Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Lycra Forums > General Mens Lycra Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2021, 04:26 AM
Speedo Member

I purchased the Covermale brand Running shorts last day, a nice fit and I feel very comfortable in them.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:30 PM

Default Enjoying my new shorts

Somehow these are really fun when engaging in nighttime self-pleasuring. The fit and feel of the material is exactly right. I sometimes think that over my lifetime I have tried every self pleasuring method that is possible, but then on occasion I discover something new and really interesting and enjoyable to do with myself.

Like every other guy, I learned about all of this as a young lad just lying in bed at night. It did not take me very long to learn that if I was clad in a slick and stretchy garment, then that could actually be helpful rather than simply my fingers pressing and rubbing against bare skin. That core idea has been with me my entire adult life. Look for slick, smooth and stretchy garments—just like these shorts. Of course in recent years there has been a “boom” in such garments for males and they are readily available. Think snug, slick and stretchy.

I woke up early this morning with just a “hint” of a semi going on. Of course, I had to touch myself and I concluded that, indeed, I was feeling pretty good. And I was clad in my new shorts (see above). As I contemplated, all of this just lying in bed. I soon was feeling even better both physically and psychologically. I put my penis in my shorts in the position pointing toward my head (aka the “up” position. I was already liking how I was feeling, a lot. Then, I did NOT stroke myself. None of this long strokes from glans to base stuff. All I did was barely touch the tip of my index finger to the underside of my penis—not on the glans but near the glans area from the outside of the slick shorts.

I found this most interesting. I could swear that the spot I touched felt like it was “hard-wired” into the main sexual pleasure center of my brain. It was an instantaneous sensation. Just a single non-moving fingertip felt really really good. These shorts were certainly worth way more than I paid for them.

Then I tried something else. I moved my fingertip while it was pressed through the cloth—not much mind you—in fact the tiniest amount I could—less than 1/8 of an inch. Instantly—once again waves of pleasure coursed through my body and to my brain—this is GREAT fun! I am enjoying myself immensely…this is a terrific treat. I could keep doing this over and over. Actually I did keep doing this over and over---tiny press on the underside through the shorts—revel in the pangs of pleasure---calm down a bit—move my fingertip a tiny fraction of an inch—enjoy the consequences of the slight movement—really enjoy what is happening to me.

A guy’s body is filled with pleasure centers that behave like this and learning about exactly how to activate them and get the most out of them is one of the best things about being a guy. This one you can do at home, alone, at night and no one will be the wiser. Technically this is a form of edging. It also makes use of a garment high in Lycra. The waves of extreme pleasure are right there for you to enjoy. The tricky part is simply learning the techniques that work well to capture them. Kick back and enjoy yourself…
Old 04-21-2021, 10:54 AM
Speedo Member

Shiny, well fitted, love the red and yellow, perfect running shorts or underwear.
Old 07-12-2021, 02:08 PM

Default Guy's underwear then and now

Guy's underwear then and now

I am beginning to understand why the mid-thigh compression-like shorts made of stretch fabric seems to have taken over so much of the men’s and boy’s underwear market in the past few years.

Guys generally like to feel horny, but this is also a topic of fear, but especially among guys who are still rather uncertain about their ability to control their bodily “urges”. For a lot of guys, this poses something of a constant dilemma of sorts—the sheer fun of feeling way neat down there versus the potential embarrassment of trying to deal with a situation whereby peers (male and maybe even female) notice what is happening to and with them.

For a lot of guys, the idea of wearing a brief as underwear or even as swimwear psychologically is too much. A guy may WANT to wear a brief, but the other stuff overwhelms. For better or worse, a lot of briefs are still associated with “being gay” and a lot of guys do not want to have to deal with that from a socialization perspective whether a guy considers himself to be gay or not. Still, a lot of guys deep down carry around a wonder about how a brief would not only look on their own bodies, but how a brief would feel down there. And the idea of being able to masturbate in, say, a swim brief, is something perhaps a lot of guys think about doing, but are at the same time also scared and apprehensive.

Then there are the standard cotton briefs, a men’s underwear design that has been around for maybe as long as a hundred years. But somehow these have gotten associated with what “old dudes” still wear. They are still sold but the marketing seems to cater to old dudes.

Going from my teen years into young adulthood in the 1950s and 60s, this underwear design was practically the ONLY thing that the males my age wore. The white cotton brief was in every guy’s wardrobe. They were cheap, readily available and, being white they did not mess up the washing process when simply tossed in the washer. And of course, the white briefs got washed a lot, given that they were the underwear of choice at the time for male self-abuse as well.

Colored briefs did not enter the scene to any degree until later, in the 1970s, when the manufacturers started to use colorfast dies that were not white, and we started moving toward fabrics that had some stretch Lycra, and also lower-rise briefs. More interestingly, the manufacturers started experimenting with flyless briefs, which some of my generation immediately deemed as “girlie” underwear or perhaps too revealing, or perhaps something that would appeal to guys who were openly or secretly gay or otherwise had a “feminine side”. The idea of engaging in self-abuse in a pair of these was also out there, and guys who liked to secretly buy a few pairs and keep them available to be used for this purpose. Of course, no one ever talked about that! “Hey mom I would like a pair of those skimpy colored briefs so I could use them to pleasure myself!” Not something any guy would say for sure. Still, all of this was floating around out there as ideas.

Then we went through this crazy period when guys wore very loose-fitting jeans and equally loose-fitting boxer shorts as their normal wear. Somehow no guy wanted to be caught wearing anything that fit snug and tight—underwear, jeans—lest he be teased and bullied for being a masturbator, which was only a short distance from being teased and bullied for being gay.

So, where are we currently? Skimpy no-fly colored briefs appear to be far less popular with guys than they were in the 1970s and 80s given what I see nowadays on the racks of the discount department stores. The white cotton briefs now seem to be marketed mainly to the old dudes who wore these in their youth, and somehow stuck with that all that time. And loose-fitting cotton boxers in a small blue plaid seem far less popular than they were 20 years ago as well

What seems to have largely taken its place is the underwear designed to look like either a swimmer’s jammer, or a pair of compression shorts or maybe a combination of both. I think the popularity of the current style is that guys saw the compression shorts dangling beneath the shorts worn by the pro and college basketball players and said that might be fun for me too.

The idea of wearing a short that fits really snug and provides compression to mid-thigh has strong appeal. But, equally important, guys have never lost the enthusiasm for using what they wear as underwear also as an aid to making them feel really good down there. You know, that kind of semi horny feeling that a guy’s head is somehow magically being drawn to his groin area, and some interesting initial sensations can quickly be evolve into something that feels really neat. The close fit to the thighs also provides an interesting element of eroticism at a place in the body a guy might not have realized was erotic.

There appears to be debate among manufacturers whether such gear needs to have a fly or not. The gear with a fly needs to be treated as strictly underwear to be worn under something else—jeans, loose-fitting shorts. But the ones without flies COULD be worn as if they were compression gear, particularly in a gym setting. The ideal garment makes a guy feel, well, more than a little horny but would be treated as normal guy wear and he would not be teased or bullied. The flyless shorts seem to pose a bit of a dilemma for a guy at the urinal but most discover techniques for going over the top, so to speak.

So, what about today? Guys never lose an enthusiasm for feeling good in the groin area. This ois very much a part of just being a guy and what that entails. There is no reason at all to be apprehensive Generally guys are quite anxious about this particularly when the issue becomes one of how the garment might affect how one feels down there moment-by-moment. The tight-fitting thigh length compression underwear fits neatly under the modern skinny jeans (which tend to be erotic in a different way) but also under loose fitting shorts and pants.

Today, for example, I needed to do some lawn mowing, and long pants are in order for this from a safety perspective. But under the long athletic style pants of course I wore my really snug compression underwear and, as another (padding) lawyer under that I have on a pair of my much-loved tighty whiteys, though a lot of guys probably would probably wear the compression underwear right next to their skin, as they are fixated of the feel of the tight stretch fabric clinging directly to the penis. I think it all feels neat regardless of the layers that are present, and this is part of the great enjoyment of being a guy.

The paths that guys have taken in a somewhat secret effort to enjoy their own bodies over in this respect have changed over the years, but the overall goal of a fondness for feeling horny has changed little if at all. We are still dealing with some of the most closely held “secrets” a guy has, particularly within the subject of how what guys might wear and do with and to their own bodies in the absence of a sexual partner. Still, some of the things that work when a guy is alone might be adapted to become part of a partner sex routine. A pair of snug-fitting compression underwear might plat an important role in a sexual encounter with a partner, and some of the ads for underwear seem to hint at this as well

Sebbie
Old 08-10-2021, 02:11 AM

I have converted some of my cycling shorts into running tights by removing the padding - I really love the outcome and it has expanded my "running tights" collection a lot by this way!
Old 08-10-2021, 09:50 PM

Lycra cycling shorts are designed to be worn sitting down (on the saddle of a bike). Although you can stand up in them and move about, they are shaped for the seated position. There are plenty of swim jammers, running, and exercise Lycra shorts on the market designed for standing up. When removing the seat padding from cycling shorts you are liable to damage the fabric.
If you want Lycra shorts without padding it's probably best to buy them that way.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:57 PM

Default On all things Lycra

On all things Lycra

I was sorting through my Lycra gear this morning and thinking about some things. As all of you know, I have been a stationary rower for many decades and spend time every day in my Lycra gear. Being retired now and not having any reason to go out, on most days I frequently spend all my waking hours in a compression tee and, depending on the season, either a pair of compression shorts or full-length tights. I love the look and feel of both the shorts and the tights, and I have a lot of compression shorts that could be used as underwear or the other way around, as well as jammers intended for swimming, but work well too.

I do like the look of the wrestling singlets too, and the fact that they are very similar to the costumes the stationary rowers wear in competition, but I find getting in and out of the shoulder straps during the day to not be any fun and this gets old quickly.

I discovered how neat compression shorts and tees were for my rowing activities many decades ago. I think I first ran into these shopping in a Walmart aisle next to the athletic equipment, where they had a wall filled mostly with straps but also with a few compression shorts and tees. Two of the earliest ones I bought were sold under the Star or Star Fit label. Interestingly, I still have these two pairs of shorts, one a MED and the other a SM.

I have worn these quite a bit over the years, but interestingly both are still in excellent condition. Imagine a black compression short with blue contrast stitching. The MED fits, well, tight, but the SM is super tight. Just a great look, fit and feel. Yesterday I spent the day in the MED, but I wore the SM on some days the previous week. Some great and sturdy gear for doing what I do in my home gym.

Still, I can’t just go out and buy more of these. So the tricky part was trying to find something new that was most like my favorites from way back. Several months ago I bought this pack of three from Amazon, size SM. These are sold for wear either for use as underwear or as exercise wear or both.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PNT3G9G...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Having just spent yesterday in the Star MED of old, and enjoying myself immensely, I pulled out recently purchased black one with the red stitching for today, size SM. Aside from the stitching color difference the pair I have on today look, fit and feel very similar to my beloved Star shorts from years back. Size wise, in comparison to the Stars—I would say the SM in this brand is like something between a SM and MED in the old Star shorts. I am comfortable wearing these outdoors with other people, and occasionally another guy will say to me that I look great in my compression shorts, as actually happened to me a few days ago. Well I guess I do look i good for a guy in his 70s wearing just a black compression tee, black compression shorts with contrast stitching and white Adidas shoes with the three black slashes. But having a rower’s chest and a bike rider’s thighs surely helps in this regard.

I am a big believer in the idea that the right clothing can make or break a situation where a guy wants to keep up a regular exercise routine, and for me part of the fun of rowing and stationary bike riding is being able to hang out so much in the compression gear. The fact that being in the Lycra tends to make me perennially horny all day long does not hurt either. I love feeling horny in my gear, but you know that already….
Old 09-22-2021, 01:28 PM

Default Old fashioned Compression shorts

Old fashioned Compression shorts

What makes me so fond of the look, fit and feel of compression gear that I am delighted to be able to wear it practically every day, and how did I get so hooked on doing this? I guess others might say that as adult males go, I am remarkably free of vices—I don’t smoke, drink, take drugs or have sex with a partner of either sex. Yet despite all of this I seem almost amazingly and remarkably cheerful and upbeat.

Still, I do have things I like to do, mainly things I really enjoy doing to, with and by myself. And many of these things are directly related to the gear I own. I have a massive collection of compression gear, that is alongside my equally massive collections of swim briefs, thong, straps and skinny jeans. But how did I get to where I am anyway?

Yesterday I was digging around in my dresser drawers and found what I believe to be the first pair of compression shorts I ever purchased, also from the board in the athletic equipment section at Walmart, but predating the Star ones I was wearing and telling you about the other day. These shorts were made by a company called Bollinger. The whole design I think was based on the idea that guys were going to wear these for compression and support under a looser-fitting pair of cotton shorts. They came only in two colors, black or white, and I course I had to have one of each. The white pair is around here somewhere but I have not located that yet.

I have been telling you about some of the recent compression shorts I have gotten and my fondness for the TSLA brand of gear, shorts, shirts and tights. More recently I have talked about the STAR brand of shorts that I bought a long time ago from Walmart and how neat they fit and look on me.

But the Bollingers are in a different category from any of these. The first issue I had was that the cloth kept its snug stretch over the years but the seams ripped in various laces and a few years back I had to do some work on the sewing machine to close some of the open seams… This restitch work can be seen as I used a white not black thread but the repairs do not detract from the overall look.

As you know, Lycra polyester swim briefs gradually disintegrate as the Lycra stretch comes apart due to contact with chemicals in the water and simply by age, and few stretch swim briefs that are 25 years old would even be wearable and be completely stretched out if not totally falling apart.

Not the Bollingers. They are made of what still is a heavy duty stretch-fabric, a fabric that does not fall apart as the shorts age. This is a very different fabric from the currently available compression gear—a fabric that to this day compresses more than anything I can buy nowadays. Fresh out of the package, no doubt I pulled these on and said “WOW” I LIKE these a lot.
I was a smaller guy when I bought these—no 9000 miles on a bike under my belt nor thousands of hours on my stationary rowers. And of course I had to buy size SM---way back when I was always very fond of a snug fit.

Another interesting part about this is that these have a shorter inseam than current compression shorts. My thighs are bigger but my waist if anything is smaller. Can I even get into these? The answer of course is YES and they look great and feel great. That super heavy duty compression fabric feels great on my body.

The inseam is maybe 6 ½ inches as opposed to 9 or 10 inches that is commonplace nowadays. The whole look was to see maybe 3 inches at mid thigh dangling below your loose fitting and even shorter cotton shorts. But keep in mind that the loose fitting shorts like the NBA players wear were much shorter in those days, and it used to be that basketball players wore shorts with maybe only a 3-inch inseam, so in athletic activity everyone knew who had compression gear on and who did not. Wearing compression gear was purportedly tied to athletic performance and a reduction in pulled and strained muscles and other injuries. I also expect that Bollinger figured most guys would want to wear an old school jock under these with or without a cup, for multiple layers of protection.

So I pulled these on this morning and they look and feel great. They are quite a bit shorter than my other compression shorts but what the heck. As I tugged them into place I got to thinking that when I got these might have been my first experience in wearing compression shorts and I immediately was hooked on the look, the fit and the feel. When I did this I probably already had been rowing for some time and lifting weights too, and it suddenly dawned on me that these shorts were perfect for that activity, also recognizing that keeping myself feeling horny was also the key to making my workouts from being burdensome.

All in all a great experiment on my part and I understand even more of the story as to why my collection of compression gear has grown so large, After all, compared with most guys, I live a very conservative life and never get myself into a dangerous situation at all.

In the intervening years, wearing compression gear and engaging in athletics of various kinds and the combination of the two have become extremely popular with guys everywhere. In introducing young aspiring athletes to the wonders of compression gear early on, the Bollinger company was an early leader in all of this, and in so doing, these shorts were quite a start. I was hooked on them, just like that!
Old 10-01-2021, 05:22 AM
Speedo Member

Well, I tried the jocks only because sometimes in tights I feel the itching and skin irritation in it.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:47 PM

Default This feels really good

This feels really good

This morning we have much cooler weather, and I opted for a long-sleeved black compression tee and a pair of my favorite TSLA black running tights size SM that somehow I have only worn a couple times before. The TSLA tights fit really snug and tight, but once in I look and feel great wearing them. I really like how they fit skin tight through my thighs and into my calves and they work great for my stationary rowing and exercise bike routine.

But today, underneath I slipped on a little Duke old school strap with an old school flat cup. The neat thing about the old school cups is that they fit fine, but only if I am completely flaccid. Immediately I sense that something is lurking around my penis, and I start thinking about how truly neat it feels.

The snug-fitting running tights of course mean that the cup is held firmly in place around my penis, and the soft outer edge of the cup presses firmly against my groin. Initially I say “I can certainly deal with that” and “at this stage in my life this is no big deal”, but my penis keeps telling my brain to keep paying close attention to what all is going on down there. At some point my brain says back to me that this is really a very enjoyable situation to be in, and this becomes even more fun as I begin my exercise routine. I also watch TV as I exercise in this setup, and that distracts me somewhat from what is happening down there, but only for a little bit. I am soon back to thinking about my penis, and how much it likes being in the tight and tense situation it is in, with the hard cup sending periodic reminders of its presence as I work out, each reminder ever a little more enjoyable than the last one.

All of this is great fun and I recommend it highly as a relaxing but at the same time stimulating thing to do. And it’s a great incentive to keep up a workout and exercise routine on a daily basis. You will be hooked too, if you try this procedure.