Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2013, 06:02 AM

Default why do hot guys wear 3-4 inch speedos?

There ought to be a law against hot guys wearing speedos with sideseams greater than 1.55"

It totally distorts there image! Less fabric == better/sexier!
Old 11-01-2013, 06:06 AM

Default sorry...forgot to add pic

here it is...you speedo freeks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_muquo8GCCI1sn3vwuo1_500.jpg (34.9 KB, 181 views)
Old 11-01-2013, 06:34 AM

Default two swimmers

LOL - nice pic - and don't feel I am being robbed in this case by having to view guys with images distorted in their choice of speedos.

Btw, your sideseam specification to two decimal points might be expecting a little too much from the manufacturer's machinists !
Old 11-01-2013, 02:13 PM

Because it's the uniform of competitive swimmers. They are not in a fashion show nor trying to get a rise out of anyone. They just came there to swim fast, it's what they do.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:55 PM

I thought for competitive sports, less fabric was better?
Old 11-02-2013, 01:49 AM

As far as I know, the jammers are thought to be faster. I really don't know how they determine this, it's like the idea that we swim faster after shaving our legs. LOL. Whatever, anything for a faster time...
Old 11-02-2013, 04:38 AM

Default jammers

The bit I never understand when the cod-science of all this is presented is that the way jammers are worn so low a pocket of water resistance is created at the butt crack and so defeats the object of the intended "improvements".
Old 11-02-2013, 05:10 PM

Yes, many jammers are so low you wonder about water going into the suit (tunneling) and slowing a swimmer down. A US college swimmer told me a few yrs. ago the jammers were better than briefs because the tight fabric around their thighs gave added support to thigh muscles that get tired quickly in a race. Also, many fabrics are slicker than human skin, so covering more of the body helps you be slicker (and faster?) in the water.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:38 PM

I don't think tunnelling is a performance thing... it isn't part of any competitive swimming that I know of. I do know that swimmers who show butt crack at a swim meet will be asked to fix that. We want to keep it PG. The rules call for appropriate swim wear, the meet referee is in charge of defining that. And they do! You know, there is a time and a place for exhibitionism, but teens doing it around little kids is not going to be allowed at a USAS event, trust me.. .
Old 11-02-2013, 05:46 PM

Default tired muscles

Yes, I can understand that they are appreciated by some athletes as jammers are in effect compression shorts, assisting with physical stamina.
What needs to be pointed out however is that the satisfaction of achieving a new personal-best time does not equate with a win in competition.
The runner has to break the line first and the swimmer still has to touch the wall first.
If the guy in the next lane is also wearing his best jammers in order to beat you (100% visible in most championship meets now) why don't we even it all up and just go back to speedos?