you. I enjoy the comfort, ease, and fast drying characteristics of speedos but also feel good wearing them. A also wish they were more common on the beaches near me. I enjoy seeing men wear them and wouldn't be opposed to men and women noticing me. Until then, I will wear them at home by the pool or on vacation.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:56 PM

I wear speedos because that's what I've always worn though I prefer the skimpier bikinis which I still find a bit of difficulty wearing in public places but push myself. Have recently bought some wider swim briefs which I have been wearing on the beach without any concern about what others might say and my wife has even accepted them.
Old 07-21-2023, 10:29 PM

Default Enthusiast

I always liked tight skimpy suits and thongs, usually the smallest on the Beach. I don't like to show any bulge, so mine are flat-front style, I am an enthusiast.
Old 07-24-2023, 02:49 PM

Default Added photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikenSwim
I always liked tight skimpy suits and thongs, usually the smallest on the Beach. I don't like to show any bulge, so mine are flat-front style, I am an enthusiast.

Here's a photo of my Mategear flat-front suit, fine at any beach.

Last edited by BikenSwim : 08-03-2023 at 03:49 AM.