Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2018, 01:09 PM
StrawberryBoards

Default White GM Brief- Not What I Expected

I purchased a white swim brief by GMS off on Amazon. I was not unaware of the sheer nature of white nylon but was foolishly convinced by the product Q&A saying the front lining prevented excessive transparency and the photos suggesting a very solid brief. https://www.amazon.com/Signature-Dra.../dp/B00IIRBVZK

Needless to say when this arrived I was suprised to find that it was not even completely opaque when dry and barely even visible when wet. Now I, for one, think this sort of thing is pretty cool but the rest of the United States is not in agreement with me on this. Am curious as to what settings and activities dudes here are comfortable with wearing sheer swimwear at and for. Maybe I'm overreacting; should I post photos for confirmation?
Old 06-20-2018, 02:45 PM

People are complaining about the small Asian sizing, considering the low price it must be made in China where the quality changes with each batch. Send it back and order something else.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:50 PM
StrawberryBoards

no man it's definitely going to be great for private use and it fits very comfortable. Just wondering where I can use it publically since it seems unsuitable for the lap swimming I was going to use it for.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:59 PM

Maybe you could wear an opaque white or flesh-colored nylon brief underneath.
Old 06-20-2018, 03:19 PM
StrawberryBoards

Wouldn't layering briefs defeat the whole sleek and minimal effect one wears a brief for? Haven't ever tried this
Old 06-20-2018, 03:31 PM

I have a black Asian swim support brief that is paper-thin and very stretchy, maybe it is for women, but that's what I had in mind.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:06 PM

Every swimwear collection should have at least one white (or lightly coloured) swim brief that you know will go completely see through when wet. Any suspect suit should be tested in the shower, it can be quite fun to find out just how transparent it becomes.

Once you know a swim brief is too much for your local pool it goes into the beach and fun section of your collection. This selection consists of your swim thongs, very brief swim bikinis and swim briefs you know are transparent when wet. Now you have something to wear at those quiet beaches, lonely lakes and private gardens where you can't quite go naked.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:22 PM

Default you can sweat in 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberryBoards
no man it's definitely going to be great for private use and it fits very comfortable. Just wondering where I can use it publically since it seems unsuitable for the lap swimming I was going to use it for.

Do you have sauna or steam room you could wear it in?
Old 06-25-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikenSwim
People are complaining about the small Asian sizing, considering the low price it must be made in China where the quality changes with each batch. Send it back and order something else.

GM suits are made in Canada, the sizes, cut and fit are pretty true to most American sizes, and the quality is pretty good for the price.

Even the darker colored suits with front linings have rather showy VPL's.

Last edited by Red^^Speedo : 06-25-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:47 PM
Speedo Member

Default GM white suits

The lighter colors definitely have a noticeable vpl. That usually doesn’t bother me too much, but they can be very see through in the rear. They don’t tend to be see through in the front even when wet, but maybe too much detail for the family pool.

Trouble with wearing lighter colors to the beach or lake: sand can get trapped in a wet suit so you have a permanently dirty-looking suit.

I’m thinking of using mine for tanning when I’m not planning on getting in the water, or maybe for nighttime outdoor hot tub use? I haven’t figured out a use for mine yet after one embarrassing moment at the pool.