Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2021, 12:44 PM

Default swim brief with super narrow sides

Some time ago we had this long debate over whether a photo showing a volleyball player wearing a super narrow sided black swim brief war real or photoshopped and I think the conclusion generally was that the photo was altered, me included on this.

But in my scrounging around I just encountered a site selling a very similar super narrow black brief--and at a reasonable price. So if some of you guys are interested in "the look" take a look. Interestingly the brief seems to provide full coverage in the rear.

https://www.lightinthebox.com/en/p/h...ml?prm=1.3.0.1
Old 09-15-2021, 02:18 PM

These are Brave Person bikini briefs (single layer), I already have some in orange and rather like them. However the swimsuit in question is a low slung, very narrow sided square cut. They do exist, I've seen them in a Japanese video, your mission should you choose to accept it is to find them for sale somewhere.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:37 PM

Yes it was me who posted the original question. Later in the same thread I posted the original image that I later found online. This confirmed that it had been altered - well they can't both be right, so unless extra material had been added?! Thanks for the link - I would wear them on the beach, but the back is a bit too full for me. On the same site though I found these which I might try https://www.lightinthebox.com/en/p/m...ml?prm=1.3.0.8
Old 09-16-2021, 04:34 PM

Just for the record, here is the original "volleyball player" photo, together with the original unaltered version I found weeks later!

http://www.mensswimsuitboard.com/for...2&d=1614352927

compare with

http://www.mensswimsuitboard.com/for...3&d=1610618042

I rest my case mi'lord!
Old 09-17-2021, 06:33 PM

That volleyball player is cute as he can be! The yellow, nearly see-through bikini shown in the lightinthebox site - you can actually get them for free - just pay postage - from a site called frundies.
Old 09-17-2021, 09:12 PM

How does that work then? I guess the postage is enhanced to cover the costs?
Old 09-18-2021, 02:11 PM

In studying this the fixed postage is $7.99 for the first Frundie pair $5.99 for each additional pair.

But I can go on ebay and find something that appears to be very similar for $6 to $8 with free shipping. are these inferior to the product frundies is offering? That is an empirical issue. Someone here might want to research that and I would be interested in whatever is discovered.
Old 09-19-2021, 11:30 AM

Not sure if it applies in this specific case, but I think a common "trick" is to get you to do the Quality Assurance, instead of paying their own staff to do it. With unfettered refunds avoiding the need for even more admin staff the costs can be reduced. Certainly Amazon no longer need convincing before they'll issue a refund, though the reseller's ratings might reduce.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:01 PM

Yes you can Sebbie:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133481387...AOSwWw1bEMB q

Just ebay search for Brave Person
Old 09-21-2021, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchwatch
These are Brave Person bikini briefs (single layer), I already have some in orange and rather like them. However the swimsuit in question is a low slung, very narrow sided square cut. They do exist, I've seen them in a Japanese video, your mission should you choose to accept it is to find them for sale somewhere.
I have the same bikini in black, blue, white and pink and use them when I go running beneath my shorts. Ultra comfy and give a lovely profile.