Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2013, 09:55 PM
Speedo Member

Default Running Tights

Hi. Can anyone recommend some good running tights. Its just getting too cold out there.

I am not looking for N2N or anything on that end. More conservative with maybe some color that can be worn in general public without 2nd looks.

Thanks.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:55 AM

THese are actually pretty nice tights. http://www.mensswimsuitboard.com/for...9&d=1355054099
They might be a bit racier than what you had in mind, but they are available in more conservative colors than yellow. Just wear a pair of nylon running shorts over.
I find these on the Chinese aliexpress.com Web site You can do a search on mens tights there. THese are Seobean
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Genui...503970550.html

Shipping generally is free and they arrive in US in your regular mail in about 3 weeks.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Speedo Member

Thanks sebbie. Those tights are great, but not conservative enough for the general public I will be around. I do not plan to wear any shorts over the tights, so want them on the more conservative side, but not just all black.

My thought is if I am going to wear tights, I do not want to hide them or cover up with shorts.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:55 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoAZ
Hi. Can anyone recommend some good running tights. Its just getting too cold out there.

I've worn out many pairs of running tights through the years, here's what works for me.

Never buy them without trying on first, the sizes vary a lot and you don't want them to be loose anywhere. After trying them on buy the tighter pair as they relax/stretch out with use.

As you've suggested I pretty much stay with basic colors. I prefer a simple nylon lycra mix and they have to have a drawstring. I'm not a fan of the over priced trendy fabric/styles that come and go every year. $90 buck for running tights? sheesh....

This style in brands like InSport and Defender are still on store racks. My favorite ons are some Brooks from years ago, I still run in them but don't think they're available anymore.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:08 PM

Buying running tights used to be simple, they were made out of Lycra, they were plain or patterned, they weren't shaped for a sitting position like cycle tights and they either fitted or they didn't.
Now there seems to be compression tights, thermal tights, pouch tights and all kinds of variations.
The early traditional running tights had a colour contrast stripe running down the sides of the legs but the technical compression tights have strange contrast stitching to tighten up the tights in the required directions, this makes them look like underwear.

Here in the UK I have used Ron Hill Tracksters, they are slightly heavier than Lycra tights , have foot stirrups to keep them down and are decorated with reflector stripes. When it is really cold I will wear Lycra running tights underneath.
Since I like Ron Hill clothing perhaps something like this may suit you:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ronhill-Vizi...running+tights

Have noticed in the last couple of weeks that young football (soccer) players are wearing plain black Lycra running tights under their team football shorts, the shorts seem a little shorter this year but it has been cold. If boys get used to wearing Lycra they may perhaps be more willing to consider wearing speedos when it is time for them to swim.

Last edited by Torchwatch : 11-30-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinspeedo
This style in brands like InSport and Defender are still on store racks. My favorite ons are some Brooks from years ago, I still run in them but don't think they're available anymore.

I took a look online for both InSport and Defender tights. Could not find either. I will probably have to go to the local Sporting Goods store and see what they have.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:10 AM

1. A proper fitting pair of Lycra or blend tights are going to fit quite snug, and a black or navy color is not going to disguise the male anatomy any more than the guys who wear knee-length jammers for swimming somehow convince themselves that no one can see anything about how males are constructed anatomically either.

2. A vertical stripe in a contrasting color may fool the eye a bit and move the eye away from the male anatomy bumps that might be more obvious in a solid, conservative color (remember the swimmers in jammers)

3. Tights that have pouches to accommodate the male anatomy generally are more comfortable to wear than tights that are flat and bear down on the male anatomy, particularly when engaging in tough physical exercise.

4. If a guy is squeamish about someone in public inadvertently seeing anatomy outlines in public and concluding that the guy is likely male with all the correct male body parts in the right places, then a solid color is not going to resolve the problem and a looser-fitting pair of shorts worn over the tight is the solution, but

5. Once you do that you might as well find a pair of tights that have a comfortable pouch, as it will be covered up with the camouflage shorts anyway. The color of the pouch doesn't matter since the shorts are worn over.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:45 AM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoAZ
I took a look online for both InSport and Defender tights. Could not find either. I will probably have to go to the local Sporting Goods store and see what they have.

Here's one online resource

http://www.weplaysports.com/Insport/running/tights/