Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2018, 10:08 AM

Default A harsh reality

As much as I love wearing speedos, have you ever put on your speedo, looked in the mirror and said, 'Maybe I shouldn't be wearing these anymore.' I had that moment yesterday when I tried on my new Clever swim brief. It felt amazing, but I don't think I have that young swim stud look anymore that all of these speedo models have. Ugh.. I'm not throwing in the towel yet though. They'll have to pry my speedo out of my cold dead hands before I give it up. Gotta hit the gym though.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:31 AM

Smile How about somethng like this?

Form fitting. Snug. Keep you warm in the water.https://www.deadgoodundies.com/olaf-...rint-swim-body
Old 05-01-2018, 03:34 PM
Speedo Member

Careful, Need4. Just as no man needs to meet anyone's standards to go shirtless when outdoors, no guy has to "qualify" for swimsuit eligibility. However admirable it may be to establish and work toward an aesthetic physical goal, I say give yourself permission to enjoy what you like now.

Guys, if we swim and sun in briefs (of whatever style is preferred) only if we meet certain physique "ideals," wouldn't we make it more intimidating for others to wear them? I prefer encouraging others to wear briefs if that's what they want.

Enjoy the week, guys.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:55 PM

Just as with women in bikinis, a man who wants to wear a speedo in public should be physically fit. I don't want to see a 300lb sow in a string bikini.
Point is, it's hard enough to sport a speedo on the beach with today's stigma. It's going to be even worse if your badly out of shape. But if your comfortable, go for it.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:28 PM

remember that mirrors are liars.
When you look in a mirror you think you are seeing you honest image but that is not true. You see the image that you want to see. I know it sounds crazy but it is true. You are wearing something, in this case a speedo, that you want to wear and really like wearing so your mind is seeing yourself looking pretty good in that speedo. You have programed your mind to see you looking younger than you actually are or look to others. When you see that body, you think you are looking good for your age or level of exercise. You manage to block out that soft belly that may actually be protruding over the waist of the speedo. It is very difficult to look for reality and not what you think or want to be reality.
Sorry I don't have a solution for this but one approach is to look for the faults with that image in the mirror and you will be closer to seeing yourself as you are and others see you than if you look only at what is ok or acceptable.
Don't toss the speedo, just be able to accept the realities that the mirror really tries to hide from you.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:33 PM

Better to photograph or video yourself then, if you want to see a true image.
Old 05-24-2018, 11:40 AM
Speedo Member

Harsh reality is settling in for me. This morning I was walking on the bike/jogger path next to the highway that is adjacent to the beach wearing a red rash top, navy solar speedos and a blue hoodie. Then some older guy on a bike went by, saw me walking and as he passed by said to me: ‘disgusting’..that really put a damper in my confidence .... considering a couple of weeks ago some skinny meth head called me a fucking something....��

Last edited by Malcontent : 05-24-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-24-2018, 01:21 PM

Strange people where you live.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:50 PM
Speedo Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
Strange people where you live.

NYC is full of strange people.
Old 05-24-2018, 04:35 PM

I feel that you should wear whatever you want as long as you feel comfortable in it. So what exactly is the ideal body to wear a speedo? Is being too skinny or slim just as bad as being overweight and out of shape?

I’ve always been naturally slim. I run and swim to stay toned and never have been into lifting weights. Sometimes I feel too skinny.

So is being skinny just as bad as being overweight?