Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More  

Go Back   Speedo Fantasy Board - Mens Swim Suit Board - Briefs, Bikinis, and More > Mens Swim Suit Forums > General Mens Swim Suit Guy Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2014, 04:39 PM

Default Aussiebum 1.5 Classic arrived

I've just received the black colour of this version, and immediately made comparisons with my Speedo Endurance (2 inch side) black briefs.

The good news - exactly the same width as my Speedos, so fit not a problem. They're no more low rise than my Speedos. The side seams are not that much less, so not too worried about brevity.

The not so good news - the material is so thin! I can see right through them when I hold them up to the light. The Speedos must be twice as thick. Makes one wonder how they would stand up to the rigours of swimming. I've got a thong thicker than them! Oh, and the label at the side looks stupid, so I think I would need to cut that off.

I quite like the style of them, actually. Can I just have some more thickness?
Old 04-08-2014, 07:14 PM

I ordered last year also the classic 1.5, but in this colour

https://c8804442.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com...1205103725.jpg

I have to admit, I was very happy before it arrived, but not so happy when it finally arrived. it was almost transparent and yes, the logo in one side looks not so good. well. indeed, it was the second time I ordered any swimsuit online, so I had little experience and didn't read the information correctly before buying it (in the description it says: "Sheer Rating: Low 4/10", so I didn't notice about this)
at first I was little angry, but now I find the suit sexy and the colour nice. I wouldn't wear it in a swimming pool or beach (at least not in local beaches), but it's one more suit to my small but nice collection.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisweirdthing1985
I ordered last year also the classic 1.5, but in this colour

https://c8804442.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com...1205103725.jpg

I have to admit, I was very happy before it arrived, but not so happy when it finally arrived. it was almost transparent and yes, the logo in one side looks not so good. well. indeed, it was the second time I ordered any swimsuit online, so I had little experience and didn't read the information correctly before buying it (in the description it says: "Sheer Rating: Low 4/10", so I didn't notice about this)
at first I was little angry, but now I find the suit sexy and the colour nice. I wouldn't wear it in a swimming pool or beach (at least not in local beaches), but it's one more suit to my small but nice collection.

I bought the same suit and have the same thought about it. It's hit and miss depending on what kind of beach you wear it to. I wore it in Mykonos (Elias beach) and people looked and smiled. That is a nude beach though.

I also wore it in Gran Canaria. Others had the same suit.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:27 PM

Default locations

No trouble I would guess with such ABs in the resorts you mention but twt has to think otherwise when he says "local".

Things seem to be changing in AussieBum fabrics (and maybe not for the better) but I think that their sheer rating information is sufficient defence against any complaint. Caveat emptor
Old 04-08-2014, 10:45 PM

Thumbs up aussiebum classic....

nothing surprising its a gay firm.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:44 PM

Phase 1 - unpicked the stitches of the label tag. Left a very small hole, which I tried fairly unsuccessfully to sew up - but it's not really noticeable.

Phase 2 - walked round the house in them. They're only slightly briefer than my Speedos, but more prone to show bum crack if you're not careful.

Phase 2 - had a bath in them followed by a shower. It felt like I was naked. The water seemed to go straight through them. Mercifully there was no sheer factor with them.

So still not sure if I would wear them to the public baths. Don't have a problem with the brevity of them - just all the other stuff especially when moving through the water.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:15 PM

Default First time out

Had a day off work and decided I would take the plunge and wear the briefs at my local pool.
On the journey there I don't think I'd felt as nervous since the time I first wore Speedos back in 1991. When I'd finished changing I was then about to walk to the pool, until I realised I hadn't collected my goggles. The mind was playing tricks. I started to feel a bit better when I was showering, and then on entering the pool area I didn't feel too bad. It was quiet, save for a class of old women doing Aquafit at the shallow end. No kids there which was a bonus.

During the first 10 minutes of the swim I kept checking to make sure nothing was to slip out or slip down (double-tied the drawstring) or that nothing was showing through the fabric. Once I was convinced that wasn't happening I started to enjoy myself. The briefs were very comfortable to swim in. I had no nerves leaving the pool, because you know what? Nobody took any notice. Their motto is 'if you doubt yourself - wear something else'. Well I did doubt myself, but I learned some time ago that if you never leave your comfort zone - you never live.

So - these ABs are now a part of my swimming inventory, though I can't see me buying any other brands of theirs. I don't like most of their styles and their colours are too light. Actually, I think I'll suggest to them to introduce a classic 1.5 in navy blue.

Last edited by Bede735 : 04-22-2014 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:21 PM

Switched to the 2 inch Speedo Endurance today at the pool, as I like to alternate. Funny how conservative it felt in comparison, even though I was the only one wearing briefs.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bede735
Actually, I think I'll suggest to them to introduce a classic 1.5 in navy blue.
They may have some old ones as the Classics were one of the ranges they reduced to some core colours and ranges.

I don't see the point in having azure and royal blue briefs. They just seem too similar. Certainly the same 'sheer factor' anyway, and who wants that?
Old 05-01-2014, 01:06 PM

Default AB 1.5 Briefs

I have been wearing the AB 1.5 Loose Fit Wonderjock for years. The very thin nylon fabric holds up extremely well, the suits dries extremely fast and is very thin to pack so I take it on all my travels and business trips for my exercise swims.

The only sheer factor to be concerned with is the white suit with a sheer factor of 8/10, they indicate it is extreme....and it certainly is for a few minutes as you exit the water, but it too drains and dries very quickly.

I love the convenience and performance of these suits. I have received numerous compliments from both men and women about how they look on, and I have never had a complaint, even when in the white suit.