Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2019, 10:14 PM

Default Another thing i dont understand

Why is it okay for a girl to wear something skimpy and skin tight leaving as little to the imagination as possible and they get positive comments from both genders but a man wears briefs and its genuinely disapproved and frowned upon?
Old 04-27-2019, 10:19 PM
Speedo Member

Two words man: double standards.

This is a reality of life we cannot control

But we CAN refuse to let them control us and rob us of our happiness.
Old 05-10-2019, 12:20 AM

Talking Another thing I don't understand

Yes, no doubt there a sense of double standards what swimsuit either sex wears. It does seem okay for a young woman to wear skimpy bikini swim suits and if a young guy is seen in a skimpy Speedo, he's considered gay and shouldn't be revealing his privates. My girl friend does her own thing, wearing a woman's one piece Speedo swimsuit, a size smaller. She looks beautiful in and outlines her assets in a very sexy and beautiful style. I' still always wear a men's tight fitting Speedo swimsuit that does cover much of my waist and outlines my male assets, yet exposing somewhat, my lower rear buns. We both like our extra close fitting swimsuits that outline our bodies,despite being well covered in close fitting lycra nylon material that really feel nice when wearing our tight sexy Speedo swimsuits. We still don't understand the double standard as to styling of men and women's swimsuits. We may seem old fashioned, but she likes and looks sexier in a bright colored one piece Speedo style swimsuit and The same is for me. When it's time to change out of our Speedo swim suits, we'll gently and slowly help one another out of them. Wet or dry no matter how long it takes peeling each other out of our sexy swimsuits and being very enjoyable for us. Once her Speedo one piece lycra swimsuit is off and she has my Speedo swim briefs down and off, we take a nice long warm shower together. We may not understand today's skimpy standards for women's swim wear and long baggy excessive covering of men's swimsuits, but like our style of clingy Speedo style men's and woman's swimsuits, especially when it's time to take them off.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:47 PM

You can thank Gay Pride for the demise of the speedo as commonly worn swimwear. Prior to 2000 the speedo was a common sight. On the beach, by the pool etc. I remember coming home from the beach and guys were hitch hiking in a speedo.
Enter Gay Pride and news coverage of parades with guys dancing around in speedos in the parades and pride activities. The speedo almost became the official uniform of the gays. When the evening news and front pages of newspapers reporting a gay celebration with all participants in speedos it is only natural for people to equate the skimpy suits with gays. Straight that wore them stopped, Girlfriends told the guys they liked them but didn't want their guy tagged as gay. Even gays quit wearing them at the beach not wanting their attire to out them. It seems that gay pride has in many ways widened the gap between gays and straights. So if you feel uncomfortable wearing your speedos - thank GayPride parades. That event took the speedo from a style of swim suits to a sexual garment.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDave
You can thank Gay Pride for the demise of the speedo as commonly worn swimwear. Prior to 2000 the speedo was a common sight. On the beach, by the pool etc. I remember coming home from the beach and guys were hitch hiking in a speedo.
Enter Gay Pride and news coverage of parades with guys dancing around in speedos in the parades and pride activities. The speedo almost became the official uniform of the gays. When the evening news and front pages of newspapers reporting a gay celebration with all participants in speedos it is only natural for people to equate the skimpy suits with gays. Straight that wore them stopped, Girlfriends told the guys they liked them but didn't want their guy tagged as gay. Even gays quit wearing them at the beach not wanting their attire to out them. It seems that gay pride has in many ways widened the gap between gays and straights. So if you feel uncomfortable wearing your speedos - thank GayPride parades. That event took the speedo from a style of swim suits to a sexual garment.
I respectfully disagree. In general, fashion trends go from the gay community to society in general. Moreover, they were in decline well before Gay Pride parades began to be televised. I am gay and regularly attend pride parades. The participants are not all in speedos, only a small minority (of which I am one, admittedly) are, when they are allowed at all. Many parades bill themselves as "family-friendly" and do not allow them at all. Styles change, and in time change back. Making the comment that "the Gays" are solely, and to the exclusion of all other forces, responsible for the decline of speedo wearing is at best ill-informed, and at worst biased. (I fear the latter is closer to the truth, since this argument appears every year about this time, as Pride season is approaching.)
Old 05-10-2019, 07:03 PM

Default Speedo Demise

The gay Pride issue is certainly the single main cause of the publics disdain for the suits and what a shame it is. When I was a youngster if you did not wear a form fitting swim suit and wore a baggy suit you were castigated. What a turn around it has become.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:07 PM

Default Gay Pride

I do not agree about the biased issue as I have witnessed the conduct and attire of the parade participants and if they were told/informed not to wear these togs I fear some are not listening or not ignoring the issue. Family friendly Ok if you wish to think.
Old 05-10-2019, 07:59 PM

Smile And the answer is

Guys with big tummies!!! Wear the longer form fitting bathing costumes that cover the waist and a little more and run to the knees..........until you lose some of the tummy
Old 05-11-2019, 06:22 AM

In my youth older men particularly those with military service wanted to bring back conscription to give my generation some discipline and backbone, they particularly objected to youths with long hair on the grounds that they couldn't tell if they were boys or girls. Your guy seems to be objecting that you are wearing a woman's bikini bottom when you are in fact wearing men's swimwear.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE_OH_thonger
I respectfully disagree. In general, fashion trends go from the gay community to society in general. Moreover, they were in decline well before Gay Pride parades began to be televised. I am gay and regularly attend pride parades. The participants are not all in speedos, only a small minority (of which I am one, admittedly) are, when they are allowed at all. Many parades bill themselves as "family-friendly" and do not allow them at all. Styles change, and in time change back. Making the comment that "the Gays" are solely, and to the exclusion of all other forces, responsible for the decline of speedo wearing is at best ill-informed, and at worst biased. (I fear the latter is closer to the truth, since this argument appears every year about this time, as Pride season is approaching.)

I remember when speedos were just another swim suit style. Even prior to the pride festivities the speedos had gained a reputation of a gay favorite. Movies and television generally portrayed gays in speedos. Add to that how sections of beaches seem to have a section that is the gay section - populated by speedo or thong clad guys that personify the stereotype swishy fag. The parades have pretty much sealed the deal. While I understand that a minority of participants in a Pride parade are in speedos, tutus or less, the pictures in the newspaper are going to focus on guys dressing that way. It may not be an accurate representation of the event, but that is how it comes off do the seldom accurate press. I have never seen or participated in one of the parades because I feel they promote segregation. Kind of like saying we don't want to be part of the community, we want our own and you must accept it. I lived in Palm Springs and watched the Pride weekends and White Parties. The streets were cluttered with guys in revealing attire and unacceptable conduct. (IE: sucking a guy off in the Walgreens parking lot in the middle of the day) News reports are really not the best way to solicit acceptance. I find it funny that guys can't understand why they are assumed gay when wearing a speedo. Don't they pay attention?