Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2016, 08:05 PM

Cool The New Guy

Sup fellas? I hope all is well. I stumbled on this when I was searching for threads about if a guy should or shouldn't wear speedos in public like pools beachs tubs what have you. I was looking for opinions from both men and women, I found a lot of great answers some really positive others kinda harsh(from other forums example yahoo ask). Anyways after reading a few random threads on here I decided to join the community.

Her is a little bit about me. I've always loved swimming the sad thing is I never was really able to join a team back in high school, because we didn't have a high school pool. I never liked other sports so I was a video gamer was really heavy because of the lack of exercise and crummy diet. When I graduated high school and started going to college I found myself going swimming ether at a public pool friends pool or sneak into apartment complex pools that surround my house. I started dropping a little weight wasn't playing those damn games much anymore. A girlfriend at the time was always joking and teasing me how she would love to see me in skimpy swim wear ether speedos or women's bikini's. So she bought me my first suit which embarrassingly was a scrunch butt or pucker back bikini bottom. I didn't swim it but I did sunbathing a few times and I to be honest I liked the tan line. I dare not go swimming because I had a fear that they would come off.

Anyways I finally got myself my first men's speedo swimsuit and went swimming and I immediately noticed a difference in speed and maneuverability. After 6 months the speedo wore out became dis colored and baggy. I started trying different brands to find one that was a middle ground. It had to be well made I wanted a little bit of a skimpyness to it and I wanted cool designs on it. (More on that later.) Fast forward a few years till January this year after hiding the fact the I wear speedos going out to secluded areas to tan or swim swim in pools at night. I decided to join my college swim team (I was taught when I was really really little but stopped swimming at third fourth grade). The coach wants me to do a few swim classes so I can be proficient in at least two strokes/swim styles, time and speed will come with practice.

First day of class I went in to it and I wore a modest speedo brief nothing fancy on it and to my amazement no one cared. I am 5'8 and at the time I was 200lbs so I was expecting something an insult a snicker but still nothing. After a few weeks of classes and at this time I'm still looking for a suit I actually like. Then one day in feb this year I found Turbo water polo swim suits. They have just the right amount of skimp and beautiful patterns. They had this reputation of supposedly lasting forever from what the reviews said. It took me a while to get the right size but once I found it I finally started my collection. Even though they are really expensive I manage to get my hands on three. My favorite one has a joker print on it, another one is black with a skull and some cool orange red designs, the third is green with troll on it welding an axe(goalie brief is what it said in the add). I have a few more on the way another joker different pattern and it has 14cm sides rather then the 7cm sides I currently use and a I ordered a once piece swim suit from them(I'll explain another time separate story).

Today I am now at 180 still have 25 more pounds to go and I have gotten noticably thinner have an awesome turbo bikini tan line and I'm bronzing beautifully. I learned freestyle easily, and I'm practicing my back stroke which isn't hard just hurts hitting the wall when you don't pay attention. I have had nothing but support from my family my coach my class mates and the now the team know they are rooting me on to make the team this fall. I'm no longer shy about wearing speedos in public. I might have kind of a thicker figure at the moment but not beer belly gross and in time I will soon be fit.

I'm glad to have found this forum and I look forward to posting more story's and situations that have happened over the course of this time and what ever the future holds.

P.S. If anyone has a real speedo brand thong that they are willing to part with or finds them for sale on where ever please let me know. Im looking for a size large or medium so I can wear them when I finally drop all the weight.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:57 PM

Well done, you overcame your shyness about your body, started wearing brief swimwear, swam and have become a better person for it.

Genuine Speedo brand swim thongs are no longer made, you may find old used ones on Ebay, but try a different brand such as Desmiit.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Speedo Member

Always like reading other stories about people realizing how great speedos are, always something to relate to in every one!

I'm close to your size too and I encourage men of all sizes to wear speedos if they want to. We only live once and confidence is a great thing to have. Go for it no matter what size you are!
Old 05-09-2016, 01:42 AM

thats awsome on loosing the weight and wearing speedos. Keep up the good work!